The Black Sunz - Ironjawz - Update 28/02 - PICS! Whole new army painted!!

Chris Tomlin

55 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

See you tomorrow ;) 

See you tomorrow mate!

7 minutes ago, Nico said:

5 wounds worth, but single models can never score, so really bad for heroes, monsters and Dracoth Knights, Archai, Varanguard etc..

It's been months since I played under this pack. Will read it later to refresh myself. Believe its number of wounds on starting profile than wounds left.

Also, you could've stopped at this;

16 minutes ago, Nico said:

so really bad

Soooo.....I've been at it again in the run up to a Tournament...

After staying up until 3am on Wednesday night, I was painting until gone 4am last night! After 3 hours sleep I'm at my desk at work feeling a little delirious and typing like a spesh. However, I did get everything finished. I think it'll all ok...but who knows, things get a little crazy at that time of the morning.

Finish at 12.30pm, straight back home and then getting picked up by @Cowboy Boots Matt to head off to Cardiff for Clash of Swords!! Woooooo!!

I'll stick the rubbish pics I put on Twitter in this thread shortly.

I did get to lay out all 30 painted Brutes before hitting the sack and man, it looks super cool!!

• Like 2

Cheers guys,

Back at work after another tournament weekend feeling awful! Can barely speak (Fri and Sat nights spent predominately in Metros!) which is super fun. Urghhh. Good social side to the event but the games were less impressive.

Clash comp was huge for AoS in the early days and we may not be where we are now without it, however it has had its day IMO and since playing General's Handbook battleplans I did not enjoy the return to the Clash ones this past weekend. I was so excited about my new list beforehand, but honestly don't feel like I got to try it out properly or that I am able to judge it off the back of those games. A few proper rough draws throughout the event as well was tough. Still, these will all be covered here in good time so you can find out more. So yeh, a very disappointing 22/48 finish. From a Destruction point of view, congrats to @Donal for taking Best Destruction and also a 3rd place to boot. He has a topic in this forum so we can hear about his Beastclaw adventures there.

It was great however to pick up some more silverware in the form of 3rd Best Painted and Best Painted Destruction. The field was fantastic from a painting sense so I am really pleased with that, thanks to anyone who voted. It also strikes me that I really really need to good photos taken as the amount of people who say to me the army looks so much better in person is crazy haha.

I took a bunch of the army last week for @HobbyHammer & @The Stronghold - but I'm just not happy with them. I'm really proud of this army so am going to look into some other options. Putting out more rubbish pics for the sakes of it doesn't seem worthwhile.

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:05 PM, cb_rex said:

That Warchanter conversion looks super cool now he's painted, he looked a bit weird before when he was grey plastic, maybe the angle of the photo or something, but he's turned out great. 

Cheers man, yeh he does look a little odd from a couple of angles tbh. Overall though I am happy. Think he needs a bit of work on the stikks where I've washed the tops.

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:55 PM, Dez said:

Looking good! I have a bunch more Brutes to build and also have 40K Orks, should be fun doing some head swaps, I kinda wish I had done it earlier after having 15 already built.

Thanks Dez. Well tbh it's good to have some stock builds as then the variety comes through when you start doing head swaps.

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:15 PM, Aaron Schmidt said:

These dogs are looking great. I especially like the glowing on the Warchanter. I imagine all together as an army they look fantastic. What is your collection total now?!?  I realized I have 20 Brutes last night which is 5 more than I thought I had. Booze and Ebay is a heck of a thing. 

Cheers bro! Yeh the glowing effect came out pretty well. Happy with that. Laying the fully painted army out at the weekend was really rewarding tbh, the sheer amount of Brutes I have all painted to the same standard looks super cool and imposing.

• Krunk
  • Cabbage
  • Ardnob
  • 2 Warchanters
  • 30 Brutes
  • 10 Ardboyz
  • 3 Gore-gruntas

Is what I have painted at present.

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:37 AM, Soulsmith said:

They look ace dude. Whilst I personally would not use the really 40k-ey helmets, they wrk for your theme and scheme. Really want some nob backpoles now, they look awesome.

Thanks man, yeh I do think they work ok for my army. There is one in that unit I'm not entirely sure on tbh, but its ok. Once I add some more industrial elements it should all tie in a bit better.

