Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

11 minutes ago, Kaleun said:

Seriously I like that theme that you posted!! The whole "cold misty swap" style could be very impressive.

I am actually curious, anyone here actually played the old albion themed campaign back in the day? That was a really long time ago!

1-fa3cfca29b.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played it. Actually just painted my Truthsayer last year for my Life realm Order army. Took a while to finish...

There are a lot of possibilities with the mist theme. Illusions, will-o-wisps to lure enemies, hit modifiers, teleports, retreat bonuses...

3 hours ago, DantePQ said:

Wild guess I think they might be like Shadow Aelves/old Wood Elves  neither good nor evil just about their business. 

If so , they might be available as allies to Wanderers.  That would get my vote.

14 minutes ago, Kaleun said:

Is the Albion Campaign book somewhere in the internet?

Yes, you can find it on scribd and you can read it wholly without registration.

16 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

I played it. Actually just painted my Truthsayer last year for my Life realm Order army. Took a while to finish...

@Jamopower, great idea. Are you using that Truthsayer as  Collegiate Arcane wizard?

On 2018-03-02 at 11:31 AM, Soulsmith said:

Stand me corrected, good points all around, cya scourge privateers!

As much as I love warcraft's naga, I think it'll be more like MTG merfolk:

Image result for mtg merfolk art

If they would look anything like this. I'm sold!

8 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

I am actually curious, anyone here actually played the old albion themed campaign back in the day? That was a really long time ago!

1-fa3cfca29b.jpg

Yeah, it was my favourite campaign ever and in general a great set up. That’s why I  got so excited about the malign portents with the prophet’s. 

People still posting they hope they look like whatever when the person who has seen them already says they are heavily greek themed and look like kairic acolyte bodys with spite revenant heads.. is there some other leak that I don't know about that says they are mer-people?

On 3/2/2018 at 7:05 PM, Acid_Nine said:

Plus, I think they could have something fun like a water portal or misty area they can appear from, almost like a wild-woods. All I hope is they just don't take yet another faction and make it terrain based like sylvaneth. I don't wanna buy  $500 worth of puddles.

Like the ship that was already leaked and said to be just like the sylvaneth wyldwood? 

30 minutes ago, TrippG11 said:

People still posting they hope they look like whatever when the person who has seen them already says they are heavily greek themed and look like kairic acolyte bodys with spite revenant heads.. is there some other leak that I don't know about that says they are mer-people?

I haven’t heard the part about the model comparisons. Source? Also if true that might kill my interest. I wasn’t expecting monsterous ones but at least more deformed than that. Hopefully the models look better in reality than the lame mashup of models in my head does. 

6 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

I haven’t heard the part about the model comparisons. Source? Also if true that might kill my interest. I wasn’t expecting monsterous ones but at least more deformed than that. Hopefully the models look better in reality than the lame mashup of models in my head does. 

To quote post from a recent thread on the AoS thread on /tg/ see the url below http://boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/58014195 (url has since been taken down)

"Is a complete new line like kharadrons Underwater aesthetic mix greek atlanteans and eldar corsair. They have been hiding in underwater cities and have control over some sea fauna, water and mist. I cannot be more specific but the apparently reason for being hiding is that they hides something in secret. Beautiful models, same size that blood bowl elven union and some models have great potential for conversions into custom exodites"

"The new aelf range are Mathlann followers"

"Atlantean aesthetic, some are very similar to Kairic Acolytes with Spite-Revenants face, anothers looks a lot more eldar - Mistweaver Saih are part of the range."

About the glub glub video "This is an actual piece of scenery GW is going to sell, and that will have its own rules like the Sylvaneth Wyldwood. It's part of the entire Sea Aelves new range, which are absolutely stunning visually, will have tons of sea creatures to ride, one of which is MASSIVE, and unique high cost heroes with crazy design. Also forget about the Cthullu look, their design is closer to Atlantean Spartans."

Oh I did see this but as a AoS newbie had no idea those were models. Hmmm... I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt until I see them as the overall theme and aesthetic is better sounding than the model mash up. I hope they aren’t weird glowy faces and look more aquatic ish. 

Check out Morathi on GWs Homepage:

The Shadow Queen is another prospect entirely – standing almost 3 times taller and posed in a far more aggressive manner, this miniature will make a splendid centrepiece for any Daughters of Khaine collector. In this form, her furious serpentine aspect dominates, with the lower half of her body given over to a long, sinister snake-form which coils and twists around a massive stone column. Her top half wears the same armour, with the same headdress and Heartrender – but her hair has been replaced by snakes, and the wings have become expansive and scaly, with huge chitinous points ready to impale the unwary. The base features an unfortunate aelf, turned to stone and broken in half by Morathi’s gaze.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Daughters-Of-Khaine-Morathi-2018

4 hours ago, stato said:

Surprised this hasn't been shared here...

Posted on Age of Sigmar Fan Network Facebook page, is that an Aelf... ? (Morathi's base)

IMG_1559.PNG

Must be the poor hero who confessed to Morathi on Valantine's day.

Archived