Daughters of Khaine - 1000pts

Mr. White

I'm strongly considering DoK as my 'order' army (I'm selecting one army from each GA), but only to about 1000pts, so no Morathi.

One thing I'm curious about...what would a lower model count army look like for DoK at 1000pts? Anyone with the battletome have any idea?

9 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

I'm strongly considering DoK as my 'order' army (I'm selecting one army from each GA), but only to about 1000pts, so no Morathi.

One thing I'm curious about...what would a lower model count army look like for DoK at 1000pts? Anyone with the battletome have any idea?

You can do an elite DoK army.  Typically it will use a Bloodwrack  Shrine for general and then a temple nest battalion, which is two units of bow snakes and two units of spear snakes.

That would clock in at 900 points with minimum unit sizes.  Enough for a hag or slaughter queen. Model count of 22.  

Elite armies are a bit tough for DoK at 1k points though.  The army has such fantastic buffs that you typically want to try to fit as many priests and wizards in your army as possible.  Without a Cauldron of blood those snakes will die quickly.

• Like 1

In some of my playtestings at 1000 points i had good results with

Allegiance: Daughters Of Khaine
- Temple: Hagg Nar

Leaders
Slaughter Queen on Cauldron Of Blood (330)
- General
- Trait: Devoted Desciples 
- Artefact: Amulet of Dark Fire 
- Prayer: Crimson Rejuvenation
Hag Queen (60)
- Artefact: Iron Circlet 
- Prayer: Blessing of Khaine

Battleline
20 x Sisters Of Slaughter (240)
- Sacrificial Knives and Blade Bucklers
10 x Sisters Of Slaughter (120)

Units
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (80)

Battalions
Slaughter Troupe (80)

Total: 990 / 1500
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 58

But to be completely honest, it would be way better to know what you want to play with (sneiks, harpys, cauldrons, etc), rather than offer you lists.

• Like 1

I advise against using battalions in sub 2000 point games.  Bodies are stronger than the buffs they provide.  

Doomsfires are fun to use.  I’ve had solid performance out of them in all my games but one where my opponent shot them off the board turn 1. 

You could do 

bloodwrack general

Hag queen on cauldron 

2x10 blood sisters. 

As to the competitiveness of this list, I’m hesitant. But low model count for sure. 

• Like 1

I guess, just looking at the models, I was a thinking...

10 snake ladies

5 harpies

5 doomfire warlocks

and a cauldron/bloodwrack thing

Again, I don't have the battletome yet, and am more of an Open Play player, but want to keep potential Matched Play in mind. The above seems fun to paint and theme...no idea if it's viable in Matched Play though.

Edited by Mr. White

3 hours ago, Mr. White said:

I guess, just looking at the models, I was a thinking...

10 snake ladies

5 harpies

5 doomfire warlocks

and a cauldron/bloodwrack thing

Again, I don't have the battletome yet, and am more of an Open Play player, but want to keep potential Matched Play in mind. The above seems fun to paint and theme...no idea if it's viable in Matched Play though.

One thing to keep in mind is that snake ladies are only battle line if you have a Medusa or Bloodwrack Shrine general.

Otherwise you'll need to fill it with sisters of slaughter or witches.  

Also, I think the slaughter troupe battalion is junk.  It's wasted on sisters of slaughter since they can retreat, run and still pile in 6" without the battalion.

we have already worked on this list in the DoK thread:

- Temple: Hagg Nar / Khailebron
Slaughter Queen on Cauldron Of Blood (330)
- General
- Trait: Devoted Desciples
- Artefact: Thousand and One Dark Blessings
- Prayer: Blessing of Khaine
Hag Queen (60)
- Prayer: Catechsim of Murder
30 x Witch Aelves (270)
- Pairs of Sacrificial Knives
10 x Witch Aelves (100)
5 x Doomfire Warlocks (160)
- Lore of Shadows: Mindrazor
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (80)

Total: 1000 / 1000

maybe it helps to get inputs.

The list has fast elements as well the Heartrenders which can take far objectives. Witches and Priests form the glasshammer.

