Events UK: BLACKOUT - Firestorm Games - 4&5th August - Pack released

Chris Tomlin

49 minutes ago, ianob said:

Any chance of a rules pack ASAP for this?  Not long now to be choosing and painting armies without knowing what rukesnyoure using/not using! Cheers

Clearly this is something I am working on as per my above messages! 9_9

As previously advised, I want to run an event that is in keeping with how the new edition has been designed to be played (even at a tournament level), so this event will include Realm Rules!!

The pack will announce which 5 realms will be used over the weekend as well as the specific realmscapes in use. This should allow us to see how these work for events (which is important imo), whilst also reducing the amount of reading/planning required for you, the players.

Things like realm artefacts, endless spells etc I'm sure will just be considered a staple part of the game anyway and will of course be in use.

You can expect to play any of the 18 matched play scenarios and armies will be 2,000 points. I think that is the gist of it, but check back this evening for the full pack.

Many thanks for all of your patience...I know you all want to paint your armies and whatnot, but trust me, this is more of a headache for me that it is for you!! :P

Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Thanks Chris! 

Any idea what time we need to arrive on Friday for shadespire? I trying to book time off work now! 

You have just beaten me to it re Shadespire!

To participate in Shadespire, you need to follow this link and sign up, your name will then be on the roster to play. This is a free event being run by Firestorm with full GW prize support as per the link. I will also be adding trophies for Best Warband and Best Opponent.

https://www.thebattlefields.co.uk/events-at-the-battlefields/warhammer-underworlds-shadespire-q1-store-championship

You need to arrive by 5.30pm for registration and the first round starts at 6pm. All the details for the event can be found the above link.

It'd be really good to pack this out as well...and then straight on to Metros!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

You need to arrive by 5.30pm for registration and the first round starts at 6pm. All the details for the event can be found the above link.

It'd be really good to pack this out as well...and then straight on to Metros!

Will have to pass on the Friday shenanigans again sadly - won't be leaving Chippenham until after 6pm again as brother is working on the Friday!

Good to see a rules pack rather not be in the realms but I guess at least you have kept it fairly tame and cut the just plain stupid stuff did not expect to avoid them all season. 

Worried about no mention of command points stacking if GW don't stop them all before this (or never do) are you going to allow it? 

9 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Great pack @Chris Tomlin glad to see your leading the way again with how the game should be played.  The add on rules are fun and for armies without fancy new books extra spells and command abilities are a welcome addition! 

I did notice a mistake in the pack though I think you meant to write “impenetrable gloom” for the Ulgu Realmscape! I didn’t want to point it out because it’s a really ,really, really “cough” nasty pain for Ironjawz armies but thought I’d be remiss not to point it out... ??

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ianob said:

Any comp for command point stacking and other common issues yet to be FAQ’d planned in lieu of a GW faq before the event?

10 hours ago, JustPlay-Ritchie said:

Good to see a rules pack rather not be in the realms but I guess at least you have kept it fairly tame and cut the just plain stupid stuff did not expect to avoid them all season. 

Worried about no mention of command points stacking if GW don't stop them all before this (or never do) are you going to allow it? 

You two are very panicky indeed! ;) 

I am reliably informed there is a GW FAQ to come imminently. As per the pack, all GW FAQs will be in place.

9 hours ago, MrCharisma said:

Great pack Chris. I'm going to check out how the realm rules you've selected and potentially incorporate them in Sydney GT.

Love that you're embracing as much of the rules as possible.

Thanks Anthony. I definitely wanted to include the Realm Rules, but also felt it seemed sensible to manage their impact somewhat - most just to save some time for the players and allow people to plan/prepare better.

Let me know how you get on with them at Sydney GT.

3 hours ago, Sangfroid said:

Great pack @Chris Tomlin glad to see your leading the way again with how the game should be played.  The add on rules are fun and for armies without fancy new books extra spells and command abilities are a welcome addition! 

I did notice a mistake in the pack though I think you meant to write “impenetrable gloom” for the Ulgu Realmscape! I didn’t want to point it out because it’s a really ,really, really “cough” nasty pain for Ironjawz armies but thought I’d be remiss not to point it out... ??

Hahaha!! Genuinely made me laugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, JustPlay-Ritchie said:

Certainly concerned and would love to know if it will be allowed no matter what GW do ?

Let's just wait for the FAQ before worrying whether the sky is falling shall we?

GW are well aware of the issues brought to light from the Six Nations and I think we can show a little faith in them at this time.

Hang in there, it'll be ok. We won't be playing with damage 512 Grots (@Donal - your terrible terrible record is likely to be safe!)

This is my last comment on the matter until the FAQ is released.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Morning guys,

It won't be long until I'm doing the draw, so if any of you fancy a grudge, please get them in soon. Currently just the 6;

1 - Matthew Lyons vs Ben Diesel
2  - James Box vs Jonathon Kyprianidis
3 - Chris Lewis vs Tom Hewitt
4 - Matt Arnold vs Elliot O’Neill
5 - Ben Johnson vs Ricky Mee
6 - Will Philpott vs Steve Hursell

On 7/18/2018 at 9:06 AM, Chris Tomlin said:

Let's just wait for the FAQ before worrying whether the sky is falling shall we?

GW are well aware of the issues brought to light from the Six Nations and I think we can show a little faith in them at this time.

Hang in there, it'll be ok. We won't be playing with damage 512 Grots (@Donal - your terrible terrible record is likely to be safe!)

This is my last comment on the matter until the FAQ is released.

I just want one last event to allow it so that i can bring 1 bln damage grots...

Think you're making the right decision to wait for the FAQ. Worst case scenario you can bring some house rules a few days before the event. 

Hi guys,

Just as an addendum to the rules pack, you can still select Warscrolls from the Compendiums (not Legends). These rules can be found here - https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules?_requestid=611873

I will update the pack PDF to add this line over the weekend.

I wouldn't expect to see much world that was stuff still knocking around nowadays, but for those of you who can't let it go, crack on! :P

Chris