Wave 2 warband wishlisting

Chris Tomlin

Hey guys,

So with Wave 2 essentially announced, what warbands do people think we'll see? Or indeed what would you like to see? Looking at the number of cards in the set I would wager we are looking at a core set (with new boards hopefully) and then an additional 8 warbands as expansions . Here's my ideas/guesses;

• Core 2: Stormcast (unsure on what flavour of Sigmar's Chosen we will get here)
  • Core 2: Nighthaunts
  • Brutes (wishlisting!)
  • Blightkings
  • Tzaangor
  • Arkanauts
  • Deepkin (unsure on which unit we'd get)
  • Revenants
  • Witch Aelves
  • Moonclan

What do you guys think of my list? Show me yours!

Chris

I think a stormcast squad is a given. Maybe a relictor with his protection. But I think a unique playstyle is a essential for a new squad, so:

I reckon something elvish, either Dok or deepkin. Fast but fragile. Maybe DoK with some bloodlust focus, 2 sisters and a melisai. Although it might be hard to differentiate them from khorne. 

Ghosts might been likely, as the new card artwork hints at it. But floating through models, being ethereal. 

Moonclan would be cool! But maybe more mushroom shaman then old school goblins. So getting mushroom powers. All random of course. Maybe even a fanatic. ?

ohterwise i’m expecting another chaos god faction. Maybe tzeenth, splitting horrors could be a cool mechanic. Slaanesh extra speedster faction. Or nurgle, slow and resilient. 

Also i’m hoping for a mixed order squad. A little bit like the spear of shadows cover. A lot of cool things possible there. 

Kahadron could be cool, but might be a bit tricky game wise. With all the guns. Most factions are possible I think. As long as you find a cool ‘theme’ to tie looks and a unique playstyle together. 

Ironweld Arsenal.

Look at this kit, it's basically a warband in itself:

dMQyPnk.jpg

Spoiler

;)

Seriously though Kharadron would be awesome. I'd also like to see warbands from the factions made out of recycled WFB armies like Freeguild, Swifthawk Agents and Moonclan because I'm a horrible grognard.

36 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:
  • Core 2: Stormcast (unsure on what flavour of Sigmar's Chosen we will get here)

Based on the cool anvil symbol shown here matching the one on the Lord-Ordinator's knee and the sightings of Stormcast warmachines I'd guess they were from the Annihilation/artillery Chamber that's likely set to be the next Stormcast wave in the same way the Vanguard Chambers were the most recent one. :) 

jx0sOik.jpg

1 hour ago, Chris Tomlin said:
  • Core 2: Nighthaunts
  • Brutes (wishlisting!)
  • Blightkings
  • Tzaangor
  • Arkanauts
  • Deepkin (unsure on which unit we'd get)
  • Revenants
  • Witch Aelves
  • Moonclan

My wishlist looks very much the same!
- Stormcast of the thunder forge (or something)
- Indeed Spectral Nighthaunts
- Maggotkin of Nurgle (perhaps carnival themed)
- Daughters of Khaine
- Desciples of Tzeentch
- Maneaters and a Gnoblar
- Witch Hunter Free People
- *High Aelves*

First two look like -stormcast and nighthaunt

6 more and they are trying to show off the newer factions

-Grot team is a given

-I would like a nurgle one so pestigors 

-arkanaughts 

-shyish human faction

-DoK or wanderers

-mixed destruction

20 minutes ago, CDM said:

First two look like -stormcast and nighthaunt

6 more and they are trying to show off the newer factions

-Grot team is a given

-I would like a nurgle one so pestigors  

-arkanaughts 

-shyish human faction

-DoK or wanderers

-mixed destruction

In regards to the pestigors, Atia stated shortly after the Maggotkin release that she knows GW has the Pestigor designed finished and she has no idea why they weren't released back then. Maybe we will see them as a Shadespire Warband?