We have also worked out a list with Morathi. She should be devastating on such a point level:

Leaders
Hag Queen on Cauldron Of Blood (300)
- General
- Artefact: Thousand and One Dark Blessings 
Morathi High Oracle of Khaine (480)
- Lore of Shadows: Mindrazor

Battleline
10 x Witch Aelves (100)
- Pairs of Sacrificial Knives
- Pairs of Sacrificial Knives

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 39

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kaleun said:

we have already worked on this list in the DoK thread:

It’s perfectly ok for him to ask for advice specific to him, outside of that thread.  

Both in sense of he may not have seen the discussion, or in replying to it, felt drowned out by the other topics being thrown around.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hyperion said:

It’s perfectly ok for him to ask for advice specific to him, outside of that thread.  

Both in sense of he may not have seen the discussion, or in replying to it, felt drowned out by the other topics being thrown around.

i extracted the two lists. Mr. White knows now where to find the posted lists. What is your point?

Yeah, my Battletome just arrived and Stalkers are more costly, don't get a multiples price reduction, and aren't Battleline. They can both get mortal wounds, but it takes a 6 for bows (just 1 attack sadly), but Sister's Crystal Touch is 4+. It's just I like the flowing hair and cute (?) Blood Wyrm. I guess my Sisters are getting a makeover, ditching their ugly masks and letting their hair down. The pet stays regardless.

I am also not sure about the sisters. They are comparable to the Judicators. However the Judicators are a bit more sturdy and have quite a damage output. The sisters are faster and go crazy if you have some +1 to hit in the shooting phase. Besides they can make use of the DoK allegiance abilities...

On 3/21/2018 at 4:46 PM, Richelieu said:

Also, I think the slaughter troupe battalion is junk.  It's wasted on sisters of slaughter since they can retreat, run and still pile in 6" without the battalion.

I couldn't disagree more.  I think one of the most competitive Daughters lists is going to be using a Slaughter Troupe.  It is certainly what I am building:D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I couldn't disagree more.  I think one of the most competitive Daughters lists is going to be using a Slaughter Troupe.  It is certainly what I am building:D

+1 for that opinion. I have been doing really well with Draichi Ganeth /Slaughter Troupe. Its not easy to play quickly as you can end up moving large units multiple times as you retreat and charge to get the temple bonus or to engage a different unit but it gives you an amazing amount of flexibility coupled with devastating combat punch.

Gaunt summoner is a bit of a challenge. The only game I have lost so far (played 7 games at this point with Draichi & 2 with Khailebron/Temple Nest) was against a list with 2 Gaunt Summoners backed up by a balewind, Treacherous Bond and Brimstone Horror bubble wrap.

• Like 2

On 27/03/2018 at 11:06 PM, Thomas Lyons said:

On 28/03/2018 at 2:54 AM, Twitch of Izalith said:

+1 for that opinion. I have been doing really well with Draichi Ganeth /Slaughter Troupe. Its not easy to play quickly as you can end up moving large units multiple times as you retreat and charge to get the temple bonus or to engage a different unit but it gives you an amazing amount of flexibility coupled with devastating combat punch.

Gaunt summoner is a bit of a challenge. The only game I have lost so far (played 7 games at this point with Draichi & 2 with Khailebron/Temple Nest) was against a list with 2 Gaunt Summoners backed up by a balewind, Treacherous Bond and Brimstone Horror bubble wrap.

Mind if I ask how you two are running your Sisters of Slaughter units? Are you going for the knives or bucklers? Units of 10, 20 or 30? Just the two units for the battalion, or more besides?

@TheWildRide I'm currently running a unit of 20 and a unit of 10  - all with whips and bucklers. Thats more to do with what models I have to be honest - I have been playing DoK for about a year and they only came with bucklers and whips before the Battletome.

Having said that, I think thats my preferred loadout anyway, the 2 inch reach on the whips is really versatile - you can usually hit with all 30 models if you are running 30's or you can pile in behind other combats and strike acsross 2 rows of other models on 25mm bases or 1 row of 40mm.

I like the bucklers for giving a bit more defence - you can make them reasonably tough by stacking benefits from the Bloodshield, Mystic Shield, terrain etc if you need to.

