Mixed Destruction "within Ogre Kingdoms"

For  me 6 ironguts have performed surprisingly well, better than ogors. Damage 3 and rend are great, reach 2 makes it easy to pile in. 

Against good saves 12 ogors just cannot make it. No reach and no rend. 

Maneaters are good, but with save 5+ they melt fast. Something you don't want from 440 points worth of models. 

And Icefall Yhetees? Save 6+ is just a joke, but -1 to hit against Yetis in combat is great. 3 models cost 120p which Ogors do but at the full of unit has Ogors unit a bonus with 80p which Yhetees don't.

Two things I love with Yhetees are their mobility, Move 9, can pile in and attack within 6" instead of 3" which means they can retreat and pile in in the same turn, can run and charge if there is a Thundertusk within 16" of them. They have same stats as Ogors but they have -1 rend!

Three things I hate with Yhetees are their save, base size (50mm) and bravery 6. You know what it will happen when they're facing against Dwarf-pirates..

My opinion is that 2 units of 12 Ogors and an unit of 6 Ironguts is a great combined and a lot better if Tyrant is as general, they will stand longer than what they usually do. If someone Ogors have fled (you have just 24 ogors) then Ironguts can use his ability to active rerolls to hit, wound and save on 1s. When at least 1 Ogor has fled, then Tyrant can use his command ability to the another unit of Ogors to be immuned for the battleshock test.

Archived