Want to start Fimir - What is there?

AthlorianStoners

2 hours ago, meet.the.doctor said:

Currently there is only one warscroll with 2 weapon options.  And 4 models - 3 regular Fimirs and one champion - Fimirach Noble. But all of them use the same warscroll for the unit.

There are new models coming but no one knows when

Ah ok that explains my confusion, I thought the range was larger.  Still, I may start and try get 500 points or so as a base 

@AthlorianStoners - Unfortunately you can't build a legal Firmir army at the moment due to the lack of a leader. What I'd be inclined to do is use the Noble model with rules from the Megaboss or Tyrant. Then just round out with a couple of units of the base guys. Ruleswise they are actually really good imo. As @meet.the.doctor said, there definitely is new stuff coming so wouldn't hurt to get a bunch of the basic guys painted up ahead of some new releases.

4 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@AthlorianStoners - Unfortunately you can't build a legal Firmir army at the moment due to the lack of a leader. What I'd be inclined to do is use the Noble model with rules from the Megaboss or Tyrant. Then just round out with a couple of units of the base guys. Ruleswise they are actually really good imo. As @meet.the.doctor said, there definitely is new stuff coming so wouldn't hurt to get a bunch of the basic guys painted up ahead of some new releases.

Oh ok sweet. Looking at the warscroll I see they have options for the Noble, Banner and Musician. So I’ll look at maybe getting the unit of three, the noble and maybe modding up another two.

5 minutes ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Oh ok sweet. Looking at the warscroll I see they have options for the Noble, Banner and Musician. So I’ll look at maybe getting the unit of three, the noble and maybe modding up another two.

Sounds like a solid plan! I would certainly expect them to release models for the Banner and Musician options down the line.

Archived