Heat 2 Results, Lists and Pics of Best Painted Army

5 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

One a general note.. the player who placed first with that Nurgle list must be a GREAt tactician or several units I thought were ad/extremely points inefficient are the opposite because I cant re-call any Nurgle list that has sniffed the top of competetive events using Lord of afflictions and nurglings.   

I get a sense, more and more, that's it's a very underappreciated character, especially combined with drones. It's a better choice than a daemon prince (which is what I use for my drones) I think. 

8 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

A

Is skryre a hard counter to nurgle? I suppose a mortal nurle list (such as a plagetouched warband) but I thought a nurgle demon list would be really strong against  them! As a mortal nurgle player... Im terrified of facing skryre. Chnagehost is simply a smile and nod (dog in burning pub sort of expression) and wait for the imminent result.

One a general note.. the player who placed first with that Nurgle list must be a GREAt tactician or several units I thought were ad/extremely points inefficient are the opposite because I cant re-call any Nurgle list that has sniffed the top of competetive events using Lord of afflictions and nurglings.   

Sorry, i should have precised that i was speaking about the stardrake list.

As the nurgle one, i don't know nurgle well enough to speak about it. But it seems very solid and fine. Lord of affliction can be hard to remove and is very mobile, he is perfect to charge a big blob on the corner and tie it down without any rosk of being killed. The nurgling are useful to capture and hold a objective far away from the (somewhat slow) army, nd thei ability to full regen wound if not killed mean the ennemy can't kill them little by little, and you don't want to see 30 plaguebearers, 5 blightking or 6 drones running away to capture a objective.

1 hour ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

One a general note.. the player who placed first with that Nurgle list must be a GREAT tactician or several units I thought were bad/extremely points inefficient are the opposite because I cant re-call any Nurgle list that has sniffed the top of competetive events using Lord of afflictions and nurglings.   

That was Martin Morrin who's part of WHTV (I believe he's Ceri's manager), so in fairness likely gets a lot more practice games in than most of us :)

10 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Does Orruks relate to Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz do you know?

Also, what's a "Goblin" haha! ;) 

Looking forward to your report @Nico, great result.

I don’t know sorry Chris. Ceri posted the spreadsheet pic on Twitter, so you’d have to ask the Warhammer world team...

11 hours ago, Hystarion said:

I don't get why they don't write down allegiances on the results sheet like they did before. Why this new trend ? It was the same at Adepticon...

Agreed. I find it really annoying. Hard to get much from looking at the results.

11 hours ago, Antipodean7 said:

I don’t know sorry Chris. Ceri posted the spreadsheet pic on Twitter, so you’d have to ask the Warhammer world team...

Goblins GW? Come on!!! We haven't had Goblins in Warhammer for three years! Haha :P 

Real shame they didn't consider it worth differentiating between the different flavours of Orruk as well.

6 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

At heat one they had all the allegiances listed I’m not sure why they couldn’t be bothered this time? Will make the bad dice rankings a bit difficult as well.

I suspect John didn't have his usual team with him when running the event or may have been short staffed. Guessing they were more interested in getting the scores done correctly than sorting this bit out and whilst it's annoying for us to analyse the event after it's happened, it's not something you would be bothered about on the day

33 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I suspect John didn't have his usual team with him when running the event or may have been short staffed. Guessing they were more interested in getting the scores done correctly than sorting this bit out and whilst it's annoying for us to analyse the event after it's happened, it's not something you would be bothered about on the day

Disagree. You sort the scores after each round in preparation for the next one. After that you have time whilst games are being played to update your spread sheet with this sort of information and as a TO myself, I consider it extremely important.

8 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Disagree. You sort the scores after each round in preparation for the next one. After that you have time whilst games are being played to update your spread sheet with this sort of information and as a TO myself, I consider it extremely important.

I was only guessing why it wasn't done! ;) 

But if it was somebody who wasn't experienced with it or with Age of Sigmar, they may not know this. I can only imagine if it was something I had to do and I think I would struggle with a 100+ player event (well any event too be honest!). Sure they will take it on board for next event

On 4/16/2018 at 5:53 PM, Malakree said:

Any idea where the top destro finished, was nicky still playing wanderers?

Nicky played Kunnin Rukk.  If I was a gambling man I'd guess he was top Destro at 27, but I obviously can't say for sure.

Nicky didn't take the Bloodtoofs (so he wasn't one drop), he took a BWV and a likely Triumph instead this time. 

There were 3x Maniak Weirdnobs in the list, so I'm thinking the Balewind was used to give a hero phase push, then a 20" range on the reroll 1s buffing all three blocks of Arrow Boys simultaneously (using the other two casters for Brutal Beast Spirits and Hand of Gork).

Archived