Can a Gaunt Summoner still get disc or familiars?

multiarms

Help clarify this for me.

Is the warscroll for Gaunt Summoner in the DoT battletome considered "updated" in the sense that the older scrolls from Grand Alliance:Chaos and Everchosen battletome, etc. are no longer valid?

Or can they still get optional disc or familiars for an extra 20  points in matched play?

7 hours ago, multiarms said:

Help clarify this for me.

Is the warscroll for Gaunt Summoner in the DoT battletome considered "updated" in the sense that the older scrolls from Grand Alliance:Chaos and Everchosen battletome, etc. are no longer valid?

Or can they still get optional disc or familiars for an extra 20  points in matched play?

Gaunt Summoner & Chaos Familiars is in the General's Handbook 2017 in Disciples of Tzeentch for 140pts.

The Gaunt Summoner has an entry in "Everchosen" which would be the one riding the disc for 120pts. I suspect the reason he is the same pts cost as the one on foot from DoT is that his spell is weaker against most targets. 

Both are still completely legal in matched play as they both have pitched battle profiles in GH 2017.

10 hours ago, themortalgod said:

Gaunt Summoner & Chaos Familiars is in the General's Handbook 2017 in Disciples of Tzeentch for 140pts.

The Gaunt Summoner has an entry in "Everchosen" which would be the one riding the disc for 120pts. I suspect the reason he is the same pts cost as the one on foot from DoT is that his spell is weaker against most targets. 

Both are still completely legal in matched play as they both have pitched battle profiles in GH 2017.

I do not find the listing for 140 pts in GHB17.

I think my confusion stems from the fact that there are 3 different warscrolls for Gaunt Summoner, published in at least 4 different locations:

1. Everchosen battletome - Gaunt Summoner described on disc. This same warscroll is also included in the Grand Alliance: Chaos book in the Everchosen section. He's listed as 120 points in the GHB17 pitched battle profile under Everchosen.

2. WH Quest Silver Tower - with familiars. Listed as 120 points in the GHB17 under DoT. There is also another Gaunt Summoner (without the familiars) immediately following in the DoT list, who is also listed at 120. Presumably this is the Summoner on disc and uses the Everchosen/Chaos warscroll?

3. Disciples of Tzeentch battletome - Gaunt Summoner on foot without familiars. He is listed as 100 pts in the pitched battle profile at the back of the DoT book, and there are no other Gaunt Summoners listed on that particular chart.

I believe that the DoT battletome is the most recently published pitched battle profile, but I'm not sure whether that therefore nullifies the profiles listed in GHB17??

I suppose my interpretation is that all three are still viable options. You can have Summoner on foot for 100, or Summoner with disc for 120, or with familiars for 120. The confusion seems to be because there are multiple warscrolls and also 2 different pitched battle profiles which do not contain the exact same info (although they do not necessarily contradict one another explicitly).

Also, GW still sells all 3 variations of the summoner model. 

DoT is not the most recently published profile. DoT was published in January 2017. GH 2017 was published in Aug 2017, 8 months later. 

The points costs in GH2017 are the authority at this time.

120 for GS in DoT

140 for GS with Familiars

120 for GS on Disc (from Everchosen)

10 hours ago, themortalgod said:

DoT is not the most recently published profile. DoT was published in January 2017. GH 2017 was published in Aug 2017, 8 months later. 

The points costs in GH2017 are the authority at this time.

120 for GS in DoT

140 for GS with Familiars

120 for GS on Disc (from Everchosen)

In Generals Handbook 2017 the Gaunt Summoner with Chaos Familiars is 120points not 140.

17 hours ago, Praecautus said:

It is almost like all 3 are meant to be interchangeable (hah Tzeentch). The one on the disc is not mentioned at all in the ghb2017. The warscrolls for all 3 are disciples and everchosen.

All of the “Gaunt Summoner” units are identical from a points perspective at 120 points

There was never any “On Disc” reference for any warscroll with the GS.

There is a “Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars” Warscroll. (In the Silver Tower section.)

And two warscrolls labeled “Gaunt Summoner”.

The two “Gaunt Summoner” warscrolls (one from everchosen and one from DoT) have different spells, and one is on disc the other on foot.

However their KEYWORDS are slightly different. 

The GS on disc doesn’t have ARCANITE as a keyword, which limits available Command Traits and Artefacts available. So ... faster movement ... fewer choices for Artefacts and Command Traits (If you have them set as your general.) (Mortal and Arcanite both can choose the same spells.)

Archived