Wave 2 Confirmed

TheWolf

Also look at the card numbers.  In Wave 1, the card numbers for the warbands have been ordered in the same order as their release - Reavers and Liberators were first as they were in the starter.  This would seem to indicate that we'll get some sort of Undead and (more) Stormcast in the next starter.

Looks like a new starter set for the next expansion. There's that small green skull symbol above the card number which maybe denotes it's a new set of cards. Either way cool to see what looks like 2 completely new units being used, a revenant style Nighthaunt and what looks like lance wielding Stormcast. Just glad to see GW really committing to Shadespire, was woried for a second it'd be a one and done style game.

34 minutes ago, Requizen said:

The wording on Spectral Parry is stupid. Every other card says "put the fighter on Guard". I hope that's not final text. 

It might be worded that way becuse of a special ability for that warband. But I agree, it looks wierd.

12 minutes ago, Thorize said:

It might be worded that way becuse of a special ability for that warband. But I agree, it looks wierd.

It is just speculation, but it make sens that ghoste dudes have diferent option of going on guard, perhaps they are on guard only on some hexes  so you have to put a token for it.

Or the new set (season/version) will have diferent rules, but it would be a bad thing.

4 hours ago, Requizen said:

The wording on Spectral Parry is stupid. Every other card says "put the fighter on Guard". I hope that's not final text. 

If nothing changes in the rules in general, then yeah, not well-worded.

However, maybe they will make some slight adjustments to the basic game rules that will make it make sense.

2 hours ago, Hesa_First said:

The fluff text indeed indicates such a special rule. Some spectral stuff going on there.

Maybe you can only hit them on crits, would fit with the fluff wording although would still have made sense to word it as we're used to

Considering the card mentions putting them on guard, only possible mechanics I can think of would be:

• Opponents cannot score Crits when attacking them, meaning any defensive Crit is an auto-win
  • Any defensive success is a Crit, meaning putting them on guard makes them incredibly durable

+ Edit: Of the two, I think the first would be more likely, since the second sounds OP...

2 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

Considering the card mentions putting them on guard, 

That's the tasty part though. It doesn't mention putting them on Guard. It's a distinctly different wording.

It says put a Guard token next to the fighter.

That may well be a distinction, a way to add a new mechanic without having to introduce a new chit to the game or require ppl to provide their own.

If so, it's pretty clever by them.

34 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

That's the tasty part though. It doesn't mention putting them on Guard. It's a distinctly different wording.

Ah, you're right, and that does open up some very interesting possibilities... Maybe the ghosts can get free guard tokens (at the beginning of each action phase, or using an action) and can shrug off wounds by spending them...

Building off that idea, here's my wild guess :)

• Ghosts can discard a Guard token to shrug off an attack.
  • The leader has an action that can put two ghosts on Guard.
  • They inspire when they shrug off a wound that way.

Just theorizing, there's no evidence whatsoever that supports this idea yet...

1 hour ago, CDM said:

Do we think underworlds will move to the next setting with the next 8 warband s? Moving from shadespire to somewhere else? 

Obviously all warbands could be used. 

Something might happen for the third setting but it's also possible we'll just stay in Shadespire. Reason being books and stuff. I do think we'll see more boards but maby just with alternate art that fits the current art setting :) 

2 minutes ago, Killax said:

Something might happen for the third setting but it's also possible we'll just stay in Shadespire. Reason being books and stuff. I do think we'll see more boards but maby just with alternate art that fits the current art setting :) 

I think that's a safe bet. Probably too soon to move on but I think that was their original intent to keep it fresh, still fresh enough though! So they can hold fire for now.

Some new boards would be cool and definitely a new starter set to go along side the other.

I'm very excited to see the next 8 factions but don't want to see another stormcast one for now.

21 minutes ago, CDM said:

I'm very excited to see the next 8 factions but don't want to see another stormcast one for now.

It's almost as safe as a bet that there will come more, at least one but I'm not counting out the second either.

The real reason for that is that I believe someone is designing new Stormcast sculpts like a madman daily. 

I recently got into Shadespire and played with my friend with Core Set and we loved it, but I don't want to commit into it as I don't really like warbands. Wave 2 is a great opportunity for me to get into this, I understand SCE as new starter (but I'm not happy with it) and Nighthaunt is awesoem concept but I'd love more diversity. 

- Daughters of Khaine are just tailor made for such arena combat 

- Nurgle would be very cool 

- some kind of Dwarves - I'm not sure which ones I think some classic Dwarves would work better then KO but who knows

- Darkoath tribe 

- Goblins

- Sylvaneth 

That would be 8 bands and almost every major army/race would get something. 

Archived