Season of War Website is now live

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, polarbear said:

I'm definitely all for fluff advancement and engagement of customers, promoting the hobby and all that. I just don't identify with the guy who wakes up in the morning with a clenched fist like man we gotta win this campaign by hook or by crook. :P 

Ha, true no matter the outcome I suspect all the factions with have some spot light in the fluff. 

2 minutes ago, James McPherson said:

The same GW rep said it would affect releases in the future as well which is kinda cool

I can understand what you mean, I can see chaos losing causing Archaon to put all his might into finding slaanesh since he is not fighting with the full might of chaos behind him. Or nagash conjuring up some new undead or something or upgrading the current ones. 

16 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

I've been trying to crack open the data, but no luck so far.  The designers of this site were really thorough.  They're using something to transport the data, but it's not coming up in the console directly.

They're using websockets to handle the data rather than a long JSON poll :)

So this is the data from one of the socket calls.  88 games for one city so far.  I'll see if I can figure out which is which.

"{"msg":"changed","collection":"regionResults","id":"pEP6czLiYrScbLt5H","fields":{"results":[{"_id":"dWTeH269pxeewfZHx","score":35},{"_id":"YdSTpKNto73rzRCRD","score":28},{"_id":"wTF4PcEYkrZuuvoEw","score":14},{"_id":"r4QBpxq3Tg29Pqx8X","score":11}]}}"

13 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Nice ;)  Wonder if/how they're factoring in the painted unit results?

From what I understand, they add in a point for a (newly) painted warscroll. So exactly the same.

The GW rep said he's going to finish painting up a warscroll or two in the next week or make up for his loss on Wednesday.

Some there is some other stuff going on behind the scenes here.  

The counts I provided earlier are counts of stores in that region based on what faction is winning that store overall.  I found one store that concerns me a little:

6S2Hit22, Bread Street, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9AF

This store lists 108 wins for order, 2 for chaos, and 1 for death.  It seems like a really obscenely high amount for order.  Fortunately GW's system seems to be well thought out as it keeps anomalies like this from polluting the whole pool and let's local players fight hard for their store.

9 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

Warhammer World has only 18 reported wins so someone needs to go smack 6s2hit around a little.  Anyone know of some really busy stores?

Swindon seems to have put in a few but not sure on numbers.  Pretty decent balance appearing

19 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

Forum ate my last post.  These are the numbers so far:

Phoenicium	Grey Water	Living City
Chaos		37		33		28
Death		24		28		11
Destruction	16		28		14
Order		61		74		35

Ah this is really interesting, hmm Does look like order is overwhelming!

On July 15, 2016 at 3:24 PM, daedalus81 said:

Some there is some other stuff going on behind the scenes here.  

The counts I provided earlier are counts of stores in that region based on what faction is winning that store overall.  I found one store that concerns me a little:

6S2Hit22, Bread Street, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9AF

This store lists 108 wins for order, 2 for chaos, and 1 for death.  It seems like a really obscenely high amount for order.  Fortunately GW's system seems to be well thought out as it keeps anomalies like this from polluting the whole pool and let's local players fight hard for their store.

Thinking the final tally is based on the store results, not the number of games played there

4 hours ago, SuperHappyTime said:

Thinking the final tally is based on the store results, not the number of games played there

Correct - players win a store and that store counts as a point towards the overall values.  It's a little annoying to see someone clearly try to cheat the system, but fortunately it won't be abused so easily.

On 7/14/2016 at 11:39 PM, James McPherson said:

The same GW rep said it would affect releases in the future as well which is kinda cool

Ah I see, so the lesser factions do have a chance of winning over the month. So in other words order better keep in control or it could slip away. 

Archived