Daughters of Khaine 2k list help

Gokken

Hi Guys, I was wondering if you guys could help me design a list, I know there is a daughters of Khaine threat, but I think its a bit to overwhelming and maybe abit to focused on competition for me.

I really like battalions and sorta having a goal of an army to build towards, I enjoy the painting aspect of the hobby a lot as well . So I had the idea of trying to fit two battalions into a 2k list.

Do you guys have any idea of how viable this will be? 

I was wondering between Temple nest/ slaughtertrope or Temple nest/ Cauldren guard really torn between witch aelves and slaughtersisters.

my first idea was this

Bloodwrack Medusa (140)
Slaughter Queen on Cauldron Of Blood (330)
Units
5 x Blood Stalkers (160)
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
5 x Blood Stalkers (160)
30 x Sisters Of Slaughter (300)
-Pairs of Sacrificial Knives
10 x Sisters Of Slaughter (120)
10 x Khinerai Lifetakers (160)
10 x Khinerai Lifetakers (160)
Battalions
Temple Nest (80)
Slaughter Troupe (80)
Total: 1970 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Leaders: 2/6 Battlelines: 4 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 0/4
Wounds: 119

Going Hagg nar and maybe giving the sisters shields, could really make the durable.

or this

Slaughter Queen on Cauldron Of Blood (330)
Bloodwrack Medusa (140)
Units
5 x Blood Stalkers (160)
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
5 x Blood Stalkers (160)
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (80)
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (80)
Battalions
Temple Nest (80)
Slaughter Troupe (80)
Total: 1990 /2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Leaders: 2/6 Battlelines: 4 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 0/4
Wounds: 129

the downsides I can see is that medusa must be general for enough battlelines

the upside is in 1k I will have a temple nest, in 2k I will have 2 formations one main and one lesser, proberly the smallest being temple nest, and in 2500 you could have two really strong formations.

I would really like an army that includes 

the cauldren model because this thing looks dope as hell!

a big unit of aelves og sisters

both abit of snakes and harpies, because they look damn tasty

do you guys think this could be viable in any way? I am not competing for most win at warhammer world or the big tournaments in anyway :)

if you guys have any advice its much appreciated

Thanks a bunch

Gokken

One thing you should really try to fit into the lists is two Hag Queens.  Witchbrew is one of the strongest buffs in the game and is available for a measly 60 points.  And you get prayers on top of it.  I can't overstate how amazing they are.  Another thing they do is draw enemy fire and spells away from your combat units while they get into position.  

Yeah the first issue im seeing is the Medusa being your general, which means you may aswell swap out the Slaughter Keen on COB for a Hag queen on COB. Besides that I also don't see much point running two battalions, sure less drops however you only got two heros so your just wasting artefacts to be given. 

I would go the route of what ever Battalion you want to build your list around so pick either temple nest or Slaughter Troupe. In all honestly i would pick Slaughter Troupe for bodies and you run Draichi and slow in a unit of Witch Elves to fulfil Battleline. 

So something along this:

Allegiance: Daughters Of Khaine
- Temple: Draichi Ganeth

Leaders
Slaughter Queen on Cauldron Of Blood (330)
- General
Hag Queen (60)
Bloodwrack Shrine (220)
Hag Queen (60)

Battleline
30 x Sisters Of Slaughter (300)
- Pairs of Sacrificial Knives
30 x Sisters Of Slaughter (300)
10 x Witch Aelves (100)
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
- Daughters of Khaine Battleline (Bloodwrack Medusa General)

Units
10 x Khinerai Lifetakers (160)
10 x Khinerai Lifetakers (160)

Battalions
Slaughter Troupe (80)

Total: 1910 / 2500
Allies: 0 / 500
Wounds: 136

That's probs the list you should look towards doing as its less drops still you got shooting, snakes, strong unit of harpies. DOUBLE WITCHBREW and a Spellcaster. However it needs another spellcaster but im sure you can sacrifice something for it. But whola.... wouldn't say its a top tier list due to the artefact you have to take isn't amazing. But you made witch elves be able to retreat and charge. However i myself would run 2 big units of Witch Elves and 20 man units of SoS due to Witch Elves in my eyes are the better unit. 

its really too close to call between witches and sisters, I lean more towards sisters.  Witches have an extra 2 attacks if a character is near and they they 2 knives. Sisters have a longer range and can pile in 6 inches. I guarantee that they will get just as many attacks if you play them right. Also gives you better options with attack order as you can park sisters just out of 3 inches so you can fight with another unit first safe in the knowledge that the sisters are safe until you pile in with them. 

On 10/3/2018 at 1:20 AM, Richelieu said:

One thing you should really try to fit into the lists is two Hag Queens.  Witchbrew is one of the strongest buffs in the game and is available for a measly 60 points.  And you get prayers on top of it.  I can't overstate how amazing they are.  Another thing they do is draw enemy fire and spells away from your combat units while they get into position.  

If those priests are anything like relictor priest, this will be dope! 

My only problem is all the formations look so sweet! 

I think in the end maybe I will try Cauldren guard, because that satanic gaurden tractor model looks so insanely sweet!

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
Bloodwrack Medusa (140)
Hag Queen (60)

Battleline
30 x Witch Aelves (270)
30 x Witch Aelves (270)

Units
5 x Khinerai Lifetakers (80)

Battalions
Cauldron Guard (100)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 81
I think this would be good for  1k but where to go from here?

The obvious would be a cauldren and an extra battleline 

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
Bloodwrack Medusa (140)
Hag Queen (60)
Hag Queen on Cauldron Of Blood (300)

Battleline
30 x Witch Aelves (270)
30 x Witch Aelves (270)
10 x Sisters Of Slaughter (120)

Units

Battalions
Cauldron Guard (100)

Total: 1420 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 104

This just means what should I do with the last 600 points? more snakes? a medusa?  buy more lifetakes and try to get a unit with damage 3 and rend 2 on a charge? 

Okami I like your idea about the Witch Aelves,  I think they are very closely matched with Sisters, so its a tough call.

I like the looks of Witch Aelves more over the the sisters, but I like the looks of heartenders more than Lifetakes, so Slaughtertrope or Cauldren guard is a really tough choice :) 

Archived