I played my first 2k game with my brother yesterday. I did a little bit of prep but it still took about 2 hours just fiddling and setting things up. Mostly my own fault though since I took bits and pieces from various mods that I liked and bundled them in to one. Once we got started, the game took 3 hours almost exactly, with us calling it at the bottom of round 3. I was playing a new army (OBR), but he was playing one he was familiar with, so your mileage may vary!

1 hour ago, Skipsalajan said:

there is an obr army? i missed that

At the bottom right of p1 of the AOS Armies folder

This is pretty ingenious! Thanks for taking the time to do the installer and guide meermouse.

Might be tempted to keep it for small games to minimise the admin, but it's very flexible. Its not gonna take 20 minutes to get your damn pink horrors out for one thing, and they even fall from the sky in a vaguely thematic way

Folks, remember to order any models you use in this simulation from your friendly local still-doing-mail-order games store IRL!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@Nart@Boltecillo I'm sad that nobody answered this! There is an AOS TTS Discord. I've been using this one: https://disboard.org/server/252942749827989505

I just started with TTS AOS last week and it's really quite excellent. It would be awesome if we could get more people from the community up and running! For $20 it's really a great investment and has allowed me to experiment with some ideas that I've been itching to try since lockdown started.

I found the program intimidating at first but it's really quite simple. There are downloadable tables that have everything you need from terrain, terrain ability randomizers, randomizable realm of battle, dice, counters, all the new battleplans (and the ability to select them randomly with the objectives automatically placed) etc. etc.

If you want to do super super precise movement it's more awkward than in person but aside from that I think it's actually quicker and easier.

EDIT: I'm told that https://discord.gg/6QBGTF is also popular.

Edited by swarmofseals
  • Like 1