Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

Guys i have a question about that game. Every time less attacked with morrsarr guard , he rolled a dice first ( what that dice mean? Why he did it?)

at turn 1 he charged with morrsarr the plaguebrarers unit on the right. He rolled 4 dice for voltspear attacks each morrsarr when they got 2 attacks each .(3 attacks lochian Prince) do you know what happened? I cant find a rule that say something like that:(

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see people fielding heartrenders as allies and the idea to convert some into "mermaids" just hit me. Upper half of a heartrender and lower half of a blood sister? The blood sisters don't have very posable bottom halves, anyone have any ideas for a better mermaid appearance? 

6 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys i have a question about that game. Every time less attacked with morrsarr guard , he rolled a dice first ( what that dice mean? Why he did it?)

at turn 1 he charged with morrsarr the plaguebrarers unit on the right. He rolled 4 dice for voltspear attacks each morrsarr when they got 2 attacks each .(3 attacks lochian Prince) do you know what happened? I cant find a rule that say something like that:(

I can only assume here that the single dice was to work out the number of tail attacks the unit gets as you roll once for the unit. 

The other thing may be the once per game mortal wound blast as that has a range of 3”?

5 hours ago, Keggers said:

I see people fielding heartrenders as allies and the idea to convert some into "mermaids" just hit me. Upper half of a heartrender and lower half of a blood sister? The blood sisters don't have very posable bottom halves, anyone have any ideas for a better mermaid appearance? 

I think it'd be a shame to have Heartrenders stuck to the ground. Maybe use the back half of an eel? 

7 hours ago, Countmoore said:

I can only assume here that the single dice was to work out the number of tail attacks the unit gets as you roll once for the unit. 

The other thing may be the once per game mortal wound blast as that has a range of 3”?

So that's how the D3 attacks for the tail works? You just make one roll for the whole unit?  New to the game here. :)

1 hour ago, Sulfurious said:

So that's how the D3 attacks for the tail works? You just make one roll for the whole unit?  New to the game here. :)

I've always rolled a D3 for each model in the unit.  To resolve D3 damage attacks you roll a dice for each wound that was successful, so I would think attacks work similarly where you roll for each one individually.  It is probably in the FAQ's but I dont have time to look through them at the moment.

For random attacks it’s a single dice applied to all models in the unit. Damage is the exception to this general rule - see the Pages “Warscrolls” in each Battletome before the Battalions begin (e.g. page 89 of Legions of Nagash for example).

im in love with less list. On twitch he said  he wanna add 30 thralls into it. Basically:

volturnos

aspect of the storm

( idoneth manufact 5)

soulscryer

soulscryer

tidecaster

30 thralls

6 morrsarr

6 morrsarr 

tot 1980

i think the plan Is deploy 2x6 morrsarr units away from table and add them into the battle with soulscryers. I dont know if he will deploy away thralls too.im in love with that:)

6 hours ago, kozokus said:

I dont see a lot of lists involving tralls and infantry here. Is there any  consensus about them?

I include Thralls because I think that they really pack a punch and bring bodies to the table :)

15 hours ago, Kugane said:

Has anyone  considered 2 allopexes in cover of a leviadon shooting? I was considering a list with 30 thralls, 2x10 reavers, 2 allopex and a levia, but uncertain if that would do enough damage.

I’m running two allopex and Levi in a fuethan, akhelian Corp, eel heavy list. I’m not sure how well they’ll perform but rule of cool supersedes all else.

18 hours ago, Kugane said:

Has anyone  considered 2 allopexes in cover of a leviadon shooting? I was considering a list with 30 thralls, 2x10 reavers, 2 allopex and a levia, but uncertain if that would do enough damage.

Allopex has the Monster keyword so no cover. I think you are better off with Namarti and a soulrender if you are trying to use the Leviadon for cover. Or go full Akelian Corp and use Ishlaen Guard to soak up incoming shooting.

10 hours ago, Sactownbri said:

Allopex has the Monster keyword so no cover. I think you are better off with Namarti and a soulrender if you are trying to use the Leviadon for cover. Or go full Akelian Corp and use Ishlaen Guard to soak up incoming shooting.

I overlooked they are monsters. I already have a unit of 30 thralls and a soulrender, but I guess I may get a large unit of reavers in that case. Sort of want Volturnos or a king as general though, which may be an issue.

On another note... Anyone reckon the Aspect of the Storm or Sea will be better in AOS 2.0? Trying to figure out how to finish building mine. I plan to run 30 Thralls, and 9 to 12 Morsarr eels (storm I can fit 12 eels, sea I can fit 9). It seems quite difficult to magnetize.

