Beastclaw Raiders 2000pt New AoS player

DraagDarkfire

Hi everyone, I am an old WHFB player who decided to return to the hobby with AoS after a break of almost 2 years.

I am a Beastmen player at heart but i cannot deny i have always been attracted to the BCR and their mounts; and given that they had their own Battletome i decided to go for it.

I spent the past week reading online and found a lot of information about how the nerfs and their current state, however all material was quite old and was wondering whether anything changed.

I have put together the list below and would like your feedback on it. 

1x Huskard on Thundertusk - Pelt - General - Ever winter master - Blood vulture
1x Huskard on Thundertusk - Blood vulture
1x Butcher w cauldron
1x Butcher w cauldron

4x Mournfangs (full command)
2x Mournfangs (full command)
2x Mournfangs (full command)

3xYheetees
3xYheetee

2x Sabres
2x Sabres

I would like to fit a skal in this list but am at a loss on what to take out. Any tips would be greatly appropriated 

I don't see anything wrong with the above list as long as you already own the models. If you are  just returning to the hobby and plan on learning the game with this list and playing with friends then I think its great. You have a bit of everything and will have fun with it.

From a competitive sense this list just doesn't have it. But if you are not planning on rocking up to a local tournament then there is no issue. I would recommend trying this list out. Learning how to play, where to move, how to pick targets, etc. Then take it from there.

I wouldn't go spending a ton of money thinking that the above is the end all be all list though.

Side note is I don't think 2x Mournfangs (full command) will work. Pick 2 command models because you only have 2 models in the unit (That is a little fuzzy actually because I don't think anything technically stops someone saying all models in a unit are command models, like a unit of 40 grots all with banners, but I would recommend playing wysiwyg ). That warscroll/points needs a rework imo making the min unit size 3 or 4.

17 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

From a competitive sense this list just doesn't have it. 

Side note is I don't think 2x Mournfangs (full command) will work. Pick 2 command models because you only have 2 models in the unit (That is a little fuzzy actually because I don't think anything technically stops someone saying all models in a unit are command models, like a unit of 40 grots all with banners, but I would recommend playing wysiwyg ). That warscroll/points needs a rework imo making the min unit size 3 or 4.

From a competitive sense - BCR just doesnt have it in general. But dont let that stop you writing some fun lists to have some fun games with.

From my memory of other forum threads and the FAQ, I think that you can have full command. The two mournfang models need to spread the banner and horn between them. But I believe there is nothing to stop one of them also being the leader, and taking the pistol.

Archived