Cheers for all the posts, comments and feedback guys. Keeps me motivated for sure.

Chris

Edited by Chris Tomlin
  • Like 5

Good morning Megabosses!

Been a bit of a slow week for me on the posting front. Busy at work and not feeling very well, not a great combination. That said, having cancelled my plans for this evening there is a chance I can lay in bed for a couple of hours and try to catch up on some reports. Keen to bring this up to order.

It's unlikely I'll play any more Tournament games this year with the Ironjawz, however I am in an escalation campaign and want to cover that as well.

As previously mentioned about 3430410 times, I am trying to get some good photos for both @HobbyHammer & @The Stronghold and am hoping to do so on Sunday if the daylight is good. I spent ages the other day snapping loads of pics but they are all a bit rubbish. I'm really proud of the army and want it to be shown off in the best possible light.

I have attached some photos of my Gore-gruntas as these pics were the best of a bad bunch. Anyone who's seen them in the flesh will (hopefully) attest these do look better than depicted here, but still, I thought you guys deserved something.

Happy Friday squealers!!

IMG_8441.JPG

IMG_8442.JPG

IMG_8443.JPG

IMG_8444.JPG

Edited by Chris Tomlin
  • Like 10

46 minutes ago, N_Watson said:

@Chris Tomlin

Absolutely stunning. Hope you are still running your ironjawz next year when I get a chance to go to some of the southern tournament so that I can see them in the flesh. I'm just about to start painting my gore gruntas myself so these are truly inspiring.  

Cheers bro, thanks a lot! Yeh they will be out and about for the foreseeable future, they are my pride and joy! :D 

Good luck with yours. I need to assemble 3 more for our campaign actually.

I really want to start a FEC arm, I love the models and the fluff. SO many times I almost bought Crypt Ghouls just to have them! I'm trying hard to stick with what I have atm, at least for this year :)

Wisconsin, eh? Long drive from Massachusetts for me :)

40 minutes ago, Dez said:

I really want to start a FEC arm, I love the models and the fluff. SO many times I almost bought Crypt Ghouls just to have them! I'm trying hard to stick with what I have atm, at least for this year :)

Wisconsin, eh? Long drive from Massachusetts for me :)

Yeh man, they are the one AoS army I've really got into the fluff for. My army is very theme/stylised. They are very very strong army in the game as well. My list for RAW is a bit rubbish as it's meant to be a narrative event (not convinced everyone got the memo mind!) but at some point next year I might try a more competitive build.

Long drive from Massachusetts? Try the south coast of the UK! ;) 

30 minutes ago, grunnlock said:

Your army looks amazing! Loving the dark armour, contrasted with the pink warpaints.

Thanks man, that's super kind. Glad you like them :) 

• Like 1

Sorry missed these...

1 hour ago, Nico said:

The Ironjawz are crossin da Seaz!

Yeh man! Not sure I'll be able to get the cabbage in a case due to the rider, but the rest will go. I'm not playing in any AoS events as it's all smaller one day things this year, but will be looking for some open gaming. If any one from here is going and wants a game, get in touch!

Playing a narrative Saga event on the Sunday, but that's all I've booked in for. Never played Saga or read the rules...just fancied making and painting a Mongol Horde!

46 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Tasty lookin piggys!

Cheers bro! :D 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Beardbattered said:

The piggies are looking great @Chris Tomlin!  If only they played as well as they look , right? 

Thanks man...and yeh, right! Urgh, it's painful.

25 minutes ago, Beardbattered said:

Glad to hear you're coming to paca next year .  I haven't attended in years , but it's my hometown , so I'm going  to try to make it.  With my BCR/guts. 

Awesome, will be great to catch up with another TGA Destruction player! Are you signed up for many of the events? I'd love a game vs Beastclaw if we get the time.

This will be my 3rd time at Paca having been in 2014 and 2015. I expect this year will be a slightly different experience given the lack of a large two day Warhammer event, but should be awesome regardless.

8 minutes ago, tolstedt said:

I'll try to go to Waupaca with Ironjawz for match play on Sunday.

It will be good to return to central Wisconsin where I grew up and play a tournament for the first time since 2002.

Nice, I was tempted by the matched play on Sunday myself.

Edited by Chris Tomlin