Need advice on Nurgle Warband

Harbinger-of-Nurgle

Hey I am trying to come up with a Nurgle Warband which will start at 1000 but can expand to 2k as well. Hoping to have a Harbinger as my general as I am converting a cool looking one mounted on a palanquin any ideas on which artefact and command trait would be best for a harbinger

Hows this his for an idea

harbinger 140

20 plague bearers 200

20 plague bearers 200

soul grinder 280pts

i was thinking plague bearers for super resilient infantry with the grinder as a range/ combat monster. I have 180pts left over but want to include some sort of armoured warrior but am stuck between  10 chaos warriors (unsure about best load out whether great weapons or halberds) 5 blight kings or 5 chosen any advice???

Looks cool. I might lean to something that can hit harder for your remaining points. The plague bearers are good objective holders/tarpits but don't dish out a lot of damage. Chaos Warriors also seem better on defence than offence, so perhaps blight kings or chosen.

Agree with @polarbear, my brother has found that plaguebearers and plague toads are great at holding things but dish out very little damage.  I'd personally look at adding in some Nurglings as they're even more difficult to get off the table and have a chance of throwing out the odd mortal wound.  A Soul Grinder is be quite a nice addition - at 1k I would concerned that it's a big target with only a "normal" save.

If you want to stick to a Daemon army then Plague Drones would be a good addition (14" ranged attack on them) and equally as resilient as other Nurgle Daemons.  If you want to go mortal then I'd go Blight Kings as they hit a lot harder than Chaos Warriors and look ace :)

If you've access to the Grand Alliance: Chaos book, have a look at some of the other Rotbringer units.  The chap who generates Nurglings in every hero phase could be a good addition :)

Archived