Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

What have people been thinking in regards to Akhelian Guard unit sizes. Which are you picking and why?

P.s. I'm unsure how discussing personal purchases or statistics from hearsay helps the group with playing and figuring out IDK tactics and strategy, this mostly seems like bloat posts regarding sales unless someone is quoting exact hard numbers.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the Allopex, I played a game last night with a group of 2 of them(proxied with my fulminators).  They did far better than I thought they would, killed off a couple 20 blocks of blood reavers and picked off a few wounds on some slaughterpriests while only taking about 4 wounds themselves.  I'm starting to think there may be a place for one or two in the army, maybe coming on with a Scryer and another unit.

14 minutes ago, Drofnum said:

Saw some new points leaks for us, I heard some people said nothing changed but I saw a few changes:

AoSea 420

Scryer 80

Morrsarr 140

The pics I saw were blurry, I figured it was the AoStorm that went up to 420, you're sure it was AoSea that went down? Because it looks like the other aspect is at 440 now.

Also, the pic I saw made it look like Leviadons are now 440?

2 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

The pics I saw were blurry, I figured it was the AoStorm that went up to 420, you're sure it was AoSea that went down? Because it looks like the other aspect is at 440 now.

Also, the pic I saw made it look like Leviadons are now 440?

You're right on the Aspect, I was thinking storm and typed sea. You're right on the Leviadon as well, I missed that one, but why in the world did he go up?

3 minutes ago, Drofnum said:

You're right on the Aspect, I was thinking storm and typed sea. You're right on the Leviadon as well, I missed that one, but why in the world did he go up?

I actually just found a different pic in a review, and it does look like it was the AoSea that went down 20 points, and both the AoStorm and Leviadon went up to 440, which makes no sense. Again, a little blurry, but I'm pretty sure you were right the first time.

I'm new here, would I be allowed to post a pic from a youtube video for reference?

2 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

I actually just found a different pic in a review, and it does look like it was the AoSea that went down 20 points, and both the AoStorm and Leviadon went up to 440, which makes no sense. Again, a little blurry, but I'm pretty sure you were right the first time.

I would be happy with AoSea going down, it would net me 120 points on my current list.

Another good thing is spaming command abilities seems prety confirmed with the new rules barring any sort of Generals hand book limitation. Meaning the king morrsarr bomb is still a thing. 

Also makes a good arguement for either the king hiding strat or the double king strat to make sure you have a king on the table for a big turn 3 bomb. 

Also with picking new general. You could make a tidecasterr your general. Swap the tides, bring said tidecaster on via soul scryer on turn 1, have her charge something that's really killy. Since your opponent is now forces to make all attacks they can. Then you can almost garenteee the tide caster will die in some cases. With the now dead tide caster you can elect your king as general, and then turn 2 morrsarr bomb. 

Thats a few tumblers that have to click into place, but it isn't all too unrealistic to do reguarly i'd think. 

Currently, i'm torn between a magic heavy list with an aspect of the sea and several tide casters. Using the endless spells and some or our stronger spell from out own lore to get a good early advantage, before bring on a hidden king with cloud of midnight and some morrsarr to clean up turn 3. In this one the morrsarr block is smaller like 6-9man squads, and has a 6-9man ishlaen guard unit for protecting all the casters. 

Or 

Running a marshal focused army with one big 12 man block of morrsarr and 2 kings,  with a few ishlaen and maybe a turtle. 

edit: NVM forget the turtle <.<

4 hours ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

Also, weirdly, none of the Idoneth points changes in the GH2018 have stars next to the units with changes, unlike every other faction (including those that weren't in GH2017 like DoK), so who knows where the typos are, if there are any...

because there's probably no point changes :v.

3 hours ago, Qaz said:

because there's probably no point changes :v.

The points did indeed change, and there is indeed no stars next to the points changes. 

Morrsarr  -20

Leviadon  +60

Sea aspect  -20

Storm aspect +40

17 minutes ago, Rollcage said:

The points did indeed change, and there is indeed no stars next to the points changes. 

Morrsarr  -20

Leviadon  +60

Sea aspect  -20

Storm aspect +40

Ah. The star means changed from previous general's handbook  so since there were no entry beforehand it isn't starred.

I stand corrected. 

Morsarr going -20 is fantastic!! With scryer, morsarr and AoSea going -20 I can fit one more Tidecaster without changing Volturos into King. Super happy with changes!!

Leviadon is a hard thing to use it, too much points. 

4 hours ago, Qaz said:

Ah. The star means changed from previous general's handbook  so since there were no entry beforehand it isn't starred.

I stand corrected. 

This is also inaccurate, because as I said in my post, Daughters of Khaine have changes indicated by stars despite not being in GH2017. It's bizarre.

Soon :

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin
- Enclave: Fuethan

Leaders
Akhelian King (240)
- General
Isharann Soulscryer (80)

Battleline
9 x Akhelian Morssarr Guard (420)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 156

57 minutes ago, Djoblo said:

Soon :

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin
- Enclave: Fuethan

Leaders
Akhelian King (240)
- General
Isharann Soulscryer (80)

Battleline

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 156

Feel epic but I would change to Volturnos and one unit of 6 to fit a tidecaster because maybe u need a dispel or something and I like his debuf + volturnos buff to more units almost bufs all the army

6 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Feel epic but I would change to Volturnos and one unit of 6 to fit a tidecaster because maybe u need a dispel or something and I like his debuf + volturnos buff to more units almost bufs all the army

I was joking, but yeah, if I want to be that guy, i'll probably run with 6+volti 

Archived