Tokens and markers

There seem to be loads of digger entry AoS markers and tokens on sale. 

I wonder if anyone had any experience with them and whether they are actually useful? I definitely need a better way to count wounds.

Types I've seen are Litko, Bendyboards and cogotwo.com.

I like the Litko ones as they do a wound dial but they are very expensive to get sent to UK so was wondering if anyone had actually seen or used the wound dials?

I have made a few sets that I posted on my blog, they're 1" rounds, and I have a video there on how to punch them out and adhere them to the inexpensive plastic "bottlecap" stickers for durability... I have some more on the way, for Ghal Mharaz attacks and some other items.

AoS%20Markers%201%20.png

AoS%20Markers%202%20.png

AoS%20Markers%203%20.png

Attached is the zip file with everything in it. 

The link to the blog post is http://billsravingrant.blogspot.com/2016/03/more-age-of-sigmar-markers-free.html

AoS Markers.zip

Wouldn't it be more efficient (less overall markers needed) to have "+1", "-1", "reroll" markers and then separate "hit", "wound", "save"? Not too tricky to stick two markers next to a unit and gives them more utility. Could make them 2 sided (+/-1, hit/wound) as well.

6 hours ago, Ratamaplata said:

Wouldn't it be more efficient (less overall markers needed) to have "+1", "-1", "reroll" markers and then separate "hit", "wound", "save"? Not too tricky to stick two markers next to a unit and gives them more utility. Could make them 2 sided (+/-1, hit/wound) as well.

I like that idea, I think the next version may just have that setup in there.  2 sided has always been weird for me, getting them to print perfectly aligned.  I will work on that though.  It might be quite cool.  The little plastic caps just stick on, so that part is easy!

Thanks!!!!

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 7:01 AM, Veterannoob said:

the campaign gives you a set as well at your local store, but nowhere as nice as what's above.

I actually quite like this. We managed to get a bunch of these for Bossfest and just swapped the alliance specific ones around a bit between ourselves. I now have loads of the Destruction wounds markers...handy, as my stuff gets wounded a lot!

In general though I either use dice (different to ones I'm rolling!) or the old GF9 tear (blood?) drop counters for wound markers. For buffs/abilities I have tried a couple of sets but haven't really been too satisfied as of yet - I think some of them are made by people who aren't really playing AoS so aren't clued up on what you need.

This week I ordered both sets of @Ben's new dice, so I'm looking forward to receiving them and hopefully trying them out tomorrow if they arrive in time. To me they look a good solution.

The "Infinity" style ones above by @PhantomPhixer look great though. Good work.

• 2 months later...

I tend to shy away from dice, as they sometimes get knocked aside, changing their values in the process. When it comes to tokens, I believe simplicity is the most forthright. Also, varying shapes and colors help differentiate the token without the need for close examination.  

Skull beads are great for wounds, and although a bit large, fit into the visual theme. I got 100 for $4.95 on Amazon. If you want to make it easier to count wounds on large monsters, glue some cocktail sticks on the back of the base and just slide skulls on as they get wounded. Actually looks like part of the model.

I made some 3D printed tokens (link to the thread in my signature). I'm also happy to work with people to customise more (made some Orc themed tokens for another forum user).

A friend bought a set and they turned out to be much more useful than I realised, I used to think of using counters as kind of gimmicky.

I plan on ordering Ben's dice and Litko markers but there are some great ideas here:

I've been using big dice as wound markers never thought of using cheap Skull beads!

I love the ones that you guys have designed too, I'll have to try that.

Somewhere I read about gluing shields and swords to bases and using those as markers too. I think that looks awesome.

Until yesterday I'd only played 1000 point games and largely the only tokens I found any use were for wounds.  Playing a larger 2000 point game I can suddenly see the benefit of having tokens for marking units that have attacked or gained things like +1 to hit for unpredictable destruction...

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for where i can find wipe-clean gaming tokens?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clear-Adhesive-Circles-Bottle-Stickers/dp/B00GMERIB2 on a 1" piece of plain paper?

Archived