Events UK: BLACKOUT - Firestorm Games - 4&5th August - Pack released

Chris Tomlin

Morning all,

We've had a mini boom in ticket sales over the last week (I can't possibly imagine why people are suddenly excited to play AoS haha!), which is absolutely fantastic. One thing I'm particularly pleased about is seeing a bunch of new names, but of course thanks to everyone who is committing to the event. We're gonna have a great weekend in Cardiff!

Up to 83 players now, which beats last years attendance. Still hopeful of seeing even more people getting on board, with the likes of @ChippyRick, @Countmoore & @Nigehelm previously expressing interest.

Don't forget to get your grudges in as well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Morning all,

We've had a mini boom in ticket sales over the last week (I can't possibly imagine why people are suddenly excited to play AoS haha!), which is absolutely fantastic. One thing I'm particularly pleased about is seeing a bunch of new names, but of course thanks to everyone who is committing to the event. We're gonna have a great weekend in Cardiff!

Up to 83 players now, which beats last years attendance. Still hopeful of seeing even more people getting on board, with the likes of @ChippyRick, @Countmoore & @Nigehelm previously expressing interest.

Pennies sent. I’ve given Nige a nudge too

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Morning all,

@ChippyRick consider yourself grudged!

27 minutes ago, Paul Buckler said:

The Goblin tribes of the Molten Lavaswamps are gathering ready to descend upon BLACKOUT. 

Nice! Will this be their first tournament? Makes sense for them to be at FIREstorm I guess!

27 minutes ago, Paul Buckler said:

Really good to see loads of cool names on the list @Chris Tomlin going to be a great event I am sure.  My first summertime Cardiff event

Definitely! You should have perfect weather for plenty of c*ck-out powerslides!

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 12:45 PM, Chris Tomlin said:

Great news Kane!

The list is for paid entrants only, so I'll get you added at the end of the week bro.

Paid ?

Da red legion is gunna bring all our Boyz dis time to Krump you all good

Edited by Hypno
Dis an orruk post now
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

He needs to buy a ticket before you can grudge him haha!! xD

Hopefully this will spur him on.

Also cheers @Countmoore. This is shaping up really nicely. Currently in talks with Firestorm over the Friday evening activities and hope to have an announcement on that soon.

I will get on this mate

12 hours ago, Sangfroid said:

I am happy to just grudge and save you the nail biting if you want Dave, third times a charm as they say ?

It’s probably better if we let fate decide (nothing to do with me needing to get better first! ?)

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Super pleased to say that we are now fully sold out. If you're still interested, get in touch with me and we can add you to a reserve list.

I'll be announcing details of how you can pick up your FREE ticket to the Friday night Shadespire Store Championship that will be taking place as part of BLACKOUT a bit later on this week.

Thanks so much to everyone who has picked up a ticket. It's now time to peruse the entrants list and start picking your grudges for round one (if you wish to do so of course!).

Chris

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, Caffran101 said:

Hi Chris

Sorry to be "that guy".

Have you had any thoughts on whether you will be using the realm rules for the games played at blackout?

I'm giving consideration to everything at the moment and want to get a definitive pack up as soon as possible. However I also don't want to rush into any decisions.

Hopefully I will have some further guidance for you all over the coming days. Apologies for the delay, I know it's not ideal at all...I really thought I'd dodge all the game changing stuff by bringing the event forward this year...it's now 3 years in a row I've run events straight after new rules dropped haha!!

EDIT - Also going to announce details of the FREE Shadespire Store Championships that will be running on the Friday for BLACKOUT attendees. Hopefully a bunch of you will take part in that as well. Great opportunity to pick up some of the awesome GW prize support whilst playing vs friendly AoS regulars.

• Like 2