What is next for Death? (mini factions, models, etc)

kenshin620

So nothing concrete here but just thought of this. 

With keeping in mind the whole "GW doesn't make art for product they don't have" idea, could this be the future look of dire wolves, or a new type of unit all together? 

I'd love it! Reminds me of the Diablo 3 Witchdoctor pups. ?

20180401_110708.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've made beastman skeletons using the ungor/gor skulls you find in certain kits .I know that Glade Guard have them on sprue for sure, and the recent skull basing kit reprinted that design among other beastman skulls. Perhaps the artist was just taking liberties with it, since it doesn't seem "dolled up" or polished enough to be a NuGW kit. I just can't see them printing a plain, dog-headed skeleton, regardless of how much I'd love to see them.

That said, I would assume GW could have just said, "fix that skull," before they released, so who knows if it's purposefully placed or simply willful ignored without the concept blurb the artist was given. Perhaps this will motivate GW to make a werewolf skeleton faction to protect their new IP of bone-doggos..?

I wouldnt expect it, but would be nice.  I've long advocated for the tomb king legacy rules to be simultaneously retired and updatedbwith expansions to the current death range, mostly deathrattle.

There's more needed to do that than would easily be added to a typical aos mini faction release, though.  To pull it off would require multiple release waves a la stormcast, and i'm not sure gw has the motivation for it.

9 hours ago, Ursa Doom said:

After Nighthaunt I expect them to make a couple of new kits for Death Rattle and call it a complete army. Maybe we will see the return of the classic Screaming Skull Catapult and chariots?

I think they just need a few tweaks like slightly better GG, but I would love a new mounted Wight King with Banner option. 

Archived