My First Adepticon, A Tournament Report

1 minute ago, SlaaneshCultist said:

I meant I thought it was a typo/misspeaking when ledha talked about their friends not getting any paint points from their opponent. Like, maybe they meant sports points but just mis-typed it.

Ah, I would normally have been inclined to agree, if it hadn't been followed up with a bunch of other things that are demonstrably wrong.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, BURF1 said:

What year was this? Because the last two years opponents didn't give painting points. Your friends might be feeding you some tall tales.

In fact, unless this is 2016(which used a 750pt SDK system and happened BEFORE the sylvaneth battletome) , this is completely impossible. Warhammer Design studio A won best army in 2017 and everyone who won an award that year got at least 19/20 sports points. This year everyone who was nominated for best appearance had at least 22 out of 24 sports score and the only person who got chipmunked who won and award was the best Chaos army  of Paul and David Fields, and they still got 17pts out of 24, so only 1 opponent tanked them.

There are a couple of other teams that got sports tanked but they all either had terrible paint scores or terrible battle scores and none of them got tanked as hard as you described.

Actually, I'm gonna say this didn't happen and either you or your friends are lying.

yeah, sorry, i confused myself in my head. They were not at the adepticon, but at the warhammer world at nottingham. I mixed it up because of similar dates/timelines and others who came to adepticon.

My apologies

Archived