Shadespire Card Purchase

mDaro

I assume you're not familiar with similar collectible games (like X-Wing) or Living Card Games, if you find Shadespire to be expensive. Considering you can't need more than a single copy of each expansion, it's little to pay when you compare with the alternatives...

Still, I can understand you not wanting to pay for the other minis, but as others have said, if you don't feel like going through eBay you'll most likely never (I can't say definitely, even if I believe it is) find what you're looking sold directly by GW.

This is what keeps me from delving further into Shadespire.

Especially as I got the feeling that they will speed up their release schedule in the near future...

... and I already have to buy the last 4-6 bands. (had to pause after the initial release due to lack of local players and stuff)

On top of that, the powerlevel of cards seems to be ever increasing, making newer warbands even more mandatory than they already are.

14 hours ago, mDaro said:

Is there no way to purchase the cards separately? I have no desire at all to play the orc or undead faction but I want the universal cards from their boxset.

Keep your eye out on forums or eBay but too be honest, as the sets are under £15 (depending where you go), it's fairly cheap in comparison to other similar games. Even if you don't want the models, you can probably sell them quite cheaply afterwards to recoup some of your costs.

7 hours ago, Xasz said:

This is what keeps me from delving further into Shadespire.

Especially as I got the feeling that they will speed up their release schedule in the near future...

... and I already have to buy the last 4-6 bands. (had to pause after the initial release due to lack of local players and stuff)

I think this is the main thing that is stopping people but it seems quite strong in my area, I just don't get the time to play!

7 hours ago, Goblin-King said:

Some (like me) also like to have several decks ready to play. Needing to buy several complete warbands to get just a few cards is really a hassle.

Considering how most games built around this kind of business model are far worse, I don't see Games Workshop's here as bad at all. Sure it blows buying a second set of Dwarfs just to get a second copy of Earthquake (if that's your kinda thing), but at least be thankful you don't have to buy two (or 3+) just to complete ONE competitive deck...

Currently, the one thing putting me off on Shadespire is the actual wording. I couldn't really expect better from Games Workshop, but considering how they pretend the game is aimed at a competitive crowd, their rules writters have been abhorent so far...

Archived