Choosing keys to take.does it matter which?

Velvetelvis

I think certain keys have been preferred simply because there have been matching Tactical Superiority/Genius cards for certain objective numbers up until now. With this weekends releases that will no longer be the case so just take whatever keys match your other objectives. 

I dont think you have to take all the keys if you don't want, unless you're going all in for objectives.  I have thought about trying a key or two in combat oriented decks that don't bother with objectives. Even if you're combat focused you're likely going to be near or on an objective or two anyway, especially the Dwarves  

As you said, if you have some "Hold X" or "Tactical A to B" cards, then sure, you know which keys would best fit your deck.

Otherwise, I think my favorite order would be as follows: Formless(Any), 5, 1/2/4, 3.

1. The Formless Key. Sure it's only 1 GP, but you're not tied to any objective.
  2. The Fractured Key / Key 5. There is no Tactical Superiority card that requires you to hold objective 5, which means it's the one objective least likely to be sought after...
  3. Keys 1, 2 or 4. Both Tactical Superiority cards require that the warband hold objective 3, making it the one your opponent is most likely to want to hold.
  4. The Blazing Key / Key 3. See above.

Archived