Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

3 hours ago, Sactownbri said:

The FAQ updated the attack characteristic to 6 for the leviadon harpoon launcher. Now the model has 12 shots.?

That was what I understood from the FAQ... But could be just an interpretation.

Another question: are AotS forced to choose the enclave signature spell? The rule does especifies that "Tidecasters" will now the spell, does it means that the binding keyword is not "Wizard", hence the Eidolon can still choose from the regular lore, I assume...?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Thalion said:

That was what I understood from the FAQ... But could be just an interpretation.

Another question: are AotS forced to choose the enclave signature spell? The rule does especifies that "Tidecasters" will now the spell, does it means that the binding keyword is not "Wizard", hence the Eidolon can still choose from the regular lore, I assume...?

It only affects the Tidecaster(s) in your battleforged army. The Aspect does not have the Tidecaster keyword.

17 hours ago, Sactownbri said:

The FAQ updated the attack characteristic to 6 for the leviadon harpoon launcher. Now the model has 12 shots.?

It definitely isn't 12 shots. Relevant passage from the Q&A Djoblo linked above:

Q: What happens if I have two of the same weapon? Do I
double the number of attacks made by the weapon?
A: If models are armed with identical weapons they do
not double the number of attacks, but will usually gain
an extra ability instead

It's six attacks total, which represents two harpoon launchers. 

On 5/17/2018 at 11:07 AM, Namiriel said:

The above combined with 2nd edition's "non general characters getting to use command abilities" means you can also do the above with Volt included. Gross. 

And if you have a keyword king, a Tidecaster and Soulscryer with a bunch of eels, it's pretty easy to make that a two drop. 

Agreed. The only part that is a bummer is that you won't ever be able to use his primary Command Ability because it is worded that he has to be the general.

I have to say, they really took their time with this Battletome. Very carefully worded.

Dear,

Could you share any ideas(or images) on making idoneth  soldiers in full armor? or just how to cover naked body parts.

I though that a dont want to paint too much flesh and want to make them more knighs alike.

Thank you

13 minutes ago, Botinok said:

Dear,

Could you share any ideas(or images) on making idoneth  soldiers in full armor? or just how to cover naked body parts.

I though that a dont want to paint too much flesh and want to make them more knighs alike.

Thank you

Perhaps buy some fully-armoured Aelves such as Blackguard and put Thrall heads on them?

On 5/17/2018 at 8:07 AM, Namiriel said:

And if you have a keyword king, a Tidecaster and Soulscryer with a bunch of eels, it's pretty easy to make that a two drop. 

I don't see this??? 

The soul scryer and any who join him are each separate drops. As per the wording of the rule. 

Hey all, the London GT just finished (around 66 players). The highest ranking Idoneth list, placing 7th: (Matt Hinton)

Fueathan Enclave

Isharann Tidecaster- General, Born from Agony, Steed of Tides
Isharann Tidecaster- Tide of Fear
Isharann Soulscryer
Eidolonn of Mathlann, Aspect of the Sea- Augury Shells, Abyssal Darkness

10x Reavers
10x Reavers
10x Reavers
9x Ishlaen Guard
3x Morsarr Guard
3x Morsarr Guard

Balewind Vortex

36 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

Hey all, the London GT just finished (around 66 players). The highest ranking Idoneth list, placing 7th: (Matt Hinton)

Fueathan Enclave

Isharann Soulscryer

10x Reavers
10x Reavers
10x Reavers
9x Ishlaen Guard
3x Morsarr Guard
3x Morsarr Guard

Balewind Vortex

Looks pretty cool. Suprized to see reavers and not allying in dark shards who do more damage early on and over two turns would pump out more than the reavers would (assuming they don't get in shot gun range turn 1).  Similarly kinari are in abit the same boat but abit squishier.

Steed of tides aspect of the sea coming in big as i had though before. Putting it on a vortex to me still seems pretty questionably expensive. I see it boosting the cover bonus range from abyssal darkness so you can more freely move the ishlaen guard. 

Like the heavy ishlaen focus  and the go for the 2+ save.  Also good number of tide casters i'm currently rocking 3 of them

59 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

Fueathan Enclave

Isharann Soulscryer

10x Reavers
10x Reavers
10x Reavers
9x Ishlaen Guard
3x Morsarr Guard
3x Morsarr Guard

Balewind Vortex

Are you sure about the list? Looks like 2020 points to me.

