Destruction at Adepticon

PlasticCraic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha were there any? Acon doesn't have a system for tracking lists/factions.

DZPMxDXXkAASlWJ.jpg

Best destro was Walter, Scooters

http://warscore.net/event/591/view.html?results=20180325214411

He finished 23rd overall on 75/100 battle points. I can't sort it on battle points and don't want to put it in an excel so lets call it 20th of 163 players?

See AOS shorts as well, they will be publishing the top 10 lists (None destro):

https://aosshorts.com/adepticon-age-of-sigmar-results/

Thanks Sam, I did just quickly whack it in Excel and it looks like Scooter was 13th on Battle Points, not bad!  Looks like it was actually Paint that dropped him down a few spots.

I did see in another thread on here that there was an Ironjawz player on Table 5 in the last round (lost to KO), I wonder if that's him and he went 4-1?  If so that's an excellent achievement.

1 hour ago, PlasticCraic said:

I did see in another thread on here that there was an Ironjawz player on Table 5 in the last round (lost to KO), I wonder if that's him and he went 4-1?  If so that's an excellent achievement.

Quick check of the round 5 pairings shows he was on T5.

From a different thread:

8 hours ago, Searva said:
The Top 6(ish) tables going into Round 5 in order were:

Table 5: Ironjawz vs KO

Winner: KO 

Table 6: Pure 1 drop Changehost vs Kunnin Rukk

Winner: Changehost

Worth noting that Acon is 163 players an only 5 games. Even sub-optimized lists can place highly if they play well and dodge the filth. I have played the table 5 and 6 winners, Miles H. with his Gary P. KO masters list and Joe K. with 1 drop 200 horror changehost. Both those guys are excellent players and destro would have been hard pressed to beat them.

That's 2 destro who were probably 4-1 thou (the 4 wins probably had a mix of majors and minors)

Yeah I guess it's all relative...Changehost finish 1 and 5, and people are saying that Tzeentch has dropped back into the pack, no Destruction in the Top 20 overall but we are still pleased :P

But regardless of where Destruction are at as a GA overall (which has probably been done to death now, I know I've certainly said my piece)...I think it's important to say that 4-1 is an excellent achievement for the players involved.

23 minutes ago, svnvaldez said:

Worth noting that Acon is 163 players an only 5 games. Even sub-optimized lists can place highly if they play well and dodge the filth. I have played the table 5 and 6 winners, Miles H. with his Gary P. KO masters list and Joe K. with 1 drop 200 horror changehost. Both those guys are excellent players and destro would have been hard pressed to beat them.

That's 2 destro who were probably 4-1 thou (the 4 wins probably had a mix of majors and minors)

Interested to know your thoughts on how the Kunnin Rukk vs Changehost would play out in a typical scenario?  At face value I would have given KR a fighting chance - or are you saying that based on how good you know the player (Joe K) is, as much as the lists?

47 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

Yeah I guess it's all relative...Changehost finish 1 and 5, and people are saying that Tzeentch has dropped back into the pack, no Destruction in the Top 20 overall but we are still pleased :P

But regardless of where Destruction are at as a GA overall (which has probably been done to death now, I know I've certainly said my piece)...I think it's important to say that 4-1 is an excellent achievement for the players involved.

Interested to know your thoughts on how the Kunnin Rukk vs Changehost would play out in a typical scenario?  At face value I would have given KR a fighting chance - or are you saying that based on how good you know the player (Joe K) is, as much as the lists?

With Joe K. Having a 1 drop Changehost I believe he was quicker to deploy than the Kunnin Ruck.   Also big bird on a Balewind was live this event so unfortunately that played into killing arrow boys under 20 models to get rid of the bonus.  

I can write more in depth but the biggest factor is Joe is a 1 drop full 3 swap Changehost. I’m 1-2 vs Changehost in competitive events with the 2 losses being to Joe. When playing standard Changehost you can take turn one and remove some key pieces. Joe would have taken top of 1, got on the objectives and started to split.

Thanks to both for the replies - I was assuming 1-drop Kunnin Rukk using Bonegrinz (making it a coin flip for who drops first), if the KR deployed first in this way would you give them a chance?

