Does a special ability dice roll count as a 'save'

James McPherson

Question

The Congregation of Filth battalion formation allows an ability called Plague Altar, which reads as follows

My question is, would this confer a +1 modifier when used with Epidemius' Tallyman +1 to save modifier , giving a 5up instead of a 6up ? I guess RAW nowhere does it mention it as a save, but RAI it kinda is a ward save. Anyone come up against anything similar? How would you play it?

Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 07.43.50.png

3 answers to this question

It's not referred to as a save. To my knowledge the only thing that is referred to anywhere explicitly as the save roll is the actual save roll, other abilities just refer to an additional dice roll. So I'd say no.

Edit: In the language of the rules, "suffering" a wound is the point at which the wound is actually assigned to a model, which occurs *after* saves are made as you're working with the damage pool. So definitely no.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It's definitely not intended to be a "Save". They've consistently avoided using the term save for all the ward abilities and with good reason - this would be an autowin for those units (Phoenix Guard with a 3+ ward with mystic shield).

Archived