Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

1 hour ago, Hoseman said:

Feel epic but I would change to Volturnos and one unit of 6 to fit a tidecaster because maybe u need a dispel or something and I like his debuf + volturnos buff to more units almost bufs all the army

I dont know about vulturnous I think if you want to go for the power turn 3, and want to do it reliably the king might be best with cloud of midnight, +2 wounds, and arriving via soul scryer. Then you bring him on turn 2 and use midnight to make sure he lives. 

Vulturous is stronger but a tad bit less reliably against some armies.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was a serious army list :P

I can't decide between Volturnos and King but I tend to prefer the King.

I like to have all the army on my list intead of Leviadon, I know its not the most optimal but I like to have half namarti and half sea creatures.

The thing I still cant see is the cange of tides. I see to having the third turn on turn two for armys with soulscryer teleport and going on charge turn one or two, but the other turns are useless or I'm missing something? If we can retreat on turn 1 is useless because it's turn one and all I can do is make a charge so never will use that. Third turn I can run and shoot or charge, well maybe for reavers or a shark that killed something and is not in combat to go support someone... so I see this for armys with all ankhelian guard isn't it? 

Btw, is it good to spend almost 1k points in heroes? AoSea, King, Soulscryer, Tidecaster and Soulrender (or one tidecaster more), I see them all necesary :)

So with changes I'm onto 2 lists:

AoSea

King

Soulscryer

Tidecaster

10 Thralls

10 Reavers

Allopex

3 Ishlaen

2x6 Morsarr.

The second is 1x9 Morsarr and I can fit soulrender or one more Tidecaster and a deffensive unit like Eternal Guard

4 hours ago, Djoblo said:

Soon :

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin
- Enclave: Fuethan

Leaders
Akhelian King (240)
- General
Isharann Soulscryer (80)

Battleline
9 x Akhelian Morssarr Guard (420)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 156

Weak 

1 hour ago, Drofnum said:

Saw an image today confirming that Aspect of the Storm goes up 40 and Sea goes down 20.

Incorrect aspect of the sea cost the same still 440.

You can check the idoneth deep in Facebook page for images of the ID pts. 

3 hours ago, Hoseman said:

I thought it was a serious army list :P

I can't decide between Volturnos and King but I tend to prefer the King.

I like to have all the army on my list intead of Leviadon, I know its not the most optimal but I like to have half namarti and half sea creatures.

The thing I still cant see is the cange of tides. I see to having the third turn on turn two for armys with soulscryer teleport and going on charge turn one or two, but the other turns are useless or I'm missing something? If we can retreat on turn 1 is useless because it's turn one and all I can do is make a charge so never will use that. Third turn I can run and shoot or charge, well maybe for reavers or a shark that killed something and is not in combat to go support someone... so I see this for armys with all ankhelian guard isn't it? 

Btw, is it good to spend almost 1k points in heroes? AoSea, King, Soulscryer, Tidecaster and Soulrender (or one tidecaster more), I see them all necesary :)

So with changes I'm onto 2 lists:

AoSea

King

Soulscryer

Tidecaster

10 Thralls

10 Reavers

Allopex

3 Ishlaen

2x6 Morsarr.

The second is 1x9 Morsarr and I can fit soulrender or one more Tidecaster and a deffensive unit like Eternal Guard

Soulrender is kind of lack list without out a good number of namarti and  morphan enclave. 

Tidecasters are very solid casters with powerful spells at their disposal and become more damaged in ionrach. A conclave of tidecasters and a spell portal(60pts for that by the way) can do some significant damage.

Tidecaster as general seems best in fuathan or morphan. Fuathan because running and charging turn 1 with the new command abilities can easily result in a turn 1 charge from morrsarr followed by a powerful turn 2 follow up by virtue of just attacking first despite low damage output.  Morphan because you seek to strike while the iron is hot. Neutralize threats with a small squad of morphan, or shackling your oppo e t with a buffed unit of ishlaen. Morphan does better the more you can drag the game out, and not on sudden burst of damage. 

Aspect of the sea is pretty good, but at higher than 2k or games he starts to fall off usefulness. Mainly because d6 units isn't as important in big games. that said he's strong at 2k where 3 or 4 units can be half of many armies. Also he can be a good caster of endless spells. 

Soulcryer are great, but the more you take you start putting yourself in danger of not having enough stuff starting on the table to give you space to come on in the first place. 1 is a must take in every army, and if you are thinking of taking more. I might recommend going bromdar. 

Either king can be pretty great but will dictate your army heavily. Vulturnous works best with multiple small units to buff up. His command ability not being all that impressive to spam on himself. He can sit on the table and do things all game due to spell shield protecting him. 

