The Painting Contract - March 2018

TheOtherJosh

OK I'll give this a go, seems I have a bit to do before month 3 of Malign Portents 

Pledge;

Finish 10 Ard Boyz (partially painted)

Finish 3 Gore Gruntas " "

Finish Warchanter " "

Finish Fungoid Cave Shaman " "

Start and finish Maw Crusha Megaboss 

Sounds like a lot but also of the first group are already on their way from previous months which gives me half a chance at this pledge :D

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! New to the forum and to the painting contract! Since Gw stores in Italy are hosting a team tournament with partecipants from all the official stores in April, I've to paint/ finish painting 1000p.ts of models. So I pledge to paint my 1000 pts Order list!

Drakesworn Templar

Brokk Grungsson

10 Freeguild guards with halberds

10 arkanaut company

I've already started to paint some of the models so i'll be putting pics on the topic in the following days!

17 minutes ago, Captain James Hook said:

Hello! New to the forum and to the painting contract! Since Gw stores in Italy are hosting a team tournament with partecipants from all the official stores in April, I've to paint/ finish painting 1000p.ts of models. So I pledge to paint my 1000 pts Order list!

Drakesworn Templar

Brokk Grungsson

10 Freeguild guards with halberds

10 arkanaut company

I've already started to paint some of the models so i'll be putting pics on the topic in the following days!

Welcome to the monthly Painting Contract! 

Tomorrow is Wednesday, so feel free to post stuff up on the WiP Wednesdays Thread:

We’re looking forward to your pics!

Going to pledge the glottkin. Had the model for about 18 months and should really get it painted before I can justify any other big models. I have got such a huge backlog but want to concentrate on some of the centre pieces rather than whole armies (Although I would still like to complete a number of ‘start collecting’ style armies that are anywhere between sprue-built-basecoated-near completion level).

Down for another 20 flagellants, general on a gryphon, exclesior priest and gryphhound, and a terrain piece I just started today. A homemade Garden of Morr or less considering how many souls Nagash is getting lately. 

Ill add a Diciples  of Sigmar steamtank as a bonus although I may not have the colours until the end of March. 

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting pics of my WIPs. I wanted to post them on the wip wednsney topic, but I only took the photos today.

Here are the photos of my drakesworn templar's stardrake, then my wip of Brokk and a pic of a finished (except for the base)model, my freeguild general on griffon

IMG-20180301-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20180301-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20180301-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20180301-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20180301-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20180301-WA0005.jpg

11 minutes ago, Captain James Hook said:

... Here are the photos of my drakesworn templar's stardrake ...  IMG-20180301-WA0006.jpg

Post your work, that’s just fine!

Nice work on the units, they’re looking good.

I might recommend doing a rotation on the image if it ends up coming out in landscape in the picture, but posted in portrait orientation.

One of the challenges when shooting with a smartphone is that they have very wide fields of view. That can show up with the background showing around the backdrop used for the picture.

I usually “cheat” and use a much wider backdrop, such as a piece of white poster board when shooting bigger models. (Typically at least 11”x17” or larger.)

You can “get away” with an 8.5”x11” for anything on a 75mm base or less. (Though that typically is pushing it.)

If you’re interested in improving your model photography, GW had a really nice article on the Warhammer Community site on Photographing Models here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/13/the-model-photo-how-to-photograph-models-for-display/

1 hour ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Post your work, that’s just fine!

Nice work on the units, they’re looking good.

I might recommend doing a rotation on the image if it ends up coming out in landscape in the picture, but posted in portrait orientation.

One of the challenges when shooting with a smartphone is that they have very wide fields of view. That can show up with the background showing around the backdrop used for the picture.

I usually “cheat” and use a much wider backdrop, such as a piece of white poster board when shooting bigger models. (Typically at least 11”x17” or larger.)

You can “get away” with an 8.5”x11” for anything on a 75mm base or less. (Though that typically is pushing it.)