As I said  before, there are quite a few warbands I'd like to see. With the seemingly increased size of Wave 2, this leaves even more room for possibilities! My wish list would be:

1. Stormcast
  2. Nighthaunts
  3. Free People Witch Hunters
  4. Daughters of Khaine
  5. Carnival of Nurgle
  6. Slaangors
  7. Moonclan grots
  8. Beastclaw hunter with sabretooths
  9. Ghouls Mummies, aka Tomb Kings!
  10. Vampire and Thralls

So the base 2 + 2 per faction (Order/Chaos/Destruction/Death).

If they make a Moonclan battletome then I would like to see them (it looks so far like only battletome armies will be represented with Warbands in Shadespire).  I would also like to see Bonesplitterz.

And then I agree about the usual offenders:

some other flavor of chaos than Khorne

Daughters of Khaine

Nighthaunts

Khardaron Overlords

etc.

Basically, I just want to see more variety.

Hmm I think some Idoneth Deepkin, like the half souled short lived ones could fit into Shadespire. Since they are trying to stay alive and gather souls what if a small group broke off from the rest and entered shadespire as a way to not face permanent death? It's clear they want to stay alive to some degree.

I'm guessing it builds off the Malign Portents narrative, so we see Nighthaunts and Stormcast (with a Lord-Ordinator?) for the Season 2 core, still set somewhere in Shyish. Then maybe Moonclan and Slaves to Darkness to correspond with the other Malign Portents heralds? I'd like to see Blightkings, Kharadron, Daughters of Khaine, and Idoneth for the rest, but I half-suspect they'll go for less current ranges than those last two.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2018 at 7:05 PM, Some Tiny People said:

Then maybe Moonclan and Slaves to Darkness to correspond with the other Malign Portents heralds

Yeah this seems pretty logical.  Shadespire went right along with the narrative of the skirmish release, and it would make sense to me if they were doing more Shysh since they have already talked about more death coming this year.  The shadespire game didn't further the narrative more than what skirmish gave us, and so it makes sense that the next season of underworlds would go along with a narrative they already have in place (malign portents).  Didn't they say they were going to release more death this year? or was it just that they were working on more death? Anyways would season 2 be coming in time for christmas?  Maybe a new core set with 2 warbands for the christmas season with the stormcast/nighthaunt?

• 1 month later...

Season 2 Warbands wishlist:

Core set will include Nighthaunt and Sacrosanct Chamber

Next is Moonclan (expect a squig w/rider, fanatic, and shaman to add a "magic" mechanic for wizard units) vs a Tzeentch Arcanite "Coven" (which also has a wizard and transforms acolytes to tzaangors as opposed to the traditional inspire mechanic)

Then Arkanughts (2 move, has jet packs that can do a x2 move but not be activated for the rest of the round, inspires same as Fireslayers) vs  DoK (inspires as they gain more power -ie are upgraded)

To end the season: Maggotkin (2 Blightkings and a large Beast of Nurgle, all have a "regen a wound" action and inspire upon doing so) vs Flesh Eaters (ghouls that are faster than skellies and a large Crypt Courtier- these inspire when they are beside a fighter who is taken out of action (ie they EAT THEM!)

Sacrosanct Chamber & Nighthaunt are a given.

Assuming we're getting warbands for the other Malign Portents harbingers: Moonclan Grots & Darkoath Barbarians.

Kharadron Overlords and Wanderers have both been hinted at in supplementary material... maybe them?

Not sure about the other two, but as a Tzeentch fan, I'm hoping for either Arcanites, Tzaangors, or a mix of the two.

I feel like Tzeench and Slaanesh will make some sort of appearance. Nurgle might, but it seems less likely for them to be in Shadespire since treasure/power is generally second to bringing disease on their to-do list, and Shadespire isn't really a place that makes sense to infect. I would love to be wrong though!

After that, Flesh Eaters would be awesome, especially if they looked more like the former human inhabitants of Shadespire and less like the naked ghoul men...I'm thinking scraps of clothing and trophies lashed to them (which of course are proper heraldry and battle gear for such honorable knights).

Seeing how GW's erection for Nurgle hasn't quite cooled down yet, I'd say Nurgle is a likely candidate.
Just look at the boxed starter packs for both AoS and 40k. Heck, even the upcoming Rogue Trader game features Nurgle as the main antagonists.

