Clan Skryre 2000 point list help

Vandrare

Hey guys hope everyone is well. I have a 2000 point tournament coming up in July this year, over painting huge armies so I wanted something a little smaller. I've played Skaven for sometime but just wanted to see if anyone could see any loop holes in my list I would like to run for clan Skyre, make sure it's legal etc.. so here it is :- 

1 arch warlock 

guatfyre scorch engine coven: 150 points 

1 warplock engineer 

6 stormfiends 

2 warpfire thrower teams 

1 warpgrinder team 

whyrlblade treshik engine coven: 50 points 

1 warplock engineer 

3 stormfiends 

2 doom wheels 

1 doomflayer team

what do you think? Legal and fair? 

Cheers Brendan 

When you play the 6 Stormfiends as one unit you only have 2 Battleline Units (1x 6 Stormfiends and 1x3 Stormfiends). Or did you count them as 2x3 and wrote them as 6 like you did in the case of the warpfire throwers and the doomwheels (thats not a good idea because Stormfiends could be a unit between 3 and 9 models).

What equipment do your Stormfiends get?

Did you also count the point the points for the Clan Skryre Battalion itself? I don't think that the Enginecovens count as a battalion, they should be only additional points for the Clan Skryre Battalion.

1 hour ago, EMMachine said:

When you play the 6 Stormfiends as one unit you only have 2 Battleline Units (1x 6 Stormfiends and 1x3 Stormfiends). Or did you count them as 2x3 and wrote them as 6 like you did in the case of the warpfire throwers and the doomwheels (thats not a good idea because Stormfiends could be a unit between 3 and 9 models).

What equipment do your Stormfiends get?

Did you also count the point the points for the Clan Skryre Battalion itself? I don't think that the Enginecovens count as a battalion, they should be only additional points for the Clan Skryre Battalion.

Well the two engine covens add up to be 200 points? I don't think I have to pay for the actual clan skryre battalion, only count up my units etc etc? 

There will be 3 units of stormfiends all varying rattling cannons, warpfire projectors and doom flayer guantlets in each unit.. 

i will have 1800 points of skyre plus 200 points of engine coven, bringing the grand total to 2000

does that make sense my list? Or maybe not?

47 minutes ago, Vandrare said:

Well the two engine covens add up to be 200 points? I don't think I have to pay for the actual clan skryre battalion, only count up my units etc etc? 

There will be 3 units of stormfiends all varying rattling cannons, warpfire projectors and doom flayer guantlets in each unit.. 

i will have 1800 points of skyre plus 200 points of engine coven, bringing the grand total to 2000

does that make sense my list? Or maybe not?

Well take a look at the Pitched Battle Profile in the Generals Handbook 2017 (Page 89). In the notes behind the Clan Skryre Warscroll Battalion is written.

Add the cost of the Enginecovens that are taken to the cost of the battalion.

You have to pay the cost for the Battalion and for the Enginecovens you use. After the Enginecovens aren't Warscroll Battalions (if they were, they would be called Warscroll Battalions not Enginecovens) you can't take  them without using the Clan Skryre Battalion.

And if you use the Stormfiends in the first Enginecoven as 2x3 it's better to write it like that.

6 hours ago, EMMachine said:

Well take a look at the Pitched Battle Profile in the Generals Handbook 2017 (Page 89). In the notes behind the Clan Skryre Warscroll Battalion is written.

You have to pay the cost for the Battalion and for the Enginecovens you use. After the Enginecovens aren't Warscroll Battalions (if they were, they would be called Warscroll Battalions not Enginecovens) you can't take  them without using the Clan Skryre Battalion.

And if you use the Stormfiends in the first Enginecoven as 2x3 it's better to write it like that.

Wow thank you so much for that bit of information.. I've never charged a battalion before I'm wondering if that has been something I've missed in other armies before.. this basically requires a whole other army revision list unfortunately for me.. but I'm glad you brought it up..

I guess I could drop the second coven that gives my doomwheels perks and just have them on the field as machines.. that could work for sure 

2 hours ago, Vandrare said:

I guess I could drop the second coven that gives my doomwheels perks and just have them on the field as machines.. that could work for sure 

You can't drop the second coven if you want to use the Battalion. Because you need two covens for the Battalion.

13 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

You can't drop the second coven if you want to use the Battalion. Because you need two covens for the Battalion.

Oh really where does it state that? Sorry I'm very new to all this.. these are traps for new players 

9 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

The Clan Skryre Battalion on Page 258 in the Grand Alliance Book Chaos? It contains 1 Arch-warlock and 2-5 Enginecovens.

Thank you very much I'll revise this information tonight. Very glad I asked the question before I built this force 

Archived