A grand thank you to The Grand Alliance

Dez

I'd like to thank Veteran Noob (sp) for linking here from Dakka

I'd like to thank Ben, for creating and running The Grand Alliance

I'd like to thank Jeff Egan, for seeing my Welcome post and inviting me to game in local CT

Ben I think this site has worked for me exactly the way you envisioned it. I found this site, Jeff Egan contacted me to game. He recently sent out emails to a bunch of local folks to meet up at The Battle Standard in Manchester CT for some Age of Sigmar. I matched up with Paul Conti, and played one of the best games I've had in my table top career. I'm still buzzing about it! I thought I was absolutely going to get murdered seeing the way all my Skaven were removed from the field in the first turn, things looked really grim. I stuck it out though, and in the end the Rat Pack (Skaven HQ) squeeked by! The game really just swung back and forth, it was awesome. I'm sending Paul some pics now, I think he's going to do a YouTube batrep for it.

Thanks!

Good stuff and I second a thanks to all the AoS content creators and positive members of the community. Lots of great people out there who stuck out an at times rough first year and kept things positive as the fanbase grew. Wouldn't be where we are without you I don't think. A lot of the entertainment in my life comes from you guys and I'm thankful for it. 

1 hour ago, Soulsmith said:

I second everything said, after trying to struggle through the vehemence towards AoS on Warseer, this forum has been really refreshing, and I am enjoying sharing and discussing the hobby with you all.

Ouch warseer, I don't know whats with that place but hey I can see why someone would leave there for good I just post there a few times to get people's views on news. Overall prefer here and Dakka. 

Definitely nice to have somewhere where AoS can be discussed constructively rather than simply defending it against idiots.

I've managed to toe the line on Dakka, got banned from Warseer (for questioning mods!) but dear lord some of the folks on Dakka...

Yeah, it's nice to be able to post somewhere where you don't get branded a white knight for not thinking AoS is terrible.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Ben said:

Thanks for the feedback on this!

Its exactly what I wanted to happen :)  Are you guys having a regular meet-up at that gaming store now?  

Yes, we're going to meet up every other Saturday and alternate between The Battle Standard and The Portal I believe. I've even heard a bit of rumbling about a potential GT atConnecticon.

18 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Yeah, I sometimes hop over there to read the general threads. By this point I can identify members who post in aos threads just to troll. It's so pathetic.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Well, I think sometimes ambassadors to AoS don't always do the best job at communicating to Waseerians and the like, because some statements are a little too glowing.

That said I've been playing block and tackle for a while, but I think I just dropped my last bomb there for good.  The ability for them to rationally consume new info without grievance is far too low.

I don't know what I'd do without this forum to actually discuss the game itself.  Thanks to all who kept AoS going.  You guys are the real heroes.

1 hour ago, daedalus81 said:

Well, I think sometimes ambassadors to AoS don't always do the best job at communicating to Waseerians and the like, because some statements are a little too glowing.

That said I've been playing block and tackle for a while, but I think I just dropped my last bomb there for good.  The ability for them to rationally consume new info without grievance is far too low.

I don't know what I'd do without this forum to actually discuss the game itself.  Thanks to all who kept AoS going.  You guys are the real heroes.

The thrill is gone (baby). I usually quickly browse the BL or Fantasy section of Warseer--just in case, you never know!--and now that threads come up more than 50% blank lines of ignored users, so that's basically it for me. xD

On 10/07/2016 at 4:40 PM, Dez said:

I'd like to thank Veteran Noob (sp) for linking here from Dakka

I'd like to thank Ben, for creating and running The Grand Alliance

I'd like to thank Jeff Egan, for seeing my Welcome post and inviting me to game in local CT

Ben I think this site has worked for me exactly the way you envisioned it. I found this site, Jeff Egan contacted me to game. He recently sent out emails to a bunch of local folks to meet up at The Battle Standard in Manchester CT for some Age of Sigmar. I matched up with Paul Conti, and played one of the best games I've had in my table top career. I'm still buzzing about it! I thought I was absolutely going to get murdered seeing the way all my Skaven were removed from the field in the first turn, things looked really grim. I stuck it out though, and in the end the Rat Pack (Skaven HQ) squeeked by! The game really just swung back and forth, it was awesome. I'm sending Paul some pics now, I think he's going to do a YouTube batrep for it.

Thanks!

What he said. I also love the format and design of the website, its very well done, fresh, super modern, streamlined, well organised and laid out, not some stuffy old message board. Perfect for a progressive new community.

Just wanted to add my thanks as well to Ben for the site and Bowlzee for the player map!  I am emailing with a nearby gamer that found me through this site and the map, just trying to nail down a day to play and it's on! It's the first time in almost 20 years of gaming that I will play with a total stranger believe it or not!

Thanks guys:)

7 minutes ago, Mikosan said:

Just wanted to add my thanks as well to Ben for the site and Bowlzee for the player map!  I am emailing with a nearby gamer that found me through this site and the map, just trying to nail down a day to play and it's on! It's the first time in almost 20 years of gaming that I will play with a total stranger believe it or not!

awesome!

7 minutes ago, Mikosan said:

8 hours ago, Mikosan said:

I'm glad it's been helpful. I've seen a few success stories which makes it all worth it.

Will also give a big Thanks to Ben for the site, and the other mods for helping keep out the very few bits of spam we've seen, and being very hands off to let the conversations flow  :) 

Archived