Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

3 hours ago, Jeff Egan said:

Buckle up for tonight's release. I think this one will be as good as the Overlords!

Think it'll be tonight, then?  I figured they'd wait a day or two into Adepticon for the reveal.  It starts tomorrow and honestly I'd be surprised if we got something concrete before Friday night.  But I don't know, myself.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, syph0n said:

Aye, I get all that and agree with you. I just get the feeling that there might be this element - linked to the soul stealing idea - that they can hold people in their thrall like the dark aelven sorceresses can. Just an idea. 

Woukdn’t the fish smell be their mounts?

3 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Woukdn’t the fish smell be their mounts?

That could be the case. I was thinking it was the general salt-water they concoct with their spells, but perhaps it is their mounts (squids, sharks, or some kind of turtle--if the rumors are true).

54 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Ugh, hate the streams.  Don't want to wade through 40k stuff I'm not interested in to catch it, but I'm sure the pictures will flood the internet right after.

I'm on the same side. I find the fact that you can watch the VOD only if you're a subscriber is a greedy move and really annoying (to be polite...). I will not be thankfull enough for all the sites and community members who report all the infos from those streams (especially the fluff ones).

For AoS I suspect GW will clearly annouce Deepkins at Adepticon....or maybe we were all wrong about Deepkins and they turns to be some long forgotten Stormcast's fishy chamber whose  riding lightning sharks and dracoctopus.....

4 minutes ago, Jeff Egan said:

Are you guys sure that tonight's video is only open to subscribers? I thought it was going to stream live for free. Can someone who knows for sure chime in?

No tonight's stream is live for free. It's only the video clip of the event that's subscribers only.

To explain, if I don't want to pay a sub' to watch the whole community event I must be awake at 2 a.m. due to my timezone :(

6 hours ago, syph0n said:

I think the fake Mayor letter is a bit of a clue. Under the thrall of the Deepkin? Drained of his soul...?

That really jumped out to me. It would be an awesome play style or allegiance ability if there was some bravery based system that allowed you to interfere with & affect enemy units! :ph34r:

Illusion, shadow magic, messing with the mindsof their victims.

5 hours ago, Jeff Egan said:

That could be the case! If so, perhaps the enthralled people lose their memories of their life as their souls wither? That would explain why the author of letter #3 doesn't know the name of the village.

37 minutes ago, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

That really jumped out to me. It would be an awesome play style or allegiance ability if there was some bravery based system that allowed you to interfere with & affect enemy units! :ph34r:

Illusion, shadow magic, messing with the mindsof their victims.

I think you guys are over-thinking a joke...

4 minutes ago, Naflem said:

Is that Manfred on a Seahorse?  

I don't know but holy ****** he looks awesome, and with the live stream name drop of the "Avatar of Malaan" as the wave dude, and mention of other models we havn't seen.

This looks to be bloody awesome! Only hard part will be figuring out which one to turn into my aquaman...

I am both 

some minis are awesome 

but those shark/sea creatures cavalery looks like Harelquin jetbikes but much worse and bald Elves are just bad (but If I decide to collect tchem will change their heads for sure), also turtle looks too cartoonish. 

So I don't know if I want to collect tchem was hoping for more grimdark soul-sucking Elves and they are more fairytale Elves. I'm glad I chosen DoK for now.

12 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I am both 

some minis are awesome 

but those shark/sea creatures cavalery looks like Harelquin jetbikes but much worse and bald Elves are just bad (but If I decide to collect tchem will change their heads for sure), also turtle looks too cartoonish. 

So I don't know if I want to collect tchem was hoping for more grimdark soul-sucking Elves and they are more fairytale Elves. I'm glad I chosen DoK for now.

i felt the same way about the white skinned elves, but I think I pinned it down: they have no eyes from what it looks like. the heroes and other elves have eyes, but the thralls look blind.

still, makes sense that they have no hair considering fish and everything, but this is still a good look. Initial disgust which is probably intended,  but I gotta dissagree on the fishes: they look good predators, and are a lot less bulky than what I imagined bigger sharks would be. Also, gotta say that the elfred looks awesome, and I think I'm torn having him or the avatar be my aquaman later on.

OK I have to say I love what has been shown. I think in terms of colour schemes I will be going for a toned down natural style (maybe riffing a bit on Ex Profundis's Swamp Aelves), maybe some head swaps to get some helmets on the basic guys, generally roughen things a little, but... the fundamentals are so good

Archived