The normal base king is also strong. If you bring a death start unit like 12 morsar or even just 9 and a lot of small defensive pieces. You can focus on buffing that unit. The normal king is more likely to pull off the turn 3 due to access to cloud of midnight. Allowing you to ignore a whole opponents phase.  Springing the king and his buff target onto the table turn 2, and using the cloud to ignore a significant chunk of either melee, spell, or even ranged damage. The ranged one seeming weird until you realize that king can also be positioned in front of your 9 or 12 morrsar and have his cloud absorb all shooting attacks. Or have the king absorb damage from a charge. Thus not just protecting himself but also his guard. 

Lots of options for us to experiment with for sure. 

List I’m imagining for 2000 points

volutrnos

aspect of sea 

soulscyer

tidecaster

6 morrs

6 ishlaen

30 thralls

buffs, tricks, some hard hitting, some armoured staying power, some body count for a different type of staying power on objectives.

200 points to spare with some games to figure out where these should go

I only found out yesterday that they updated the Leviadon warscroll to include that it has 6 shots with the razol shell harpoons!

...So we've got that going for us :P

Do we think the points increase is due to the change of mystic shield, and that it may be one of the only ays to get such a readily accessible save increase.

Plus, eliminating the possibility of taking it as an ally.

6 hours ago, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

I only found out yesterday that they updated the Leviadon warscroll to include that it has 6 shots with the razol shell harpoons!

...So we've got that going for us :P

Do we think the points increase is due to the change of mystic shield, and that it may be one of the only ays to get such a readily accessible save increase.

Plus, eliminating the possibility of taking it as an ally.

Taking it as an ally was already alittle pointless as its buff only effect ID. 

It could be bonuses to saves are getting and increase or getting out right changed. To prevent easy access to 2+ rerollables. 

12 hours ago, Stormy1486 said:

List I’m imagining for 2000 points

volutrnos

aspect of sea 

soulscyer

tidecaster

6 morrs

6 ishlaen

30 thralls

buffs, tricks, some hard hitting, some armoured staying power, some body count for a different type of staying power on objectives.

200 points to spare with some games to figure out where these should go

I like it! Seems like a nice all rounder. If I ran this I might consider spending the spare 200 points on they Royal Counsil battalion and a couple of endless spells/predatory spells.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:51 AM, Hoseman said:

A friend told me that someone on a GW store said that deepkin haven't had the sales that was expected... I don't know why and don't know if it's true but maybe the new box and new stormcast and nighthaunt hype made Deepkin hype gone too early?

What do you think? will we see deepking going on tournaments?? I think they have very nice units, almost all, but maybe not having almost anything nice at distance will make them less competitive?? I love them and I wanna finish painting them

Just a quick note on this.  If you look on the GW website right now under bestsellers for AoS, 7 of the top 14 are Deepkin.  Pretty decent sales I would say.

10 hours ago, Amradiel said:

My Idoneth deepkin hype died off :( The sea theme got to much for me. And I have a hard time liking their lore. I am now back to my Sylvaneth. Models I love, lovely lore and a playstyle that I really enjoy. 

I can understand u. I played wood elves and had an army of the 90s. Then when AoS started 20 years later with starter and made up a 2k army of Stormcast so as other things. I wanted to finish my elves but dancers, dragons and others didn't match the new wanderers army so I took sylvaneth starter, Alarielle, tree revenants and eternal guard to make a mixed army and I enjoyed it.

Then idoneth came and I'm painting the 2k points army I made. I'm very happy with them. They are beautiful models and they have new and cool rules. It's true we don't have so much distance attaks but u can ally with glade guard or treelord ancient at something.

12 hours ago, Amradiel said:

My Idoneth deepkin hype died off :( The sea theme got to much for me. And I have a hard time liking their lore. I am now back to my Sylvaneth. Models I love, lovely lore and a playstyle that I really enjoy. 

I had something similar happen with my interest in the faction.  I don't know what it was, I just fell out of love with the profiles, the points costs... even the models.

Hi guys super new here, I felt inspired to post after seeing the massive slow down of posts and negativity for this faction!

I was pretty disappointed after the Leviadon hike as I just finished painting the big boy! However In saying that it is now one of the few ways to get +1 to armor save in the game. With the new mystic shield  I think that having 6 Ishlaen guard as the spear tip to our army (or even 3) sounds like a great way to force the enemy into firing into them. I imagine that that we see the soulscryer being used a lot now! You have this flanking group (soulscryer+eels+a shark or more eels depending on how competitive you feel lol) and then this massive big hammer force coming up the middle that then splits on turn 2-3 to assault the enemies front line. 

Personally I would have rather seen thralls been a bit worse and be a bit more cheap, eels give you more attacks and wounds for the same price  so it makes them very hard to take! 

I definitely feel squeezed for points at 2000 but we can't have everything we want! But the play-style and models are still my favorite in the game.  I think once the new elves come out it will be very interesting to see them allied with the deepkin.

Speaking of, how do people feel about Ionrach? I feel that right now it's not too great, but if the new elves that eventually come out have some cool options I definitely see myself choosing these guys (especially with the new changes to magic, +1 to casting if great but only if you take both the sea and a tidecaster.

After trying out deepkin (compeditive) my list is lookong like this.

