Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So yea, I'm happy with this by quite a bit. looks like a mix between blind, runty looking footsoldiers (dark-water elves?) and more armed, armored elves with skin tone (High-water elves?) along with magical flying monsters. That seahorse mount looks badass and even if the leader is uncannily mandfredd looking he is still an awesome model with that sword.

I wanna see the rules before I throw money at them, but so far the models have me sold.

Yea high quality nonsense is what they look like to me. 

Bow and arrows, swords (slashing weapons), mounts that look like their flying with no effort into whats making them move (bases are dirt and grass). Turtle chariots don't make sense as it would fall off under water, is that a repeater crossbow why not harpoons. Why are they bald eyeless and white with swords and bows for underwater people. 

1 minute ago, kenshin620 said:

The tiny little fish on the wave.....

AdepticonPreview-Mar22-Deepkin3kvdkig.jp

They're going to get turned into sushi on the battlefield!

The only cool model in the whole army. 

High elf Aqua man with sea cape. Least its not a sword either

I. AM. STOKED.

This is like the best thing for my convertible 40k/AoS Corsair army, short of actual "Corsairs", but I don't mind that it's not exactly what I want my army to be because that leaves me with lots of opportunities for making unique and creative modifications.

I think it's weird how people get really specific expectations for something  someone else made, sight unseen, especially in a creative DIY hobby like this. A huge part of what makes Warhammer so cool is that you make it look how you want it to look. Expecting things to be delivered to you just like how you imagine is very unrealistic. Possibly the best recipe for disappointment. Those pictures are not what we are being sold. We are being sold a kit of a million little parts to do with as we please. LOOKIT THE POSSIBILITIES!

I wish there were more females and not so many bald heads, but heads are super easy to swap, and I'm pretty used to a lack of gender diversity in GW ranges, so no big shocker there. Both are issues I look forward to addressing myself. I also wish they had more vehicles, but I don't mind being given the inspiration and opportunity to combine sea monsters and flying water magic with Dark Eldar Raider parts and maybe some elfified Kharadron Overlord ship parts, and/or even scratch building some flying aelven ships myself. xD  

49 minutes ago, Rollcage said:

Bow and arrows, swords (slashing weapons), mounts that look like their flying with no effort into whats making them move (bases are dirt and grass). Turtle chariots don't make sense as it would fall off under water, is that a repeater crossbow why not harpoons. Why are they bald eyeless and white with swords and bows for underwater people. 

They cast a spell to let them go on land and also fly. Also Probably magically enchanted weapons to let them slice through water easier as on land. Turtle chariot is clearly on there with super glue its good okay lol. Also the eyeless ones are apparently thralls who need to be controlled because no soul or something. Bald because it makes them look more under water ish and ugly and they were a failure. Not all of them are eyeless.  Also there are models not yet shown. 

8 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

They cast a spell to let them go on land and also fly. Also Probably magically enchanted weapons to let them slice through water easier as on land. Turtle chariot is clearly on there with super glue its good okay lol. Also the eyeless ones are apparently thralls who need to be controlled because no soul or something. Bald because it makes them look more under water ish and ugly and they were a failure. Not all of them are eyeless.  Also there are models not yet shown. 

Cool this help me understand this and make my old man mind wrap around this new fancy stuff

19 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Live stream itself said there are a few models left to see. :) They got a huge range. Man I want more Kharadron Overlords I'm jealous now. 

OK thanks, I thought that was probably the case just haven't had a chance to watch it myself.

To be honest there is enough with what has already been shown to make me very happy, but the fact that there are still models unshown... SPECULATION MODE ENGAGED!

Monstrous infantry (deepwater troggoth) or mid size monstrous crabs please

Ok so for anybody that didn't watch WHTV stream 

- they have huge amount of options even as far as 4 different weapon option for some boxes

- Teclis wanted to ressurect Manthlann somehow and he kind of succeded as this big "wave" guy is Avatar of Manthlann and even he has two assemble version - 2 Aspects 

- They have some kind of Nurgle alike "Tide" Allegiance Ability 

- there are more minis to come 

- it wasn't confirmed but looking at minis it's clear that Mistweaver is 99% with them 

I just hope competitive army can be build without turtle and/or cavalery as don't like them at all but rest of the range is amazing I will just kitbash infantry heads to have helmets or different heads. 

Number of options is huge we got something like 8-9 character options alone from preview. 

*Pounding head desk* Why oh why didn't I see this coming!? I have bought a Sisters of Khaine army, a Legion of Nagash army and also Isengard army för LOTR this year. Why am I so stupid! These are by far the best models för AoS that I have ever seen! 

3 hours ago, Rollcage said:

paraphrased from lots of comments: crappy looking sea cavalry shark things

To me the cavalry look like electric eels as opposed to sharks or other fish, giant electric eels mind but eels none the less. I'm not exactly smitten with the models though, the mounts themselves just look gronkified and the way the bodies of the mounts are shaped I find it hard to believe the riders are sitting that mount with ease.

I didn't need a spell for it to make sense, I just looked at them and assumed that they had the ability to ride the winds of magic and by extension to thus breath both above water and below thanks to the magical energies that surround them. The breathing thing is an issue so far.

The models do show definite swimming movement and the shoals of fish, the mantas on the Avatar of Mathlann etc look great. the Character with the Octopus screams Nurgle Scrivener demon hero though, so hopefully it's something more unique.

The giant horned turtle looks awesome, very fluid and a nice centre piece (if not taking that Avatar heh).

I also like the distinctiveness of the pale skinned sightless thralls and the normal coloured skinned elves. I'm most curious about the fluff reasons for the differences.

Archived