Advice on growing SCE collection and army building, please

jaxom

I'm working on a Stormcast army, but due to the collection of miniatures I have and how they may end up playing I'm not sure if I should stay pure Stormcast. Here's what I currently have:

Lord-Celestant (complete)

Lord-Relictor (assembled)

5 Liberators (complete)

3 Retributors (complete)

6 Prosecutors (not assembled)

Lord-Castellent (assembled)

6 Gryph-hounds (not assembled)

Knight Azyros or Venator (not assembled)

Lord-Aquilor (not assembled)

Naeve Blacktalon (not assembled)

5 Vanguard-Hunters (assembled)

3 Vanguard-Raptors (not assembled)

3 Aetherwings (not assembled)

3 Vanguard-Palladors (not assembled)

The way I currently see it is that I have some very mobile elements with the Palladors. Prosecutors, Aquilor, Blacktalon, and Azyros/Venator. The odd men out are the Liberators and the Retributors and other heroes on foot. This is where I could really use some advice because I'm split between a few options.

1a) Pure SCE classic hammer and anvil - Suck up the lack of a good collected kit and supplement forces with individual boxes of Liberators and Judicators to form an anvil (deployed normally and holds deployment area and nearby objectives) with the Raptors and heroes on foot. Maybe pick up more Paladins so I can Hammerstrike them.

1b) Order classic hammer and anvil - similar to 1a but with something other than SCE to either form the anvil or supplement it.

2a) Pure SCE mobility - Grab more Vanguard-Hunters and have all the other on foot Stormcast deploy lightning teleport. Definitely pick up more Paladins for Hammerstrike.

2b) Order mobility - Supplement Stormcast with fast moving battleline units from other order factions (dryads?) and double down on everything moving fast.

Any advice or sharing experiences would be appreciated!

You don't quite have enough of 1 thing to make a 2000 point list BUT! If you like the Vanguard units try this for a solid 1000 point Vanguard list.

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
Lord-Aquilor (200)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender 
- Artefact: Mirrorshield 
- Gryph-Charger Trait: Lithe-limbed
Knight-Venator (120)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (140)
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline (Lord Aquilor General)

Units
3 x Vanguard-Palladors (220)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)
1 x Gryph-Hound (40)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 56

The Liberators are Gryph-hound are a bit out of place. You could drop them both for another round of Hunters. Hunters are a very weak unit for it's points but they would synergize with your army better with as mobile as it is. Alternatively you could drop the Gryph-hound and Longstrikes to add 3 more to your unit of Palladors if you want a very powerful gank force for 1000 point games that you can drag around with your Aquilor.

15 hours ago, Poison Jr. said:

Alternatively you could drop the Gryph-hound and Longstrikes to add 3 more to your unit of Palladors if you want a very powerful gank force for 1000 point games that you can drag around with your Aquilor.

Hmmm, this is getting me thinking. I could then see what I like and add more of what I have as I expand to 2,000 points. Thank you!

Archived