32 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

Looks pretty cool. Suprized to see reavers and not allying in dark shards who do more damage early on and over two turns would pump out more than the reavers would (assuming they don't get in shot gun range turn 1).  Similarly kinari are in abit the same boat but abit squishier.

Steed of tides aspect of the sea coming in big as i had though before. Putting it on a vortex to me still seems pretty questionably expensive. I see it boosting the cover bonus range from abyssal darkness so you can more freely move the ishlaen guard. 

Like the heavy ishlaen focus  and the go for the 2+ save.  Also good number of tide casters i'm currently rocking 3 of them

Those changes would leave the list with no battle line options. 

My fuethan build doesn't look significantly different, I like it because it saves points on the King, and buffs reaver shooting. I'm just not 100% sure the shooting is even worth the buff, but some shooting is always nice.

2 hours ago, whispersofblood said:

Those changes would leave the list with no battle line options. 

My fuethan build doesn't look significantly different, I like it because it saves points on the King, and buffs reaver shooting. I'm just not 100% sure the shooting is even worth the buff, but some shooting is always nice.

yeah just figured that out.  I'd rather save points on the reavers <.< think 1 king might do more al lgame than 3 units of reavers x.x. That said i haven't really messed with the reavers at all because they look so meh on paper.  

Also the reavers can play a decent  objective holding role. 

Interesting. I really want to run a list with multiple reavers. 

What's the general go to strategy for that list... Tidecaster summons vortex and then teleports Eidolon amongst the enemy lines? Ishlaen move up the board as reavers mop up the objectives behind them? Then the morsarr move with Soulscryer? 

4 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

Fueathan Enclave

Isharann Soulscryer

10x Reavers
10x Reavers
10x Reavers
9x Ishlaen Guard
3x Morsarr Guard
3x Morsarr Guard

Balewind Vortex

Really interesting list. 

Also, that is a hobby BEAST to assemble and paint that many Akhelian Guard in what, 24 hrs!

5 hours ago, Kaedus said:

Interesting. I really want to run a list with multiple reavers. 

What's the general go to strategy for that list... Tidecaster summons vortex and then teleports Eidolon amongst the enemy lines? Ishlaen move up the board as reavers mop up the objectives behind them? Then the morsarr move with Soulscryer? 

I would assume you teleport the aspect up the table. Set the fortex up middle of the table. Doubling the cover bubble range 18" circles of covers in the middle of the table. Throw down tsunami while you are on that vortex. Then make a wall with the ishlaen, and grab objectives with reavers/tide casters, and kill what you gotta with morrsarr.

I'[d imagine 2+reroll stardrake would be a nightmare to go against, as it's mostly mortal wounds and and the stardrake more or less needs to be put down in a single turn or else it's alive all game.  The ishlaen try to wall off change host from making it up the table as well.  Good against KO, other list i'm saure give it some trouble. 

8 minutes ago, Skevin said:

what is the Matt Hinton list ?

I posted it previously-

Fueathan Enclave

Isharann Soulscryer

10x Reavers
10x Reavers
10x Reavers
9x Ishlaen Guard
3x Morsarr Guard
3x Morsarr Guard

Balewind Vortex

How does a Balewind Vortex effect Vorpal Maelstrom? Is it only  the 18" range or is it the 3" damage range as well? That is would it be a 36"/6" range? My gut says that its 36"/3", but on the other hand it says "double the range of any spell" and the 3" is a range of the spell.

On 5/19/2018 at 9:31 AM, mmimzie said:

I don't see this??? 

The soul scryer and any who join him are each separate drops. As per the wording of the rule. 

You take 2 formations :Ankhelion Corps and... Royal Court(?) 

I'm a bit confused.

The command point leaks tell us we can use command points to use the command abilities of non-general heroes.  Yet the wording of  ID hero command abilities is: "If x is your general, then......"  This wording seems to imply that such command abilities CANNOT be used with command points on non-general heroes. 

Seems very significant with the Tidecaster. I'd like to use her command ability to reverse the order of the Tides of Death (great with Futhan) yet have Volturnous as my General (so I can give 3x units +1 attack on turn 2 in light of tidecaster ability).

Archived