Volutornos - for buffs, hard hitting, mobile

Tidecaster - debuffs, unbind chance

Soulscyer - mostly for tricks - flanks, charge range - cruical for moments of flexibility

Aspect of sea - debuffs, healing, holding up units that dont deal well with large, armoured targets. He is tricky been so expensive and having so many different tools. It can be hard to get the most out of him. Can be really valuable. Cloak is essential if he needs to aggressively move across table or retreat. His two unbinds are def valuable to prevent eels and thralls getting debuffed.

9 morsarr guard - hard hitting, resilient, amazing. The worst problem is feeling so relient on them to be compeditive. 9 usually allows them to survive to do enough damage (such as killing a allarielle in one round!).

6 ishlaen guard - for absorbing damage and engage rend hordes/monsters. Vital at prolonged combat

3 x 10 thralls - lots of bodies to live, seperate units to avoid horde killing abilties and spells and bubble wrap if need.  These guys hit really hard against hordes and monsters. They die in droves though hence the 30 of them. They benefit greatly by aspect of sea for bravery tests, and the kings buffs.

I'm moving between futhan for extra damage from eels (which can def add up) and dhom-hain (which has proven amazing for guaranteeing kills across some of the big dangerous monsters).

1 hour ago, christophe said:

It makes me smile, seeing how most were like "Alopex cost too much !!" while building list full of under costed eels and Tidecasters, and GW reaction was "hum... right, lets nerf Leviadon then..."

I think this is the craziest thing, no one had a problem with Morrsar or the AotS at their points cost, yet they got lowered. People had issues with how much the AotSTORM and Leviadon costs, yet they got raised in cost. The Shark meanwhile is sitting in limbo where literally EVERYONE wants to use him but it's a struggle to do so.  All I feel like is that GW is going to absolutely destroy the eels in costs in the GHB2019. Who knows haha, really wish I was around in the meeting when they decided this was the way they wanted to go!

Regardless I will still include a shark in every list I make, the model is far too cool to say no! Rule of cool I say haha.

1 hour ago, Stormy1486 said:

After trying out deepkin (compeditive) my list is lookong like this.

Volutornos - for buffs, hard hitting, mobile

Tidecaster - debuffs, unbind chance

Soulscyer - mostly for tricks - flanks, charge range - cruical for moments of flexibility

Aspect of sea - debuffs, healing, holding up units that dont deal well with large, armoured targets. He is tricky been so expensive and having so many different tools. It can be hard to get the most out of him. Can be really valuable. Cloak is essential if he needs to aggressively move across table or retreat. His two unbinds are def valuable to prevent eels and thralls getting debuffed.

9 morsarr guard - hard hitting, resilient, amazing. The worst problem is feeling so relient on them to be compeditive. 9 usually allows them to survive to do enough damage (such as killing a allarielle in one round!).

6 ishlaen guard - for absorbing damage and engage rend hordes/monsters. Vital at prolonged combat

3 x 10 thralls - lots of bodies to live, seperate units to avoid horde killing abilties and spells and bubble wrap if need.  These guys hit really hard against hordes and monsters. They die in droves though hence the 30 of them. They benefit greatly by aspect of sea for bravery tests, and the kings buffs.

I'm moving between futhan for extra damage from eels (which can def add up) and dhom-hain (which has proven amazing for guaranteeing kills across some of the big dangerous monsters).

At the this is 100% the way to go IMHO, though if you aren't using a full 30 squad of thralls I'd take one as a squad of reavers, it's probably the only time I'd say to to do so. 

This is exactly the list I'm thinking. The thing I use thralls and reavers and not sure if take Soulrender or a unit of eternal guard. Other option is one more of thralls or eels

Allopex is too cool and I have one so I put it. Soulrender seems the hero that nobody wants and I see cool to return namarti but haven't played yet so maybe is not worth it

I wanted to try reavers for holding objectives, taking pot shots, and screening my eels and heroes. 

But thralls hit really really hard against hordes, monsters and multiple wound heroes. I found the reavers would die to last minute attempts to push them off objectives. Their unusual fire didnt seem to synergise with much, whilst the thralls get the king bonus (if alive) or get more use from the monsters hunting (if i use that enclave).

Although one battle had against daughters of khaine (which i lost - two units of 30 witch elves buffed and 15 sisters as well, and i couldnt get to his buff makers) the guy recommended 6 ish, 2 x 6 morr, 2 x thralls.

Basically because eels are just so great and he felt 9 x eels was overkill, and if i was worried about  big monsters just send both units in or keep the monsters hunting trait (although the better wounding with mounts woulda been better against his army).

18 eels seems mean though...but effective, and technically only 3 more than what im running...

25 minutes ago, Sulfurious said:

Not sure about the Leviadon but I have a feeling the increased the price of the Aspect of the Storm so it couldn't be taken as an ally. 

Isn’t the new ally percentage 25? If so AoStorm is still going to be good to go in 2k games. 

Archived