I also really enjoy game mechanics that allow you to reflect damage and although you need a 6 it still takes out a few models over the course of a game. 

Unit size is a bit tricky because they work in all unit sizes! I find 30's a bit unwieldy both from a game and practicality perspective (particularly with whips cos they stick out a lot and hook onto things) I think I will probably just stick with what I have for now but you can fit 2 x 30 and 2 x 30 witch elves in a Slaughter Troupe list at 2000 points and that's possibly one of the most competitive ways to build it - If you are confident moving 120 models that can retreat and charge!! Not a very interesting list for hobby and more casual games though!

So yeah big fan of the sisters and I have some in every list - the 6" pile in is great and the more you play the more you will figure out things to do with it. You cant really go wrong with unit sizes and weapons - although if you want to play big units of 30 take whips. Otherwise I would base your choice on what your witches have. If you have a unit of witches with bucklers you can afford to take a unit of sisters with knives etc the point is don't take a whole army of bucklers or a whole army with daggers.

DoK scales really well too so you can get a 1000 points on the table and work out tactics that will still play the same when you scale up to bigger units and 2000 points

Elite or horde that’s of course up to you. My sisters double up as daemonettes for now, and vice versa, due to a Slaanesh dedicated army. So that really helps money wise. This is the list i’m building up to as it contains everything I really want to paint and In time i’ll Be adding snakes, more ladies and warlocks just for the homemade hobby aspect and options.

slaughter queen on throne, hag queen, medusa - 30 witches, 10 sisters and 5 heart renders. 

If I were to run a snake heavy list at 1000 points would it be better to go with two units of ten Blood Sisters, or to field a Temple Nest? I'd like to start out with something manageable in terms of painting and assembling, so ideally I'd prefer to avoid dozens of Witch Aelves or Sisters of Slaughter if I can.

• 2 months later...

One thing I am finding difficult here is that this is one giant conversation for DoK.  I wonder if it's possible for Ben to create a sub-forum so we can have named conversations to make it easier to find topics?  Just a thought.

• 9 months later...
On 3/21/2018 at 4:45 PM, Keldaur said:

In some of my playtestings at 1000 points i had good results with

Leaders
Slaughter Queen on Cauldron Of Blood (330)
- General
- Artefact: Amulet of Dark Fire 
- Prayer: Crimson Rejuvenation
Hag Queen (60)
- Artefact: Iron Circlet 

Battleline
20 x Sisters Of Slaughter (240)

Units

Battalions
Slaughter Troupe (80)

Total: 990 / 1500
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 58

But to be completely honest, it would be way better to know what you want to play with (sneiks, harpys, cauldrons, etc), rather than offer you lists.

Its says in the battletome that sisters of slaughter may be equipped with whips and knives or whips and bucklers, not knives and bucklers, I don't know why you would anyways as whips give you +1 attack and +1" range, I'm not arguing a point I'm just starting a dok army myself and am just fact checking to make sure it's your mistake or whether I'm missing something xD would appreciate some insight 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Wretchill said:

Its says in the battletome that sisters of slaughter may be equipped with whips and knives or whips and bucklers, not knives and bucklers, I don't know why you would anyways as whips give you +1 attack and +1" range, I'm not arguing a point I'm just starting a dok army myself and am just fact checking to make sure it's your mistake or whether I'm missing something xD would appreciate some insight 

Thanks

uh! Thread-Necromacy.
It actually was a bug in the Warscrollbuilder. It is actually patched anyway...

As we opened that thread again now I feel free to post my actual 1000 point dok list for semi-competitive matches:

Slaughter Queen on Cauldron of Blood (330)
- General
Hag Queen (60)
Bloodwrack Medusa (140)
30 x Witch Aelves (270)
10 x Sisters of Slaughter (120)
- Barbed Whips and Blade Bucklers
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (80)

Total: 1000 / 2000

The buffs go to the big unit of witches, which will do the dirty work together with the cauldron. Heartrenders are always useful to grab objectives and we got some magical support from the Medusa. I didnt write down artefacts and traits because I am still experimenting.

The SoS work as chaff.

• Like 1