Trying to build first 1000pt nurgle army, need help.

austinparisi42

Hi everyone, like the title says I'm trying to build my first army. I'm brand new to the game and I have purchased a few pieces so far so I was hoping someone could help me decide on the last points to finish out my 1000 based on what I'm already working with.

I currently have:

Poxbringer, Herald of Nurgle 120pt

Nurglings 100pt

Plague Drones 200pt

Plaguebearers 120pt

Putrid Blightkings 160

Which brings me to 700pt so far. Any suggestions welcome.

I bought another 5 blightkings and a lord of plagues to get me to 1000 but there are loads of options. You could alpha strike with Gutrot Spume and the blightkings for a deep threat or maybe get some more drones and use the poxbringer to activate their extra attacks.

Thank you for the suggestions. I like the idea of gutrot. I would much prefer to have one or two more pieces to paint instead of doing another unit of 5 or 10 pieces. Just for stylistic purposes I was wanting a large unique piece to lead my army. Would Bloab rotspawned or hoticulous slimex fit with this list?

Step 1 - Post in the right forum? :)

You're a little bit all over the place at the moment, so your first decision in 1k points is Daemons or Mortals.

Personally I'd suggest daemons, but you do have 10 Blight Kings and the Lord which do work well together.

Assuming you pick Daemons, a nice combo is to load up on a couple more boxes of Nurglings and add in Sloppity and Morbedix Twiceborn, to give you re roll ones to hit, +1 to wound, the option to heal a unit of Nurgling and you can inflict mortal wounds if you're close enough.

If you bulk out your Plaguebearers to 20 or 30 as well to fill out your Battleline, or get a box of Chaos Maurauders to do it on the cheap

160 points : daemon prince

General trait : breath or cycle turning

Artifact : endless gift

He can easy activate fly locus, 3 save with endless gift at 1000 is strong

140 gutrot : side him with the 5 kings

Nurglings and bearers as defenders with herald using cycle spell o mystic shield 

Archived