First Cohort

Bobbin484

Hi guys,

Is the first cohort battalion really worth the points? 

My dilemma is this ...

Yes, diverting wound away from nagash onto the morgasts is very good. But in reality, is he really that likely to get taken down without it? He is very survivable.

The guaranteed 3 wounds on the innvocation is also nice but nagash can Re-Roll the D3 anyway.

Lastly, for the same points I could take some hexwraiths or black knights which provide a useless tool on the battlefield.

I guess I'm just wondering what would be more cost effective.

What experience have you guys had?

Hi b484,

my experience was yes, protect him at all (rather small) costs.

the opponent will try and has to take him down.

kunnin rukk tries death through Statistik, you‘ll roll 2s soon enough or longstrikes with -2 rend

One of the awesome things of first cohort is the mental message to your opponent: nice try, but we are not impressed...now brace for impact

it makes no sense to go for Nagash before killing 12 (i take 24) wounds off the morghast, and all the time he merrily wrecks the army left and right and down the middle, staying in the top 2 brackets, whatever is incoming...brutal as f**k

11 hours ago, Bobbin484 said:

Honk,

That's great advice, thank you. It's exactly what I was after. I needed the push in the right direction.

Many thanks!

Your welcome!!!

And always remember, the push goes right into the thick of it. You want him at your enemy’s throat, destroying all that was precious to them.

All that they held dear, thought to be eternal cast down into the dust, grinded to pulb by the merciless heel of our God-King. Years upon years have we waited for him to step down his throne in glory to lead us to victory and revel in his mighty deeds. They laughed about our vampirelords, shot down our dragons and crumbled our armies! But the days of reckoning are here and our vengeful storm will see them  scattered like leaves in the wind... (I seriously need to talk to a professional about this)

...till they figure out how to stop us or GH18 comes along...

But until then...

24 minutes ago, Honk said:

Your welcome!!!

And always remember, the push goes right into the thick of it. You want him at your enemy’s throat, destroying all that was precious to them.

All that they held dear, thought to be eternal cast down into the dust, grinded to pulb by the merciless heel of our God-King. Years upon years have we waited for him to step down his throne in glory to lead us to victory and revel in his mighty deeds. They laughed about our vampirelords, shot down our dragons and crumbled our armies! But the days of reckoning are here and our vengeful storm will see them  scattered like leaves in the wind... (I seriously need to talk to a professional about this)

...till they figure out how to stop us or GH18 comes along...

But until then...

That's brilliant!!

1 hour ago, Rob1613 said:

What is the order of saves for nagash bouncing the wounds to the morghasts for saves and mortal wounds? 

Is it save >morikhane >deathless >first cohort > Ebon armour >deathless? 

Save would come first.
Then Morikhane and DM happen simultaneously, therefore you can choose the order.
First Cohort also happens simultaneously, but I can think of no reason to not activate it after the above.
Then Ebon armor and DM happen simultaneously.

Archived