Hello from Nottingham

Sartoza

Hello,

Really pleased to see so many people enjoying AoS....

I started many years ago collecting, painting and playing Orcs and Goblins; I was born in Italy and we had to buy Games Workshop models directly from the factory in Nottingham because we didn't have any stores around..... that is how long ago it was :) 

I have just bought a truck load of Silvaneth and I have angry trees coming out of my ears at the moment...... and only 3 days to paint them all before our mega battle.....

I also work for Games Workshop UK as a recruiter and, before I get banned for spamming :) , the mods are happy for me to put info on this board about job opportunities within the Company.

My main question is: are you, reading this post, happy about seeing jobs opportunities here?

Thanks, happy to be part of this community.

Giuseppe

Hello and Welcome!

I think its all a secret dream to be involved in the hobby we love as a jov capacity. I for one always look on the careers site in the vain hope that there is that job that I would suit. To me, this kind of place is probably one of the better places for people like yourself to advertise, its people that are keen in what your recruiting for. If the admins are happy with it, why not make yourself a thread similar to the rumour thread that you keep updating?

Aside from that, I am quite local to you in Leicester, so if you ever fancy a game with someone different, I am definately up for a game, its nice to have different opponents!

Welcome again, and enjoy the experience, I have enjoyed my last month here thoroughly.

Hi @Sartoza 

I'm glad to see you posting in here.  I'd love to see more information about the jobs that are being posted.  Sometimes the 'official' listing can't really put across so of the really cool opportunities that are available with a position at GeeDubs

I think some of your existing managers are doing really cool things at the moment and it would be cool to show off what they are doing to let people see what is possible if they were to apply for positions  @WORGORE and @Tim Davis are 2 people that I see doing fun stuff.

Another thing that I would like to know (and I don't know if its something you can say) is the earning potential at Games Workshop.  From the replies so far in this thread its already been mentioned that earnings are a concern for people but I guess its not actually all that commonly known what salaries people can achieve.   "I'd love to work at GW but couldn't afford the pay cut" is something I hear quite often 

Enjoy the site! 

I’m going to hold my hand up and admit that I reported your original recruitment “become a Space Marine” post as inappropriate, I’ll explain why I felt this way and it wasn't just because this isn't a 40k forum. (See hidden text as it’s a bit of a rant!) 

Spoiler

Just over 10 years ago I was a significant contributer to a forum ran by a major power kiting company (Flexifoil), loads of stuff went on here but to cut a long story short there were other brands and products ended up being promoted on these forums and issues arose with the quality and reliability of the content and in the end Flexifoil basically had to close down their forums.  This was a detriment to the whole community.

In the Warhammer community I have previously been an active member of Ulthuan.net and Da Warpath and in all my experience of these and other forums, advertising by or on behalf a company is a bad thing. People use forums to openly discuss there hobbies and don’t want to have to wade through a quagmire of adverts and information aiming to sell them things, or in this case recruit them.

Now I’m not saying that your original post was really heavy handed blatant advertising, I actually enjoyed reading it and found it amusing, however it was still a form of corporate advertising which has no place on a public forum, which is what tga.community is billed as. Also it’s in the site rules, no advertising. If you were allowed then it sets a precedent for other people to advertise on the site.

As such I felt the need to report it to try and prevent us going down the slippery slope of allowing adverts to creep into this awesome hub for people who love GW.

Advertising is bad on public forums even it’s mildest form, so in my opinion; no job advertisements please. That is what GW’s recruitment website is for. Although I don’t think people would mind you using your forum signature to encourage people to direct message you if they are interested in working for GW.  Obviously if @Ben decrees you have your own GW recruitment section of these forums then I would dare not disagree.

Apart from that; it’s great to have another fellow Greenskin player here, and I’m looking forward to seeing some of your Silvaneth in the gallery.

Obviously I'm biased as @Ben has mentioned but if places like this had these sort of posts maybe I would of looked into Jobs at GW earlier.

Equally I hear @cb_rex loud and clear, maybe a seperate area/thread for advice and discussion in case like minded individuals want to enquire.

Hi Giuseppe,

I would like to know more about becoming a Z brush artist/ junior designer. I am currently a professional compositor in VFX so have a familiar skillset and know the software/processes involved and could be interested in retraining in a staff position. Pls feel free to PM me here or find me on gmail jamcp82@gmail.com or linkedin www.linkedin.com/in/jmcpvfx

thanks

James

OK, bit of a mixed feelings here, I simply thought to give the opportunity to hobbyists to apply for a job they would love and using this community seemed a good idea.

I really don't know what kind of "advertising approach" you guys are used to but I felt I was, somehow, misunderstood.

That's ok, I'll be around here posting photos of "cool stuff" and if anyone is interested in getting more info about jobs (and salaries) give me a shout.

Have fun guys :)

Archived