21 year 40K vet chaging things up

cplhicks

Hey guys I've been lurking for a bit but I decided to introduce myself formally.  I've been playing 40K since 2ed and was always a SCI FI fan so I never played Fantasy.   I got hooked on Shadespire the day it came out and have been loving it.  Meanwhile my LGS has really started to grow a really positive and active AOS gaming scene.  A bunch of my buddies were playing and they kept egging me on to start.  After a terrible bout of hobby ADD and indecisiveness I settled on Slaves to Darkness.  I LOVE the Dakoath Warqueen model so I wanted her to lead my army and since her command trait only works on STD it seemed to be a good starting place.   I'm even joining a doubles tournament with a buddy in the near future.  My how things change lol (I'm not a tournament player in the slightest).

I'm looking forward to nerding out with you guys in the future on these boards. 

Howdy! Slaves to Darkness are a good army, but aren't the most competitive unless playing as part of other armies such as Tzeentch or Nurgle. They are, however, still perfectly viable in anything but the most die-hard of tournament scenes. I have won plenty of games with them.

Grab that Start Collecting box, a Darthoath Warqueen, an extra box of Chaos Warriors, a box of Marauder Horsement and a second box of Knights and you've got a very solid foundation to your army. If you want to see them in action, I've been making a Path to Glory campaign using a Slaves to Darkness army on Youtube. Shameless plug, I know, but you'll be able to see how they play:

On 3/29/2018 at 7:16 PM, cplhicks said:

I'm looking forward to nerding out with you guys in the future on these boards. 

Nice! Welcome to the party!  the community here is also positive, one of the best things about it. Also, Slaves to Darkness have been catching my eye lately, super cool army. enjoy the ride!

Thanks for the warm welcomes.  Yup that's pretty much how I am going about building my army.  I was lucky enough to get some old metal Chaos Chosen as well for some rend/mortal wound action.  I also grabbed a Lord on Manticore because I liked the model as well.  I'm not too worried about my army being super competitive.  I'm really model driven and I play in a really chill group so it's not an issue.  I've gotten a few games under my belt now and am starting to learn how the army works.  I also finished painting a block of 30 chaos warriors (note to self BATCHES). 

Archived