"AOS 2." - The story of the set

On 04/04/2018 at 3:58 PM, DinoTitanedition said:

@Nubgan I´m pretty sure the title expresses, that it`s about the story here ;) Rules updates, the GHB in particular, frankly I don`t care about as competitive play isn`t my thing.

But a new Starter Box isn`t unrealistic I`d say. The release rythm before was every four years, though with the new setting and the sheer amount of books that were released in such a short period of time, I can see the rythm to be shorter. We already had a smaller Starter Set only one year after the initial release of AoS.

Another factor is, that fluff seems to be kind of hard to get. The armybooks are a way, novels another, but both are (that of course is only my personal opinion) vastly overpriced. After all, we`re talking about hobby stuff, not some technical book that might actually make you advance in your joblife. Some of books that came out at the beginning, Hallowmark, Reamlgate Wars, Fury of Gork, I didn`t even touch. The novels man...their prices have just made so extremely unattractive to touch one of those....but I`m drifting a bit into a rant, so I`ll quickly sum up why I think a new set might be on the horizon and why the story will be more focused there:

Release rythms have shortened, the company wants to make fluff a bit more accessible.

GW are doing a humble bundle at the moment. Pay what you want for a bunch of 40k and aos  black library books. They also have many of their books on Audible, which is £8 for a book a month. If you get a 24 book subscription it works out at about £4 a book. Then you have the free malign portents stories. 27 so far and no end in sight. 

The price problem was definitely an issue early on, but it is getting better all the time. 

Archived