Hi !

I've recently discovered that you can play Age of Sigmar online ! I'm really excited about this because I'm don't have a time schedule that's fit with my local gameclub AoS games. It all in tabletop simulator, a sandbox game focus on boardgames which you can buy on Steam. The game have a huge modders community who make tons of mods. In thoses, I have found all AoS armies and several 6'x4' maps for a nice little game. I know, this is not like a real game with our models but, seriously, that game do a great job ! I've played two games with a friend, one  at 1000pts and the other at 2000pts, and we were really satisfied of our games. 

SO

I was wondering if any of you will be down to play somes games on it ?

We can connect on Discord, introduce ourself and have a great time on tabletop !

What do you think about it ?

Let me know if you want more informations or if you have any questions ! And by the way, its the perfect thing to use for playtests some armies and lists before get the models you don't have (I don't like proxy models in my games).

Cheers !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thundercake said:

Are the armies prebuilt or can you add whatever units you want to? Sorry, I don't know how the pieces part of the simulator works.

The armies are all prebuild directly on the steamworkshop. I'll explain the whole game :

So,

For the gameplay, the game is a "sandbox" so the controls are designed to reproduce a realism at the level of manipulation. I mean that when you play a game, Tabletop simulator is like playing in real life but with your mouse and keyboard. So, at first is a little hard on the manip but after two games, I'm personally very skilled. The games are faster once you mastered the controls (especially if one plays an army with many models) and one is not mistaken for the measurements. Speaking of that, they have a tool built into the controls to measure distances. We simply draw a line and we have, in real time, the measurement of the line in inches. In addition, you can create many items in the game to facilitate actions. For example: a big wooden box that automatically calculates the dice results when thrown in or a ruler in inches for moves.

Here is a battle report of a game on Tabletop simulator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnQURx6j3k0

To acquire the armies, it is necessary to browse the mods available for this game. On Steam, each game that can have mods has a "steamworkshop" section. This section brings together all community mods for the community. We can find there all the armies of AoS and 40k. For AoS the majority of the armies are done in 2D whereas for 40k we find 3D models extremely detailed ... The quality goes with the popularity I must believe .. It also includes 6'x4 'maps for playing our games.

Here is the link for the game:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/Tabletop_Simulator/

And the link for the workshop containing all the mods, so there's the place where you'll find your army :

https://steamcommunity.com/app/286160/workshop/

Once in Tabletop simulator with the mods added, we create a game, we load the mods and we register the units in our objects. That way, we can add them to our future games. After all that, if you are interested and you buy the game, let me know! We can connect to a voice chat, introduce ourself and we can do a little game  for learn the basic manipulations :). In addition, as I mentioned, the game is a "must" because in addition to being able to play AoS and 40k, you can find almost all existing boardgames on the planet! So this is an ideal platform to test games to see if they are worth the trouble we add them to our collection :)!

There's a little video I just made for you all to make this all clear. My first language is french so I'm terribly sorry for the bad speaking and the nasty accent :).

If you want a more detailed video on the manipulations, stand up and tell me, I'll do one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kz7RmVUCqUjiiytqnxxfbitXGFvBjALk/view?usp=sharing

This is another one, maybe more clear than the first but with potato quality:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x8d-Se9BefQcq-epyM6Dd0GHh4K7zd5d

Edited by Cedricisme
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Cedricisme said:

Great :D ! You can write me in private soon as you have the game and ready to try it out ;)

I will :) I'll try to get ahold of it sometime next week. 

How does it handle hordes? I play skaven, so my model count quickly goes above 200.

And what about terrain? Is it all flat, or?

Edited by Mayple

On 13/04/2018 at 7:49 AM, Mayple said:

I will :) I'll try to get ahold of it sometime next week. 

How does it handle hordes? I play skaven, so my model count quickly goes above 200.

And what about terrain? Is it all flat, or?

For hordes it's a little bit tricky but I handled it nicely after my first two games (I play Free people). The hard part is when you'll have to move an entire unit into a scenery. You'll have to go one by one in those situation. 

For the terrain, it's situational. Somes maps are flat, somes have hills... You can also add your "touches personnelles"  in the maps by adding terrain you will choose. I have made a pretty nice maps with hills, forest, ruins and sanctuary places. It's look really nice and its easy to move your units throught. You can also find tons of maps in the steamworkshop. But beware, somes doesnt have the exact size of a standard Warhammer map (6'x4'). 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/10/2018 at 10:49 PM, Cedricisme said:

Hi !

I've recently discovered that you can play Age of Sigmar online ! I'm really excited about this because I'm don't have a time schedule that's fit with my local gameclub AoS games. It all in tabletop simulator, a sandbox game focus on boardgames which you can buy on Steam. The game have a huge modders community who make tons of mods. In thoses, I have found all AoS armies and several 6'x4' maps for a nice little game. I know, this is not like a real game with our models but, seriously, that game do a great job ! I've played two games with a friend, one  at 1000pts and the other at 2000pts, and we were really satisfied of our games. 

SO

I was wondering if any of you will be down to play somes games on it ?

We can connect on Discord, introduce ourself and have a great time on tabletop !

What do you think about it ?

Let me know if you want more informations or if you have any questions ! And by the way, its the perfect thing to use for playtests some armies and lists before get the models you don't have (I don't like proxy models in my games).

Cheers !

Salut,

Je serais interessé d'esseyer age of sigmar sur tabletop simulator. J'ai pas beaucoup d'expérience avec le jeu par contre. Si tu serais d'accord de jouer et de m'initier ajoute mon discord : Lorenzo#7174

Merci

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly not too sure, some of these workshop mods have been up for years. I have to say that TTS has single-handedly reignited my love for the game during this pandemic. I was really bummed about painting or buying anything since I wouldn't be able to use it for who knows how long, but now I can playtest and theoryhammer every possible army in the game. Building up my buy list now and excitedly looking forward to when things go back to normal! Strongly recommend everyone tries it out.

+++ Mod Hat On +++
As far as I’m aware, the mods that Tabletop Simulator use are okay but please don’t let this thread descend into what is and isn’t legal.
+++ Mod Hat Off +++

Okay, I’ve had a bit of a play with this and followed the guide @meermouse posted and it’s good. It takes a bit of getting used to but I think this is a great way of getting games in during this time. It will no way replace playing the game with actual models but for when you can’t be with anybody, it’s good.  

• Like 1