Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to tell you how I know and you can take it with any sea salt u want but...

The deepkin are not exactly the good guys in fact they are not exactly order per-se, they play more like the dark eldar, and their main reason for fighting is to capture the souls of others in other words they raid to steal souls to feel and have emotions but can't retain it for long. Think mermaids but not the disney version but the historical one.

The deepkin can fight on land as if they are still in water, in fact the models looks as if they are still swimming, this is because when they raid the area has a spell casted on it that allows them to fight normally, The models hair for example looks like its still floating in water best example of the effect is like the latest pirates of the caribbean movie where salazar mates if u notice their hair is somewhat as if submerge and floating underwater. The looks are somewhat mix greek and bit dark in nature. 

Their mounts for the calvary like models are on shark looking things. There is a turtle too which is its center piece model. There is about 8 kits all together which will take up the whole month leading up to AOS 2. 

Thanks a lot for the intel!

What happens if the Spell which holds the Deepkin "in the air" is banned? :D

image.png.59504780014db3944273574efe4198cf.png

Guess the Shark Riders are a bit slower then.

The heck is AoS 2? If it involves getting rid of the asinine initiative mechanic then good on them, but I am still curious to see what it entails for my soul blight...

other than that how would a spell like that work? Would it make them fly? Give them resistance through the air just like water resistance to a swimmer? Make it so the enemy cannot breathe while they can? Kinda strange but it would give them better reason why they have shark Calvary or fast moving turtle dragons as a threat (still, still holding out for a sea drake or a kraken though!)

that said, now I want my armies on parade to be soulblight jousting against manic soul-sucking elves riding giant sharks...

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, Harvan said:

Not going to tell you how I know and you can take it with any sea salt u want but...

The deepkin are not exactly the good guys in fact they are not exactly order per-se, they play more like the dark eldar, and their main reason for fighting is to capture the souls of others in other words they raid to steal souls to feel and have emotions but can't retain it for long. Think mermaids but not the disney version but the historical one.

The deepkin can fight on land as if they are still in water, in fact the models looks as if they are still swimming, this is because when they raid the area has a spell casted on it that allows them to fight normally, The models hair for example looks like its still floating in water best example of the effect is like the latest pirates of the caribbean movie where salazar mates if u notice their hair is somewhat as if submerge and floating underwater. The looks are somewhat mix greek and bit dark in nature. 

Their mounts for the calvary like models are on shark looking things. There is a turtle too which is its center piece model. There is about 8 kits all together which will take up the whole month leading up to AOS 2. 

lol. This is what I heard as well. 

Arthur's scale varies between yellow and orange depending on the colorist.  Yellow is also kind of a bear to paint, largely because Yriel and Bad Moon yellows are so transparent.  You could, of course, make it gold rather than yellow.  The Citadel golds are really nice.  The green you can probably paint the same way as GW recommends orc skin - Waaagh flesh, Biel-tan wash, Warboss then Skarsnik.

4 hours ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Arthur's scale varies between yellow and orange depending on the colorist.  Yellow is also kind of a bear to paint, largely because Yriel and Bad Moon yellows are so transparent.  You could, of course, make it gold rather than yellow.  The Citadel golds are really nice.  The green you can probably paint the same way as GW recommends orc skin - Waaagh flesh, Biel-tan wash, Warboss then Skarsnik.

I think Bronze Scorpion, washed in Nuln Oil Gloss and picked out in Fulgrite Copper would look good for a "Classic Aquaman" scale mail armor.

I was a huge fan of New 52 Aquaman by Geoff Johns and am one of the few whom will defend that Aquaman is awesome.

6 hours ago, DantePQ said:

@Qaz anything more you can tell us ? Please :P 

Haha. Not that much more unfortunately. I heard by ear almost  the same words from what @HarvanHarvan wrote other than the tidbit about AOS 2. It's like it's the same source. 

I think that we will find out shortly anyways. 

Archived