Wave 2 warband wishlisting

Chris Tomlin

From reddit: "The Briar Queen - nemesis of the cursed city of Shadespire - is unleashed by Nagash to menace other lands. She is tasked with claiming certain souls that have cheated Nagash. With the aid of her spectral army - the Thorns of the Briar Queen - she visits each of the Mortal Realms, always bringing back her target's soul. Between missions the Briar Queen returns to Shadespire, for her need for vengeance there remains unsatisfied."

Being in the new AoS box set, and the cards they showed a few months ago with a castle gate icon, this totally points out at the new Nighthaunt band

8 warbands? let's see:

- stormcast magicy chamber from the core set

- nighthaunt from the core set

- tzeentch arcanites

- maggotkin

- slaneesh cult

- daughters of khaine

- kharadron overlords

- idoneth deepkin

All armies that have had recent designs and releases.

3 hours ago, riddlesworth said:

8 warbands? let's see:

- stormcast magicy chamber from the core set

- nighthaunt from the core set

- tzeentch arcanites

- maggotkin

- slaneesh cult

- daughters of khaine

- kharadron overlords

- idoneth deepkin

All armies that have had recent designs and releases.

I'm totally on board with all of those choices.

3 hours ago, Tutenkharnage said:

Aren't the Idoneth aquatic? I know, I know: "Realism, shmealism!" But I have a hard time seeing them in Shadespire. I also have a hard time seeing GW releasing eight new warbands and only one flavor of Stormcast.

Well, they bring the ethersea wherever they go.  Actually, it will be fitting for them entering into Shadespire. Their whole background revolves around souls, theirs and their enemies'. Due to their time in Slanesh's belly, their souls are withering and need to find a cure to it. Where best to find such cure than the city that managed to cheat death and keep their souls far from Nagash's grasp? I can imagine 3 Namarti (the blind ones) and one Akhelian, their pure blood high cast as leader.

I can see Nurgle, Slaanesh, and Tzeentch making an appearance. Nurgle will probably include upgrades similar to Deathly Fortitude and Cursed Artefact. Slaanesh will probably be able to hurt themselves to deal extra damage and ploys that revolve around pushing enemy fighters (i.e., seduction of some sort). Tzeentch ... no idea. 

Archived