On 5/29/2018 at 11:28 AM, Goblin-King said:

Seeing how GW's erection for Nurgle hasn't quite cooled down yet, I'd say Nurgle is a likely candidate.
Just look at the boxed starter packs for both AoS and 40k. Heck, even the upcoming Rogue Trader game features Nurgle as the main antagonists.

I agree with you that GW is all about that Nurgle, but the Rogue Trader chaos guys seem more like mutants than specifically Nurgle.  They have aspects of various gods in their models so I am not totally sure they are nurgle forces and not just 'chaos' mutants.

15 hours ago, Nevar said:

I agree with you that GW is all about that Nurgle, but the Rogue Trader chaos guys seem more like mutants than specifically Nurgle.  They have aspects of various gods in their models so I am not totally sure they are nurgle forces and not just 'chaos' mutants.

All the flies? The boils, extra mouths, horn mutations? I dunno man... I'm getting a very strong Nurgle vibe from them.
All the humanoids basically looks like variants of pox-walkers. Those are specifically Nurgle, right?

7 hours ago, Goblin-King said:

All the flies? The boils, extra mouths, horn mutations? I dunno man... I'm getting a very strong Nurgle vibe from them.
All the humanoids basically looks like variants of pox-walkers. Those are specifically Nurgle, right?

Well I agree there are very nurgle models in there, but there are much more general 'abomination' models as well.  One guy seems like he has a squid for an arm, with lovecraftian feeler face in a hood.  If someone told me he was Nurgle related I would just say "Huh, I guess."  He doesn't scream Nurgle to me.  Likewise, belly mouth guy with a cleaver and random heads sprouting out of his arm... doesn't have intestines falling out, puss boils, Nurgle's mark, or even sickly green skin anywhere.  Again, if someone told me, 'this is a nurgle model' I wouldn't reject it and say it wasn't nurgle, but neither do I look at him and think "Wow what a good looking Nurgle model."  The whole mouth and random body part mutation isn't specific to Nurgle.  Especially when you talk about just general chaos undivided you get a lot of these mixed mutation abominations.

The unmistakably nurgle things are the Nurglings or what appear to be nurglings, and the flies/fleas.

I think the thing that throws it off, is all the bionics the chaos models have.  Even the guys I would have thought were plague bearers have mechanical faces, non-rusted weapons, and their wounds are stitched closed instead of allowed to fester and rot like Nurgle normally allows.  There is even one of the abominations with full on robotic legs and other things.  It seems to me like a chaos force in the process of mutating in general to warp energies, with Nurgle perhaps being their up coming patron.  One of the abominations even has a huge insectlike/crablike claw for an arm, which makes me look at him and debate Slaanesh and Nurgle.  His other arm has some fly looking growths, so I lean toward Nurgle as well, I am just not sure it will be a 'Nurgle' specific release.  I would hope it is a chaos mutant set that was built to favor Nurgle as much as possible because of your previously mentioned GW hard on for him.  But if they have rogue trader which can deal directly with a maledictim and they release chaos mutants like these and you can't also take them toward the other gods I will be extremely disappointed in them.

• 1 month later...

Bretonnia! Lead by a Damsel! A girl can dream right? ? I believe the lady and her grail knights escaped to their own realm, so why not?

However back in reality; Daughters of Kaine with lots of crazy acrobatics and Deepkin would be very cool!

• 2 weeks later...

Naturally, I want to see warbands that I'm interested in their fluff or I own AoS armies for, but to be honest, I don't think every faction is appropriate for Shadespire. I don't see the FEC mentally holding it together long enough to form and sustain a small exploration party, nor do I see the Sylvaneth caring enough about souls in glass to go rooting around underground. I can see the Deepkin wanting to go get some trapped souls, but how would their ather-mist/water thing work down in tunnels...no swimming creatures necessary here. What is down here for the Bonesplitterz to hunt?

So, that said here are the warbands I would like to see, based on fluff:

Tzeentch

Slaanesh

Kharadron Overlords

Daughters of Khaine

Nighthaunt

Soulblight

Moonclan Grots

[warband for new destruction army]

The above would be two warbands from each GA

Archived