ill tides and foul winds on the mortal seas.

nicromancer

time for some AOS naval action! I want to put some ship to ship boarding action in my skirmish games so i painted this little beast up last night.
A quick paintjob but I'm pretty happy with it.

ill tides and foul winds await for those that dare to brave the uncharted waters and endless rivers of the realms.

the Pequod is a small vessel, one of many boats and ships built by the azyrite explorers as they spread across the realms seeking to set up new frontiers.
she's seen better (and worse) days, her proud hull dented and stained and her name all but illegible across the peeling paint and age stained wood.

Still, she serves her captain well, making smugglers runs between settlements, taking those who seek to travel unhindered into the wilds ,and sometimes, just sometimes, performing honest work on the river markets and floating harbour cities of the realms.

Expect more soon! :)

ship.jpg

ship1.jpg

ship2.jpg

ship3.jpg

ship4.JPG

ship5.JPG

ship6.JPG

night rolls in at the town of mystport. 
at the edge of civilisation in the realm of beasts, the town of mystport sits low and quiet at the edge of the maze lake and the sea of claws.
here travellers and merchants bring their wares up river, stopping off to restock before travelling along the coast to excelsis.
here anyone can find anything, often free from the prying eyes or the freeguild or the tarrifs of the merchant guilds.

As winter comes to the realm, foul winds and shrouding mists have begun to cover the town. the ports lie empty and the markets are full of whispers ,as more and more ships are lost in the sun drowning fog.

mist (2).jpg

Just now, Orsino said:

Beautifully done, how does it work gameplay-wise?

here, page 130 . The rules are for warhammer fantasy but they are system neutral so they can easily work for AOS, especially skirmish! :) 
I need a few more before i can play the game i want to play,  but I'll update as i go! :)
https://www.scribd.com/doc/32621766/Warhammer-Fantasy-Battles-EnG-General-s-Compendium

Archived