Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

2 hours ago, Aelfric said:

In the picture posted above, the mask stops just before the bottom of the face exposing a small O of a mouth - at least that's how I see it.

It looks golden to me. Like the rest of the gold on the miniature. But could be a mouth, why not :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Mask covers whole face. 

1 hour ago, Amradiel said:

It looks golden to me. Like the rest of the gold on the miniature. But could be a mouth, why not :)

Now I'll have to buy the model to find out.  Oh well, If she's Deepkin will need her anyway :) 

12 hours ago, DantePQ said:

It's a great model anyway ;) that's why I hope she's Deepkin as I would love to use her and with her keywords you can't even use her as an ally unless you play Mixed Order 

I’m pretty sure you can - both her and the Tenebrael Shard come under the “Aelf” faction in GH2017.

I have the Mistweaver model. Her mask definitely covers the whole face. No mouth is visible. No ears, either,  incidentally: that thing on the pic above that sort of looks like  a pointy ear is atually a horn (which may be growing out of her head, or might just be part of the mask).

1 hour ago, Circus of Paint said:

Ah yes, my mistake!

(Strange that those two Aelves aren’t even included as allies for the other Aelven factions!)

Since they are from separate factions per WHQuest lore I hope Mistweaver is from Deepkin and Tanabrael is Malerion's Assassin (or one of Assassins) as I doubt we will get so many Aelf factions - Daughters of Khaine, Deepkin, Tyrion&Teclis Aelves, Malerion Aelves is enough I guess (and some we won't see until 2019 or even more possible 2020). As I am building DoK I will pass on Deepkin (but I'm curious about their design) as I'd rather wait for Angelic Aelves. 

I hope mistweaver is deepkin, I was really surprised that tenebrael wasn't Daughters of Khaine to be honest. Having a couple of really nice models with interesting rules sitting outside of any specific factions is a shame. I can't see us getting another aelf faction for quite a long time so it would be a bit rubbish if they just sit there mostly unused for another year or more.

I did wonder if both the mistweaver and the Shard were just “Test” aelves to see how the community reacts to a different direction. For a while there has been talk of GW wanting to cement their own IP so any new Aelves are going to be very different (but retain a similarity to “Aelves”) than anything out there (think Kharadrons for Dwarfs or Stormcast for men). The talk in here is of Atlantian or Greek and and creatures but with a dark edge. 

I don’t think they will be Cthulhu because that’s not original, similarly I can’t imagine they will just be Hoplites on a creature, I can only imagine it is something we ar not expecting and having seen what they have done with dwarfs, men and Orcs so far I’m really excited for this release!

3 hours ago, Sangfroid said:

I did wonder if both the mistweaver and the Shard were just “Test” aelves to see how the community reacts to a different direction. For a while there has been talk of GW wanting to cement their own IP so any new Aelves are going to be very different (but retain a similarity to “Aelves”) than anything out there (think Kharadrons for Dwarfs or Stormcast for men). The talk in here is of Atlantian or Greek and and creatures but with a dark edge. 

I don’t think they will be Cthulhu because that’s not original, similarly I can’t imagine they will just be Hoplites on a creature, I can only imagine it is something we ar not expecting and having seen what they have done with dwarfs, men and Orcs so far I’m really excited for this release!

That's exactly what they were they even said as much somewhere! They wanted to test the waters with different 'high' and 'dark Aelf themes, anf weve ended up with slaanesh aesthetic aelves, deepkin and angelic and probably shadow/daemon aelves!!I think they will be fitted in though in the future but who knows where!

11 hours ago, Sangfroid said:

Yeah I think all the miniatures sold in that sort of way have been for sales testing purposes, Stormcast used as a control, as they’ve been in every batch,  then 2 new aelves a human priest and a fyreslayer as well as a new darkoath cheiftain, and then I think we’ve seen the second wave of this testing in the malign portens heros with a stormcast once again as the control, a new mushroomy grot, a further venture into the darkoath theme (maybe the cheiftain didn’t sell that well?)  and  the knight of shrouds 

Sorry  if already mentioned/theorised/speculated. Could the Idoneth be more like Tartarus rather than Atlantean. What they hide is a prison for creatures and entities that cannot be  destroyed, or would rather torment. The greatest of these being Slaanesh?

Just a thought of wild speculation on a dreary Tuesday eve. (Disney pic for reference)

320?cb=20091206050921

11 hours ago, Kronos said:

Sorry  if already mentioned/theorised/speculated. Could the Idoneth be more like Tartarus rather than Atlantean. What they hide is a prison for creatures and entities that cannot be  destroyed, or would rather torment. The greatest of these being Slaanesh?

Just a thought of wild speculation on a dreary Tuesday eve. (Disney pic for reference)

320?cb=20091206050921

That's a really good idea.

I like the sound of that. 

7 minutes ago, syph0n said:

I think the fake Mayor letter is a bit of a clue. Under the thrall of the Deepkin? Drained of his soul...?

No, it's written by the Idoneth. The Mayor is dead and the village has been taken over by the Deepkin. That's why they refer to the place as "some filthy village"--the aelves don't even know its name; they just raided it. The three letters give us lots of clues about the Deepkin, which will likely be revealed tonight:

-the "smell of fish" must be the watery spell that the Deepkin cast to allow them to raid on the land

-these aelves are not morally opposed to raiding human villages (probably because they think it's more important to feed on souls)

- the aelves still have their classic, haughty sense of superiority 

Buckle up for tonight's release. I think this one will be as good as the Overlords!

17 minutes ago, Jeff Egan said:

No, it's written by the Idoneth. The Mayor is dead and the village has been taken over by the Deepkin. That's why they refer to the place as "some filthy village"--the aelves don't even know its name; they just raided it. The three letters give us lots of clues about the Deepkin, which will likely be revealed tonight:

-the "smell of fish" must be the watery spell that the Deepkin cast to allow them to raid on the land

-these aelves are not morally opposed to raiding human villages (probably because they think it's more important to feed on souls)

- the aelves still have their classic, haughty sense of superiority 

Buckle up for tonight's release. I think this one will be as good as the Overlords!

16 minutes ago, Jeff Egan said:

Notice also: The handwriting of the third letter is different from the first letter, which was sent to the Zoological Society.

Aye, I get all that and agree with you. I just get the feeling that there might be this element - linked to the soul stealing idea - that they can hold people in their thrall like the dark aelven sorceresses can. Just an idea. 

16 minutes ago, syph0n said:

Aye, I get all that and agree with you. I just get the feeling that there might be this element - linked to the soul stealing idea - that they can hold people in their thrall like the dark aelven sorceresses can. Just an idea. 

That could be the case! If so, perhaps the enthralled people lose their memories of their life as their souls wither? That would explain why the author of letter #3 doesn't know the name of the village.

I think the letter was just given to a low ranking officer when they found it or something.

"Ugh, do I really have to humor this society with a response? Why do I have to write to this useless place. What was the name of this village again? ah, drown it it's not like they remember anyways. "

Archived