Summoning! Argh!

Mcthew

2 hours ago, mikethefish said:

Thanks guys.

So to a non-Death playing layman, I can see why this ability has a reputation for sucking pretty hard in Matched Play.

Out of curiosity, what are more useful Command abilities for Vampires to use?  My opponent is kinda new and I feel bad having to drop a fairly major bombshell on the tactics he has been using so far.  

For matched play, it does have a bit of a bad reputation - it is however "free" so you've technically not lost anything :)

There are only two flavours of regular Vampire heroes currently.  Vampires on foot grant a single Death unit within 15" +1 attacks - very useful if you're running a skeleton heavy list.  Vampires on Zombie Dragons grant a single unit within 15" +1 to hit.  Additionally every general also knows Inspiring Presence where you can make one unit immune to Battleshock.

One thing your friend needs to bear in mind is that only the general can use a command ability.  So picking the right general will likely depend upon the sized game you're playing.  For a 2000 point game, having a 5-wound Vampire on foot is really risky, he won't take much to kill so running something else could be a better option

Archived