Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S133arcanite

Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Sulfurious said:

Not sure about the Leviadon but I have a feeling the increased the price of the Aspect of the Storm so it couldn't be taken as an ally. 

Isn’t the new ally percentage 25? If so AoStorm is still going to be good to go in 2k games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They recommend taking an AoStorm in the mega faction focus, but I'm fairly sure that in Matched Play someone confirmed it's still 400 points. So it's not possible. 

EDIT: as an ally for an army like Order Serpentis. 

Edited by syph0n

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2018 at 10:03 PM, Drofnum said:

Not in the images I have seen, two separate sources showing Storm at 440 and Sea at 420.

4jAxRmF.jpg

I can't really see anything in this pic. Do we have a better photo anywhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Reeve said:

I can't really see anything in this pic. Do we have a better photo anywhere?

It's a screengrab from a video which wasn't particularly brilliant quality anyway. I think it was perhaps intentionally difficult to read?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, syph0n said:

It's a screengrab from a video which wasn't particularly brilliant quality anyway. I think it was perhaps intentionally difficult to read?

I'm just saying, considering how difficult to read it is, how sure are we of these point increases. I'm still very surprised that they are making any changes whatsoever. Maybe we should get some better sources before we start freaking out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reeve said:

I'm just saying, considering how difficult to read it is, how sure are we of these point increases. I'm still very surprised that they are making any changes whatsoever. Maybe we should get some better sources before we start freaking out. 

Nah, people have confirmed most points values from reading the books themselves. It's not all from that video. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stormy1486 said:

I wanted to try reavers for holding objectives, taking pot shots, and screening my eels and heroes. 

But thralls hit really really hard against hordes, monsters and multiple wound heroes. I found the reavers would die to last minute attempts to push them off objectives. Their unusual fire didnt seem to synergise with much, whilst the thralls get the king bonus (if alive) or get more use from the monsters hunting (if i use that enclave).

Although one battle had against daughters of khaine (which i lost - two units of 30 witch elves buffed and 15 sisters as well, and i couldnt get to his buff makers) the guy recommended 6 ish, 2 x 6 morr, 2 x thralls.

Basically because eels are just so great and he felt 9 x eels was overkill, and if i was worried about  big monsters just send both units in or keep the monsters hunting trait (although the better wounding with mounts woulda been better against his army).

18 eels seems mean though...but effective, and technically only 3 more than what im running...

This was my biggest worry about the reavers, they just lack any punch and completely crumble against armoured targets. 
I also agree on multiples 6s, seems to work best with the eels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use reavers the way I would have used the shark. To sprint over to objectives that are away from the main battle. In a 10 v 10 combat they roll a ton of dice. 

It's too bad because you know it's a shark.

Edited by whispersofblood
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that’s a very valid use of reavers. I’m satisfied with Thralls right now, although I would love to shoot down a few opponents before engaging, I find reavers can never do meaningful damage. Horses for courses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that they will probably die, I was picturing small units of reavers leading the charge protecting the stuff behind them from shooting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, newsun said:

Given that they will probably die, I was picturing small units of reavers leading the charge protecting the stuff behind them from shooting.

For this is better Eternal Guard or something similar. It will cost 70 points so for the price of a unit of reavers u got 20 guys with 5+ and reroll 1s. if they are in cover 4+ reroll 1 and 2s, and if they dont move and in cover u get 3+ reroll 1 and 2s

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, syph0n said:

Nah, people have confirmed most points values from reading the books themselves. It's not all from that video. 

I see, well I really don't understand why they raised the points on the Leviadon.  Guess +1 save is really unique and powerful in the new edition or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I think I will run the following for AoS 2.0:

Enclave: Ionrach

Voltrunos (General)

Lotann

Aspect of the Sea

Tidecaster

 

20x Thralls

6x Spear Aelves

 

If the point changes are correct that should leave me with 540 points to spend on Allies and endless spells, so I am looking at using the new Stormcasts from the upcoming starter set plus a number of my favorite spells (the Gemenids and the Cogs for sure) and Purple Sun or Pendulum if points allow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hoseman said:

For this is better Eternal Guard or something similar. It will cost 70 points so for the price of a unit of reavers u got 20 guys with 5+ and reroll 1s. if they are in cover 4+ reroll 1 and 2s, and if they dont move and in cover u get 3+ reroll 1 and 2s

They must shoot nearest IDK unit though. This protects everything behind from shooting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, newsun said:

They must shoot nearest IDK unit though. This protects everything behind from shooting.

Enemies must shoot at the closest target; a non-IDK unit in front of an IDK unit will protect it from shooting. However, non-IDK units (like an allied spellweaver) may be always be targeted because they don’t get that rule.

And EG are better than shield eels at taking damage, per point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh it does not matter affiliation for closest. Any unit will do. Then what I'm saying only may apply to running a foot conclave where you are forced to take some reavers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres an enclave that non ID ally units get the ID bufs so a soulscryer moving with EG next to an objective with a shipwreck to give cover makes the enemy shooting to must focus that EG. Behind EG could be thralls or reavers coming from behind, with soulscryer, AoSea and Tidecaster support could work to take an objective almost 3 turns without trouble. Then on the other side 9 morsarr and 3 ishlaen (or 9 and 6 or 6 and 6) with King or Volturos and Allopex or more eels or Judicators if u want distance I think its a nice thing to try.

The things I don't have clear yet are magic, enclave and artifact ;)

Edited by Hoseman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Theres an enclave that non ID ally units get the ID bufs so a soulscryer moving with EG next to an objective with a shipwreck to give cover makes the enemy shooting to must focus that EG. Behind EG could be thralls or reavers coming from behind, with soulscryer, AoSea and Tidecaster support could work to take an objective almost 3 turns without trouble. Then on the other side 9 morsarr and 3 ishlaen (or 9 and 6 or 6 and 6) with King or Volturos and Allopex or more eels or Judicators if u want distance I think its a nice thing to try.

The things I don't have clear yet are magic, enclave and artifact ;)

Nope that Enclave only gives tou Tides Allegiance Ability not Forgotten Nightmares, so it wont work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Nope that Enclave only gives tou Tides Allegiance Ability not Forgotten Nightmares, so it wont work. 

They don’t need the forgotten nightmares ability. They still screen from shooting (and combat too why not). 

Im toying with a 3 rank tactic for my Deepkin: eternal gaurd up front, then thralls, followed by reavers. Will it be effective? Who knows, but it’ll look pretty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you can't use Soulscryer ability with EG anyway. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a bit lost on the idea that EG are the best filler unit.  I almost never see them in mixed Order lists, so why are they all of a sudden better than Thralls or Reavers here? Is it entirely cost based? Bc I think that is ignoring many in-faction benefits.

If you take Soulrenders, Thralls are better especially under Mor'phann.  Reavers just seem better in general due to speed (which works quite well with Tides of Death) and the ability to shoot.  I understand the desire to have a cheap unit, but we really don't need a cheap roadblock.  Roadblocks are better found in Ishlaen (though not cheap) and I would say our faction in general isn't meant to be slow or holding things off.  We move fast and position for strikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...