Return of the Agloraxi

Following on from the Katophranes thread that was raised on here.  This one is not a theory, but a wish.

In the lore from the Firestorm campaign, the Agloraxi were an ancient (and extinct) faction who were basically a society of physically-feeble but immensely powerful wizards, who had a serf class at their beck and call, and gigantic animated golems to do their krumpin'.

From memory in the Firestorm campaign itself, you are able to harness the relics of their weaponry to reassemble.

I think this would be the basis of an awesome army and model range, if they could conceive of a thematic way to bring them back (IIRC, Khorne himself punched them into oblivion). 

You have the heroes sorted, and the conscripts for bodies, plus the big centrepiece models. 

With their technology you could have weapons teams firing smaller-scale weapons that harness solar / elemental fire energy.  The aesthetic would be an AOS twist on sun priests / Mysterious Cities of Gold - I think GW could come up with something amazing and with a truly unique AOS feel.

What's everyone's thoughts?  

Would you like to see this army, and if so what would you like to see in there?

Is there a reasonable way you can see for them still to exist / exist again (in terms of the lore)?

3 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

In the lore from the Firestorm campaign, the Agloraxi were an ancient (and extinct) faction who were basically a society of physically-feeble but immensely powerful wizards, who had a serf class at their beck and call, and gigantic animated golems to do their krumpin'.

Sounds awesome.  I’d love to see some goloms and assorted elementals too!

Do you imagine the returning  Agloraxi as a faction who appear as their power is ascending, like Deepkin or Kharadron Overlords, or decending into oblivion, like Starwars Jedi?

Forgive me, I’ve never seen Firestorm, so could you fill me in?  What race are the Agloraxi?  Humans?  How about serf caste? 

Is there a dynamic similar to that between the Slaan and Lizardmen back in Lusteria?  I preferred the old lore from before the Seraphon became  good daemons.

I think there is a lot of potential in what GW could do with human factions. In fact, by focusing on stormies, duardin, aelves and  chaos humans so far i imagine they have some crazy plans for humans in the pipeline, whether theyre realm specific or even weirder like Death or Destruction factions. There are a lot of possibilities!

14 hours ago, CyderPirate said:

There was some timey-wimey shenanigans during the Malign Portents campaign, based around the Firestorm Plateau. Might be relevant for an Agloraxi return...

https://malignportents.com/campaign-narrative/#group-7

Yeah that could make sense. 

You'd also need some reason for Khorne not to swat them away again, although that does bear true of the whole AOS setting really - the laws for Gods interacting directly with the Mortal Realms haven't been made clear at all.  

In the book it did say something along the lines of "it is even believed by many that" rather than directly coming out and saying Khorne personally obliterated them.  So they could do a minor retcon there. 

That was one thing that jarred in the lore for me - if Khorne can just punch a civilisation out of existence, what is the point in the battles we are having?

Archived