Enclave: Briomdar

Voltrunos (General)

Soulscryer x2

Morrsarr Guard x9

Ishlaen Guard x3

Ishlaen Guard x3

Leviadon

Allopex x2

Have both Soulscryers start off the board and each has 3 units join it in the ethersea. Meaning not single unit starts on the board. Deep strike when and where you want and 2 enemy units can be subject to the 3 inch bonus from my charges.

Turn two show up and charge with Ishlaens and Voltrunos to tie stuff up and turn 3 show up with Morrsarr, Leviadon, and Alloplexes and receive Voltrunos's attack bonus and throw them at whatever you want turned into red mist.

Honestly I could probably go with more efficient units here other than leviadon and alloplex but in this case I am conceding to the  Rule of Cool ;)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Reezark_SP said:

Current list I can't wait to try:

Enclave: Briomdar

Voltrunos (General)

Soulscryer x2

Morrsarr Guard x9

Ishlaen Guard x3

Ishlaen Guard x3

Leviadon

Allopex x2

Have both Soulscryers start off the board and each has 3 units join it in the ethersea. Meaning not single unit starts on the board. Deep strike when and where you want and 2 enemy units can be subject to the 3 inch bonus from my charges.

Turn two show up and charge with Ishlaens and Voltrunos to tie stuff up and turn 3 show up with Morrsarr, Leviadon, and Alloplexes and receive Voltrunos's attack bonus and throw them at whatever you want turned into red mist.

Honestly I could probably go with more efficient units here other than leviadon and alloplex but in this case I am conceding to the  Rule of Cool ;)

Love it :D

I'd be interested to hear how that list performs. I'd personally stack more Ishlaen over Morrsarr, But I'm fighting low armour (daughters / bonesplitterz) and rend immune (nighthaunt), so i'm biased to the higher attacks, no rend and cheaper points of Ishlaen for my games. 

The lists I'm leaning towards:

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin

- Enclave: Fuethan

LEADERS

Vulturnos, High King of the Deep (280) - General

Isharann Tidecaster (100)

Eidolon of Mathlann, Aspect of the Sea (440) - Artefact : Cloud of Midnight

Isharann Soulscryer (100)

UNITS

10 x Namarti Thralls (140)

10 x Namarti Thralls (140)

12 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (640)

1 x Akhelian Allopexes (140)

SCENERY:

Shipwreck x2

OR

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin

- Enclave: Fuethan

LEADERS

Vulturnos, High King of the Deep (280) - General

Isharann Soulrender (100)

Isharann Tidecaster (100)

Eidolon of Mathlann, Aspect of the Sea (440) - Artefact : Cloud of Midnight

Isharann Soulscryer (100)

UNITS

30 x Namarti Thralls (360)

3 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (160)

6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (320)

1 x Akhelian Allopexes (140)

SCENERY

Shipwreck x2

Not sure which to go with yet though, currently I own everything except all the Morrsar guard (only have 3 guard right now, going to purchase 2 to 3 more boxes soon). Any advice on the list? :)

@Kugane that second list is exactly my list. I use the unit of 3 eels as Ishlaen guard. And switching Volturnos into King would go 1940 points, so with the new rules that would give one extra command point.

I havent used it yet, I'm still painting... The first list is nice too. I like allopex, is a beautiful model but 12 eels are so temptable.

Tell us how u doing when try them!

1 hour ago, Hoseman said:

@Kugane that second list is exactly my list. I use the unit of 3 eels as Ishlaen guard. And switching Volturnos into King would go 1940 points, so with the new rules that would give one extra command point.

I havent used it yet, I'm still painting... The first list is nice too. I like allopex, is a beautiful model but 12 eels are so temptable.

Tell us how u doing when try them!

I want to get everything painted up first before I give them a go :), having a slight paint burn out on the thralls (painting 30 of them sucks with all the tiny details on the robes), at the current rate I should be done painting everything in 2 or 3 weeks and I can start playing. Hopefully the new rules rolled around by then^^

Having a lot of fun painting the Aspect of the Sea, but painting the water bit with a brush seems to be slightly above my skill level :/, getting there slowly though.

983209635_AOSday3(1).jpg.0b783d51fe48c1dc0dc49766f2c650fb.jpg

On 6/11/2018 at 9:23 AM, Reeve said:

What's the current verdict on the Leviadon in 1k games? 

Probably a little too much of a points investment at that point level. I feel like you'd want more bodies at lower point games, not necessarily big stuff.

15 hours ago, Sulfurious said:

I'm having trouble figuring out how to fit one into a 2k point list. I guess I'm just going hero heavy too much. 

What's your list? Fitting 1 into a 2k list shouldn't be too hard. 

9 hours ago, Keggers said:

Probably a little too much of a points investment at that point level. I feel like you'd want more bodies and lower point games, not necessarily big stuff.