1 minute ago, CDM said:

How is this be fanction doing? Do we think sales were high? Have there been many seen at tournaments etc?

Its a relatively new army and most tournaments require armies to be fully painted, so it'll probably take a few more months before there are lots of appearances. So far they seem to be doing decently in the tournament scene though.

Well aspect of the sea has endless spells of an option. Refilling to cast will make getting them off more realistic. A coven of tidecaster in the corner with an umbral spell portal recking havec from a cornwr could be a decent option. Letting us unload alot of our spells from a safe distance isn't to bad an idea. 

From there our damage/heal Pell on the aspect of the sea has abit more value due to weakens arcane bolt. 

Tidecaster using arcane corrosion can do long range  shot fro. The portals mouth later in the game when stuff gets in closer range. 

4 hours ago, CDM said:

How is this be fanction doing? Do we think sales were high? Have there been many seen at tournaments etc?

Don't worry my friend.  I've done my part buying many many creepy edgy ocean aelves.  I mean ok fine. I will get another unit of Thralls and Reavers.  Thanks for guilting me into that.

On 6/2/2018 at 6:43 PM, kozokus said:

I dont see a lot of lists involving tralls and infantry here. Is there any  consensus about them?

The Soulrender "wholly within 12" rule" makes me avoid it. And thralls are high damage but very low survivability with poor bravery so I can't make myself stack them. Basically an expensive glass hammer and the soulrender isn't good enough. 

Reavers are pretty much useless so far, the damage output is poor even at 9". Mostly just too expensive for what they do.  There's better allies for cheaper. 

Ishlaen guard are so good I just couldn't justify going into thralls or reavers.  

I mean Eternal Guard x30 + 1 Spellweaver. Gives guaranteed dispel scroll per game and d3 eternal guard back a magic phase and the eternal guard are quite survivable.  And it's under 300pts. 

I have been toying with lists like (AoS 2):

Akhelian King

Aspect of the Sea

6 Ishlaen Guard

6 Ishlaen Guard

6 Morsarr Guard

Allies:

Spellweaver

30 Eternal Guard

150pts left over, Might be good for endless spells or another unit. 

8 hours ago, Rollcage said:

The Soulrender "wholly within 12" rule" makes me avoid it. And thralls are high damage but very low survivability with poor bravery so I can't make myself stack them. Basically an expensive glass hammer and the soulrender isn't good enough. 

Reavers are pretty much useless so far, the damage output is poor even at 9". Mostly just too expensive for what they do.  There's better allies for cheaper. 

Ishlaen guard are so good I just couldn't justify going into thralls or reavers.  

I mean Eternal Guard x30 + 1 Spellweaver. Gives guaranteed dispel scroll per game and d3 eternal guard back a magic phase and the eternal guard are quite survivable.  And it's under 300pts. 

I have been toying with lists like (AoS 2):

Akhelian King

Aspect of the Sea

6 Ishlaen Guard

6 Ishlaen Guard

6 Morsarr Guard

Allies:

Spellweaver

30 Eternal Guard

150pts left over, Might be good for endless spells or another unit. 

If you look back a few pages, the guy who placed 7th at the latest GT used three units of Reavers as his core. 

I don’t think it’s accurate to say they are useless. They probably take more finesse than most battleline options. 

17 hours ago, mmimzie said:

Well aspect of the sea has endless spells of an option. Refilling to cast will make getting them off more realistic. A coven of tidecaster in the corner with an umbral spell portal recking havec from a cornwr could be a decent option. Letting us unload alot of our spells from a safe distance isn't to bad an idea. 

From there our damage/heal Pell on the aspect of the sea has abit more value due to weakens arcane bolt. 

Tidecaster using arcane corrosion can do long range  shot fro. The portals mouth later in the game when stuff gets in closer range. 

Thank you! I guess the AoSea is the one I will go with in that case. I suppose a bunch of eels would perform better than AoStorm as well anyways, especially as fuethan.

Now if only that trident stopped breaking... So fragile.

I've been considering the following list but I'm worried that I have too much wrapped into heroes.  I think my problem is that I want all the tricks but I'm sacrificing bodies to do it. 

Mor'Phann enclave

Volturnos

Aspect of the Sea

Soulrender

Soulrender

Tidecaster

Soulscryer

20 x Thralls

20 x Thralls

6 x Morsarr Guard

Archived