Beastclaw Raiders 1500

Mjolnertf

Hello everyone, that you think is ready for a tournament that I have soon, the unit of Mourfang could divide it and make two, the magic objects I still have them in test 

Allegiance: Beastclaw Raiders

Leaders
Frostlord on Thundertusk (460)
- General

Battleline
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers
- Beastclaw Raiders Battleline
Thundertusk Beastriders (360)
Thundertusk Beastriders (360)

Total: 1500 / 1500
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 61

Hahaha looks good to me. I mean, post Stonehorn nerf I think Thundertusks are BCR's most powerful option. So it's s 1500 point list and you're VERY low model count even in an already low model count faction. I'm sure you're already aware, but you're going to have to be very careful with your models and what fights you chose to take. On the bright side, 18 Mortal Wounds on a 2+ every turn means you can pretty much surgically remove almost anything that can actually threaten your Thundertusks turn 1 :P

1500 points at my meta means most people bring 1 sort of deathstar unit, maybe 2 if its SCE or Skyfires. Don't know what you were planning on running Artifact wise but I'd recommend the healing cloak. Think the Huskard on Thundertusk can already heal itself, "Blizzard Speaker" or something like that is the name of the ability.

Leaders
Huskard on Thundertusk (380)
- Blood Vulture
- Artefact: The Pelt of Charngar 
- Blood Vulture
- Blood Vulture
Icebrow Hunter (140)
- General

Battleline
2 x Frost Sabres (40)
2 x Frost Sabres (40)
2 x Frost Sabres (40)

Total: 1400 / 1500
Wounds: 55

20 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Leaders
- Blood Vulture
- Artefact: The Pelt of Charngar 
- Blood Vulture
- Blood Vulture
Icebrow Hunter (140)
- General

Battleline
2 x Frost Sabres (40)
2 x Frost Sabres (40)
2 x Frost Sabres (40)

Total: 1400 / 1500
Wounds: 55

Hahaha nice! Yeah this could totally work too. Certainly puts more bodies on the table. Did you pick Huskards for the Blood Vultures? I don't know where else you'd spend those 40 points so it seems like the difference between Beast Riders and Huskards is negligible. Or is it more consistent healing? 

2 hours ago, Scrags said:

Or is it more consistent healing? 

The heal, you're thundertusks are so vulnerable to being dropped a bracket that the heal makes a huge difference. It's why the huskards outperform even Frostlords for the thundertusk. If you can grab a heal to go back under 3 wounds you go D6 to 6 which huge.

The blood cultures are just there because the other two options suck ass.

Finally the 20 point increase gets you +1 bravery which is nice against things like terrorgeihsts.

Archived