Yeah I heard about the LOC being allowed on the Balewind, it's caused a lot of controversy!  Some people saying the BWV needs to go (which I wouldn't disagree with) but GW also need to add Set Up Move to their list of things that count as a move - maybe by stating under Normal Move that any Set Up that counts as a move counts as a Normal Move, but you cannot run or retreat as part of such Set Up moves unless specified otherwise.

At the moment "This counts as their move for the movement phase" actually means "This does not count as their move for the movement phase at all, but is instead of it".  There are a lot of loopholes and disputes over this area, and I was really hoping it would be fixed up properly in the recent FAQ - but no deal unfortunately.   

9 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

haha were there any? Acon doesn't have a system for tracking lists/factions.

DZPMxDXXkAASlWJ.jpg

Best destro was Walter, Scooters

http://warscore.net/event/591/view.html?results=20180325214411

He finished 23rd overall on 75/100 battle points. I can't sort it on battle points and don't want to put it in an excel so lets call it 20th of 163 players?

See AOS shorts as well, they will be publishing the top 10 lists (None destro):

https://aosshorts.com/adepticon-age-of-sigmar-results/

I put the results into a Google Sheet - with links at that post you quoted.  So you can sort and play away (except with the allegiances)

14 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

Thanks Sam, I did just quickly whack it in Excel and it looks like Scooter was 13th on Battle Points, not bad!  Looks like it was actually Paint that dropped him down a few spots.

Scooter played Miles in the final round and Miles came away with a minor win (so scooter a minor loss).  He was running a pig heavy gore fist that pushed up the table pregame and could pin people.  I think it was some real potential against KO since it can limit their ability to airdrop with a solid zone of pigs.  Scooter played like a champ all week and the rankings show as much.

6 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

I can write more in depth but the biggest factor is Joe is a 1 drop full 3 swap Changehost. I’m 1-2 vs Changehost in competitive events with the 2 losses being to Joe. When playing standard Changehost you can take turn one and remove some key pieces. Joe would have taken top of 1, got on the objectives and started to split.

Interesting, never played agains changehost, but i would have tought that kunning ruk had a good matchup against it (because you do enough damage to kill everything)

42 minutes ago, broche said:

Interesting, never played agains changehost, but i would have tought that kunning ruk had a good matchup against it (because you do enough damage to kill everything)

You have to have enough models on the table to do damage.  Remember that with 3 teleports, the Big boss is dead without really good LOS blocking terrain, and he has at least 90 models within range of their ranged attacks.  Between that and all the magic, that'll definitely cut into the attacks of the Rukk and likely battleshock quite a few models off the table.

11 minutes ago, Antipodean7 said:

Grand Alliance details have now been adding to the Warscore results - there is a Google Sheets doc on the AoS Shorts page so you can filter to the Destruction results.

Sick... the google doc is great for data junkies like me, thanks for doing that.

Looks like there were 10 Destro at Acon: finishing 13th, 29th, 39th, 76th, 92th, 100th, 113th, and 3 drops.

image.png.2b13ec4c0dbaafb18cea2e19fadd7131.png

Ps. I have never seen you play DESTRO!!! get off our forum! ;p

A few more graphs since we're having nerd fun, breaking out average rankings in each of three categories by GA:

image.png.6e78254c05fe739895d70de4496729e9.png

image.png.a14afaf2ae3fe94b7773b0aae29147ea.png

image.png.06fbba4ea67bf2b141e080fe3e087cdf.png

Conclusions:

Destruction was the worst GA in terms of competitiveness on the tabletop

However we had the best-painted armies

And I'm sure Death players really are wonderful, wonderful people

I'm thinking the painting thing is probably due to a combination of factors:

- The people still playing Destruction are doing so because they really, really love their armies, so they have invested the time and care

- There is no new hotness in the GA, so probably no rushed paint jobs (unless someone decided to crank out a Kunnin Rukk)

- And finally we are just Da Best :P

46 minutes ago, broche said:

@PlasticCraic i'm a bit confuse by the Y-axis of your graph, reading the number i would say we were actually best performance and worst paint :P

Yeah I flipped the Y axis bud, because it's based on the average ranking, not the score. 

So the lower your ranking the better (being #1 means being top). And I  flipped the axis so they are going the "right way".  If I was #86 and you were #1, you finished higher even though my number was bigger - inverting the Y axis makes that visual :D

Archived