Yeah true, it just has a lot of good stuff going for it. Some shooting, excellent melee, very tanky and utility for everyone around it. It's like the ultimate anchor to build your line around.

3 hours ago, Reeve said:

What's your list? Fitting 1 into a 2k list shouldn't be too hard.

My list is ever changing but right now every one  that I create seems to include Volturnos and an Aspect of the Sea.  I'm trying to incorporate Namarti and Akhelians into the same list but once I start adding in all the little tricks, I start running out of points. 

It's just my opinion but the Leviadon seems like one of those units that you need to build your list around and I haven't played around enough to know what that list looks like. 

2 hours ago, Sulfurious said:

My list is ever changing but right now every one  that I create seems to include Volturnos and an Aspect of the Sea.  I'm trying to incorporate Namarti and Akhelians into the same list but once I start adding in all the little tricks, I start running out of points. 

It's just my opinion but the Leviadon seems like one of those units that you need to build your list around and I haven't played around enough to know what that list looks like. 

My opinion is that you have to choose between an Aspect or a Leviadon. Either one can fit in most lists I think, but both are too many points in a small (model count) package.  

And I don’t think it’s that you have to build a list around either one. The Leviadon is complementary to both infantry and Akhelians. 

11 hours ago, Caladancid said:

My opinion is that you have to choose between an Aspect or a Leviadon. Either one can fit in most lists I think, but both are too many points in a small (model count) package. 

Seconding this. I tried to incorporate both models in a 2k list just because the models are so awesome. Unfortunately, no matter what I came up with, each list gave up too much in order to include both. So instead I made two separate lists, one with each, in order to get my fix for whatever mood I'm in!

A friend told me that someone on a GW store said that deepkin haven't had the sales that was expected... I don't know why and don't know if it's true but maybe the new box and new stormcast and nighthaunt hype made Deepkin hype gone too early?

What do you think? will we see deepking going on tournaments?? I think they have very nice units, almost all, but maybe not having almost anything nice at distance will make them less competitive?? I love them and I wanna finish painting them

Just now, Hoseman said:

A friend told me that someone on a GW store said that deepkin haven't had the sales that was expected... I don't know why and don't know if it's true but maybe the new box and new stormcast and nighthaunt hype made Deepkin hype gone too early?

What do you think? will we see deepking going on tournaments?? I think they have very nice units, almost all, but maybe not having almost anything nice at distance will make them less competitive?? I love them and I wanna finish painting them

I dont know that I believe that.  It seems just about everyone i follow on instagram/twitter is painting deepkin.

2 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Considering GW never really details how well a faction or even line is selling I wouldn't put too much stock into that. Add to that, that this is second hand information. Their staff members aren't all that more informed than we are as well. 

41 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

There were a few Deepkin armies in the latest GT list compilation on the main News page here.

If I had to guess, I would say a new edition hurts a new faction just because you can't be quite sure what they will look like.  But, I am not too worried, like @Drofnum said I see a lot of people painting up a new army.

Plus, you should paint them just because you love them.  Its a solid army collection even if we never get more models.

I hope we will see a lot of deepkin armys on future events. Its a very enjoyable army and there are a lot of tactics with shipwreck and some allies like heartrenders, eternal guard, sisters of thorn, or other ranged units, and the plus of the tides of the death and the rituals. I see a very complete army.

I'm totally sure this army wont have any change on the new edition because they have been released one month before new edition anounced. I just want finish painting them and go for a battle with friends... and I like all the models so my army has all instead of leviadon. I dont have sure the enclave yet but a soulscryer to teleport with thralls and reavers to an objective while deffensive and offensive eels with an allopex go to other is a nice try. Aspecto of Sea helping namarti, soulrender bringing back them, tidecaster debuf and Volturnos helping eels + allopex while all are next to shipwreck is what I wanna try.

I wanna try changing soulrender for another tidecaster and maybe get eternal guard to go with thralls and soulscryer as the reavers can run fast.

There are lots of combinations and for elves lovers with sylvaneth and wanderers armys like me is a must :) Alarielle + AoSea... too much points but very beautiful 

17 hours ago, Keggers said:

Seconding this. I tried to incorporate both models in a 2k list just because the models are so awesome. Unfortunately, no matter what I came up with, each list gave up too much in order to include both. So instead I made two separate lists, one with each, in order to get my fix for whatever mood I'm in!

Best I can come up with initially is

Seadolon

3x render

2x30 thrall

10 thrall or archers

Levi

Now if anyone else is anything like me then I can guarantee the Deepkin have been selling well because I have spent so much money on them in the last month (€200 just on eels, for instance ?) that it surely won't take many more fools easily parted from their cash by pretty sea creatures to turn a profit!

Archived