Wight king on "Skeletal Mount"

deynon

There are some idea that maybe never should see the sunlight... unlucklyly it exists also the moonlight

So I started from a miniature of a box that I bought some years ago... here you can see "hot to build it up"...

f9nmfs.jpg

Then you built it up from the scratch...

20sbq8g.jpg

And the n you take a normal Black knight to see if it can be used in a good way...

xf14wp.jpg

x6c2di.jpg

Now I was thinking about creating some armour to cover some parts and maybe using some ethereal flase on other ones... some suggestion to improve it?^^

3 minutes ago, Lucio said:

I think it's just too crude to use unless you happen to be an expert sculptor who could both carve the bones into a more detailed shape, and layer on greenstuff to give a much more detailed surface.

I'm not a good sculptor, but cause there are not avalaible skeleton mounts outside there I'm thinking to give a try. Some port as the tail and the head are simple to  morph. 

What it's really troublesome are the legs cuase they require quaite a bit of work.

Surely I'll need quite a bit of greenstuf^^

7 minutes ago, deynon said:

I'm not a good sculptor, but cause there are not avalaible skeleton mounts outside there I'm thinking to give a try. Some port as the tail and the head are simple to  morph. 

What it's really troublesome are the legs cuase they require quaite a bit of work.

Tyranid gaunts have lots of bony pieces that you could swap in for the parts that remained exposed after adding your greenstuff armour. Also i think the big box of skulls would be a good source for a head.

2 minutes ago, flemingmma said:

Tyranid gaunts have lots of bony pieces that you could swap in for the parts that remained exposed after adding your greenstuff armour. Also i think the big box of skulls would be a good source for a head.

I have those models, but there are more meat than bones and they are quite short too as size. Even taking note about a carnifex there is not so much bones to talk about, almost everything is about meat also there.

1 hour ago, deynon said:

Yes there are, quick Google turned up this link. Quality isn't amazing but it's better than this kit

http://www.battlezone-miniatures.co.uk/shop/category/199

• 9 months later...

Finally I realised my personal wight king. the project has taken a complete different path from the beginning one 

And cause I realised a complete video about it, I let you see it^^ 

The previous project anyway is still ongoing, simply I had another idea and I had to bring forth that.

Anyway any other suggestion is still welcome^^

6 minutes ago, Saikological said:

Cant you buy some secondhand old skellie steeds? Still seem them around here on buy/sell sites.

I have plenty of them.  I wanted something peculiar and a bit bigger.

I wanted something that could make my Wight king  recognizable on the field and not lost on sight. Something rurely much better than that awful GW one.

Archived