Best Decks for all Warbands

Mortarch_of_Night

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This is the OP (forgot log-in details!);

I have been working on balanced decks for all 12 warbands out of one set of cards, the results are below. I've tried to give stronger cards to the 'weaker' warbands. I have used cards from both core sets, all warbands, Echoes of Glory and the Leaders deck.

Anything for a particular warband you think I've missed, let me know as feedback would be very welcome!

Steelheart's Champions

Garrek's Reavers

Ironskull's Boyz

Sepulchral Guard

Spiteclaw's Swarm

The Chosen Axes

The Farstriders

Magore's Fiends

Stormsire's Cursebreakers

Thorns of the Briar Queen

The Eyes of the Nine

Zarbag's Gitz

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

@prawnking, I know it's asking much, but do you maybe plan to prepare such decks for the new warbands as well (Godsworn Hunt and Mollog's Mob)? Because it would be really awesome, if you did - I played with your decks last weeks and they make things so much more convenient when you only have a single set of cards, plus they are really competitive and thought-out.

I'd already done this and literally finished this weekend! All old warbands tweaked with new cards too.

Bear in mind that these aren't tournament-winning, optimised decks; they're just to give each warband a fair chance of doing well and boosting some of the weaker ones with the most powerful cards. I wanted to give each warband a distinct personality too.  I also experimented his with a Cursebreaker's Katophrane deck as those cards were just wasting away doing nothing in my collection haha

Comments, suggestions and omissions gladly accepted!

Steelheart's Champions

Garrek's Reavers

Ironskull's Boyz

Sepulchral Guard

Spiteclaw's Swarm

The Chosen Axes

The Farstriders

Magore's Fiends

The Eyes of the Nine

Zarbag's Gitz

Godsworn Hunt

Mollog's Mob

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

New decks for all Season 1 and 2 Underworlds warbands. At this stage you can't really just do the newest warbands, with new cards you have to go back and tweak them all.

I've boosted a lot of the early Shadespire warbands and the weaker/less forgiving Nightvault ones (Eyes of The Nine/Godsworn Hunt). Hope you enjoy! As usual, any feedback greatly received, especially if I can improve thematics or am missing obvious cards/combos/synergies

Steelheart's Champions

Garrek's Reavers

Ironskull's Boyz

Sepulchral Guard

Spiteclaw's Swarm

The Chosen Axes

The Farstriders

Magore's Fiends

The Eyes of the Nine

Zarbag's Gitz

Godsworn Hunt

Mollog's Mob

Thundrik's Profiteers

Ylthari's Guardians

Edited by prawnking
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for all you have done. One note. You used Supremacy 5 times and I think there is only 4 total copies (2 in shadespire and 2 in Nightvault)

-Skeletons

-Nighthaunt

-Gitz

-Chosen Axes

-Profiteers  

Yes I noticed this last week when I physically made all the decks! This stuff can be hard to track haha

Personally I swapped it  out Frugal and Supremacy for Sound Finances and Hold Objective 1 in the Profiteers deck, depends on what you feel is the most balanced approach. I felt the Kharadrons were strong enough without Supremacy and could live without  it in a way the others couldn't (Search The City is a decent alternative, if for one less glory)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Hannibal said:

Where did you get it from?

It's only available from Barnes and Noble. It's out of stock online though 😣. You might be able to find one at a brick and mortar B&N. Their website let's you search for what's in stock in their stores, so you can be reasonably certain they have it before you make the trek to one.

So here's the deal... B&N online shipped about a month ago.  B&N Brick and Mortars (even though they say they are in stock) are JUST starting to do their game area.  The managers are completely redoing the area.  Mine did theirs on last Friday and sold it to me because I was pissed that B&N Online sold/shipped and I couldn't get a copy.  Nice enough but one of the reasons I HATE retailer exclusives.  The other store I asked to set one aside has been radio silent.

On 9/1/2019 at 1:39 PM, prawnking said:

Thank you for creating these decks. 

When I build the last deck I found out that the link is to Thundrik's Profiteers instead to Ylthari's Guardians, do you have the link to the last deck?

Thanks,

D.

The link to "Ylthari's Guardians" is the same as to "Thundrik's Profiteers"