If you’re interested in improving your model photography, GW had a really nice article on the Warhammer Community site on Photographing Models here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/13/the-model-photo-how-to-photograph-models-for-display/

thanks for the tips, I'll use next time I'll take pics. Plan is to finish the star drake before weekend

Was a WIP.  Now done I think. My own cheap Garden of Morr. I should have based the original mdf. Definite mistake. Next time though. This is my March terrain peice. Managed to get more glue yesterday so time for more flaggellants. Going to add a mounted  Valten but will use as something else. The pieces of him are on the fringe. And a hellblasters or two. 

img_1643.jpgimg_16441.jpg

I pledge to complete the following 1519963008695-1903030708.jpg.b71598a314cc39b46fc877c8af629a24.jpgIronjawz models: 

1x Warchanter WIP

3x Gore Gruntas WIP

10x Ard boys... Also WIP

I wiffed hard last month not getting my start collecting box for malign portents. I rallied with the harbinger getting the Fungoid shaman painted by the Monday after release. (Fastest paint I've yet done on a model.)

Currently working on a new rust effect for my enameled red paint for my IJawz this Warchanter is the test for the effect, feedback appreciated.

Thanks for having this community I look forward to seeing all of your awesome models.

1519963082369874875916.jpg

I think this month I am going to finally finish up my long suffering Nurgling bases, and maybe try and make a custom Nurgling horde for Epidemus (even though I don't think I'll ever use him)

If all goes well... Shadespire Warbands will be bought and painted! And maybe my last 3 plague drones too :D

So I managed to complete the glottkin although the snow in the uk may prevent me from picking up morathi this weekend so I may have to change plans for the rest of the month. I went for a yellow tone instead of green. I should really paint up my blightkings and finish off my start collection nurgle this month.

199AC3BE-16D7-44FD-A489-E486DB6C8EB5.jpeg

26E2E85E-67F6-477E-839E-ED38642A5704.jpeg

EDB4422D-3D91-4688-87A7-4C9CBC38E16D.jpeg

Not sure if I’m crossing lines but I see this as an ends to this painting contract ?

Let me know if I’m ****** up Josh. 

What’s on deck for March. Another 16 flagellants need to be made.  My bases should be in soon. That will be 60 flagellants in total. I was short 2 old old school guys so I’m substituting an axe wielding look alike and I’ll somehow modify that cleric to fit in. Forgot about Valten, not part of the army but needs to be finished. I suppose he could be a general on a horse and might fit in better for fluff. 
Also on the table, 40k - gamesday librarian and 3 grot commissars. Forget were they came from but they look fun. 

Disciples of Sigmar

Leaders
General on a gryphon 
War Altar
Excelsior Warpriest with gryphhound
Warpriest mounted (old Luther)
Warpriest mounted (ulric dude)
Warpriest (2 hammers)
Battlemage mounted
Witch Hunter

Battleline
Flagellants (unit of 30)
Flagellants (unit of 20)
Flagellants (unit of 10)

Artillery
Hellblaster
Hellblaster

Behemoth
Steamtank

Warscroll battalion 
Pilgrimage of Wrath

Other units
Sisters of Sigmar (greatswords unit of 20)

Total 2490 points. Invalid army because of allies 1220 pts instead of 500
Allegiance - Devoted of Sigmar
Playing open so invalid doesn’t matter.

img_1647.jpg

I have a full bench in March but here's my pledge of what will get done and then a list of what I hope I can get done as a bonus before April.

My pledge:

• Complete: 10 Witch Aelves
  • Complete: 5 Sisters of Slaughter
  • Complete: Sepulchral Guard
  • Finish : Bases for Shadespire starter box
  • Finish: Ironskull's boyz
  • Strip: 5 Witch Aelves
  • Begin: Morathi High Oracle of Khaine
  • Begin: 1 unit of 5 Melusai
  • Begin: 1 unit of 5 Khinerai

Bonus:

• 6 Liberators
  • Naeve Blacktalon
  • Black Ark Fleetmaster
  • 1 Blood Reaver
  • Darkling Covens Sorceress (Dragon Rider)

On 25/02/2018 at 8:33 AM, flemingmma said:

With my thinned paints i pledge to paint

1 necromancer

1 magister of tzeench

1 grave guard 

3 skellington warriors

2 black knights

And a 40k inquisitorial warband

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Got my grave guard and triple the amount of skellies done

20180304_131252.jpg.4912bc800b70f05d3de1e22614ad802f.jpg

My necromancer is pretty close to being done and I've undercoated my 40k warband and my magister

Archived